Thread: Post Your UI

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started working on buff/debuff filters.
    Added a bar at low alpha for vehicle fights and spell placement. How I love The Oculus!
    Added an EXP bar.
    Added a DPS Meter.
    Sorted out raid/party frames.

todo:

Change quest watcher font.
    Sort out Player/Target health/power text.
    Sort out Buff/Debuff on target frame and Debuff on player frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Am I the only one who uses the default Blizzard UI? It has everything covered, and very well to me as well; whether i've been DPS'ing or Healing (namely back in ICC/T11 when I was pretty serious), I always came up tops. Back on Silvermoon when my girlfriend was in a very high end progression guild, they actually missed out on a world first because one or their members' computer broke and he had to play on another with no UI/addons etc, and he literally said he couldn't play without his addons. I truly think you have to be some sort of half ape to 'need' them with the WoW we have to day.
    Let me guess. You dps right?

Quote Originally Posted by Narlya View Post
    Healing UI, i like that!
    Been a healing priest for the past 6 years.

My UI right now!

Could upload more screenshots later on during a real raid.

Addons in use: (Useful ones)
    1. Tukui (Including minor edits to re-position frames through lua. With Tukui Portraits, & DR_Tracker for Arena Frames)
    2. Grid
    3. Skada
    4. CoolLine
    5. Deadly Boss Mods

Addons in use: (Not so-useful ones)
    1. Atlasloot
    2. Ackis Recipe List

You may notice that the addon memory usage is quite high that is mainly caused by the "Not so-useful addons" and Skada.
    Nice and simple, Love it. Any chance off a Upload?? (im crap with LUA)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I truly think you have to be some sort of half ape to 'need' them with the WoW we have to day.
    Who here has said they 'need' addons?

The default UI may have everything covered but it doesn't mean it is to everybody's taste.

Does the default UI tell you

How much damage a tank took from a certain ability on the spot that caused a wipe, so you can determine what CD's to use? (I exclude WOL here since some people dont run live logs) - Skada/Recount

Allow you to see what abilities are incoming so you can prepare for them? I.E Damage Reduction CD's/Timers for adds -DBM/Big Wigs/DXE

Give you a detailed list of what raid CD's have been used, how long is left on the CD, and which CD's are up? - RaidCooldownTimer

Better Unit frames that show Diseases, Curses, Stacks of Debuffs, Magical Effects? - Grid/Vuhdo/*gulp* Healbot

The ability to tell you what CD's a enemy player has used so you can focus more on yourself then staring at unit frames? - GladiatorlosSA

A better tracking system for Debuffs, Buffs, and Stacks (Personal) then the stock system? - Power Auras

These are just very basic ones that really dont change the stock UI but add useful information to it which can vastly increase your performance in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Let me guess. You dps right?
    I know a tank who used the default Blizzard UI and he was one of the best tanks I've ever played with. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I know a tank who used the default Blizzard UI and he was one of the best tanks I've ever played with. Just saying.
    Tanking is the easiest role in the game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Tanking is the easiest role in the game.
    That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Enough. No need to start a role war here. Get back on topic.

He didn't use JUST the default UI. No DBM/BigWigs/DXE, no Skada/Recount/Omen is highly doubtful. Information/Data Collection addons are a mainstay for high-end raiding. Now as for the Default UI's framework, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Outside of addons liked DBM and Skada which provide in-game live information tools, everything else is almost always an aesthetic item that one is using to change/modify the appearence of the default framework. That being said, even if you run with 1 addon, it's no longer the default UI. No matter what it is, that addon has changed the game. Even in the most minute form, it has been changed.

Whether someone uses the Blizzard framework, TUk/ElvUI, or a full customized UI, as long as they enjoy it and it makes use of informative and helpful addons that make them more efficient at their role in-game, it doesn't matter.

Please refrain from derailing this thread. I don't care who started it and if your comment was a response to someone or something posted intentionally to flame, this thread is for posting your UI and any ellaboration of that should be simple questions/answer concerning the code/addon names used. There's enough whining and stupid bullshit on these forums, we don't need it in a thread focused at allowing every player to post their UI without fear of being ridiculed for having a personal preference. They are pixels. Get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    That's cool.
    Can I also be cool?

Deleted
    AddOns really aren't for getting better. Most serious UI designers do it because they like it, getting better is just logical since making UI's is about showing the info YOU need, where YOU need it, HOW you need it.

You might love the default UI, good for you. I hated to look at every useless part of my screen (and thus actual important gameworld), thus placed and changed everything around in a way which gives me the most possible (but not useless) information in the easiest way to process. It made me play better as a result, made the game more fun as I could see more and use my own "artistic" impression. After a while UI making is jsut to see how far you can go, it's like a strange drug or something. An addiction. You think you have the best UI in the world, then suddenly you get this new idea which is even more incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Change that white border to black and it'll be a huge improvement.
    Assuming you are referring to the borders on the Action Bars, Minimap, and the like with white borders. Well, I thought I would give this a try and for Raven, for some reason the color wouldn't change regardless of the settings in Masque. I mean, they change for a split second after pressing "Okay" or whatever it was after choosing the color in the menu, but then it changes back to White. I tried to reload UI, but nothing changed, even when the chosen color after the reload UI said Black. And the border on the Serenity cooldown bar (Above my pet bar and below my action bar), the black border would be near impossible to see in many situations. Thankful for the suggestion, but it doesn't seen to work for me. Maybe something I can do to work with the white borders.

If I misunderstood something, please help me; I got a D in high school English.

Don't want to repost the same UI, but links are back on the middle of page 292.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Assuming you are referring to the borders on the Action Bars, Minimap, and the like with white borders.
    Aye that was what I was referring to. To me, personally, the contrast of the white borders stands out like a sore thumb. Also having two different colours on the borders would drive me absolutely insane. I have terrible OCD when it comes to little things like that.

What it comes down to though is that it works for you, that's all that matters. We can sit here and tell you what we think and give you our opinion, but it's your UI and it's completely up to you whether you change it or not.

After reading the quote, I perhaps should have elaborated a tad more on what I meant. Instead of just saying "DERP. This makes it better."

I use the default WoW UI, but with essentials like DBM, recount, and Omen just pasted onto the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    AddOns really aren't for getting better. Most serious UI designers do it because they like it, getting better is just logical since making UI's is about showing the info YOU need, where YOU need it, HOW you need it.

You might love the default UI, good for you. I hated to look at every useless part of my screen (and thus actual important gameworld), thus placed and changed everything around in a way which gives me the most possible (but not useless) information in the easiest way to process. It made me play better as a result, made the game more fun as I could see more and use my own "artistic" impression. After a while UI making is jsut to see how far you can go, it's like a strange drug or something. An addiction. You think you have the best UI in the world, then suddenly you get this new idea which is even more incredible.
    This. For healing, for DPS, for tanking, the default UI gets the job done - that's why it's default.

I just think it's ugly and that the standard UI elements can be implemented more efficiently. I'd say it does improve my gameplay overall, but only because I'm used to a more minimalist design. I wouldn't say that I can't perform with the stock UI and nothing else, though.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account

Idle (With Combat Text)

Raid/Arena - Everything shown

Deleted
    That looks...interesting, would appreciate a in-combat screen.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroC View Post

Idle (With Combat Text)

Raid/Arena - Everything shown
    Edited DerpyUI?

Well, with the mop servers down earlier I got bored and went back to live, in an attempt to cut down the amount of addons I use. Mainly just ended up styling it and moving stuff around xD

Combat

Random jazz

My resolution isn't normally this tiny but I'm on holiday and playing on my laptop. And yeeeah, this aint anything special comparing to lua pros, but I like it. Wish my grid editing skillz were good enough to make the backdrop class color instead of a single solid color tho. ^^;

Edit: Nevermind the lack of chatspacing. Noticed I'd lost it with an update. Fixed now, so the lines aren't ontop of each other.
    Last edited by Andosup; 2012-06-30 at 01:15 AM.