Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    I get what your saying about it being left heavy, I might need to play with placement of Map + Chat box. Here is a raid shot.

The big 100 is my focus. Figured that would be nice to see. Thinking about making the targets health the same way as my focus in the frames. Need to put in a enemy cast bar as well.
    Had to make an account to say this..

Please tell me you're going to release this at some stage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by birchhh View Post
    Had to make an account to say this..

Please tell me you're going to release this at some stage?
    Not to take any credit away from Ricen as its a really nice UI, but I think you could probably get a very similar UI your self if you tinker some.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've aligned everything properly, buffs, text all that jazz. Pretty much finished now other than Raid frames but I think I'll just go with grid because I'm lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My UI in it's current state, open to any suggestions to make it better

Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Not to take any credit away from Ricen as its a really nice UI, but I think you could probably get a very similar UI your self if you tinker some.
    No offense taken haha. I have been doing UIs for a super long time just making them look the way I want. I do some LUA editing with SUF. I have released some stuff earlier on. I might upload i guess we will wait and see

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I've aligned everything properly, buffs, text all that jazz. Pretty much finished now other than Raid frames but I think I'll just go with grid because I'm lazy.

1. The text on your cast bar needs to be bumped up 1 px.
    2. Your color scheme for your uf's is different than your nameplates, which is different from your cast bar, which is different from your exp bar.
    A bit of simplification could be applied to make the Ui more coherent.
    3. I don't know if its just me or not, but, % symbols drive me insane. If percent is the only value you are displaying for health text, why do you need the % symbol?
    And even if you are displaying two texts for the health value, you can use color to differentiate them without needing a % symbol
    4. Lastly, your default game font is ugly hehe

<3
    Ish

I fixed all major things in the UI it seems, and since i'm satisfied of the layout i started to make the new bars introduced in MoP

Monk - Harmony bar (chi)

It works exactly as combo points, so i decided to make it similar to them. Obviously it switches from4 to 5 depending if you have the talent or not.

Priest - Shadow Orbs

The mechanic again it's nothing fancy, some spells generate orbs, some other spend them - only when you have 3 the border changes color so it's more noticeable. I'm thinking about making the border glow.

Feedback always appreciated - positions of text and such are a little off, i know. I'm working on the laptop so the reso makes the offsets go a little wild. Next step (and final i hope) are the Warlock bars which i'm starting this afternoon.

EDIT: i made thepanel a little more interesting - red border means you're in combat, blue means resting.

@Ish: ohai long time since your last visit

@care: thanks to you, the aura work has become really easier and i expect to finish it soon
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-07-07 at 11:45 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Fnx UI (0.9 BETA) 4.3
    - Don't hate the player, hate the game.

v0.8 BETA

v0.9 BETA

Package contains ?
    Chatter - Chatbox
    DeBugRunes - Runes/Timmy stacks
    Dominos - Action bars
    Grid - Raid Frames
    MSBT - Combat text
    Omen - Don't think I need to explain
    OmniCC - Sexy timers on action bar
    OneBag3 - Bags
    qMinimap - Simple Minimap
    Skada - Dps/Healing meter
    ShadowedUnitFrames - Unit Frames
    Quartz - Castbar

Who to install ?
    - First of all I would recommend you copy your old WTF and Interface folder and save it somewhere on your PC in case you want it back
    - Unzip the "FNX UI.zip" file to your desktop
    - Put the WTF folder into your World of Warcraft folder and rename "ACCOUNTNAME" to what your own account is called
    - Do the same with "YOUR SERVER"
    - And again with "CHAR NAME"
    - Copy the "Font" folder into your World of Warcraft folder

DOWNLOAD LINK: HERE
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2012-07-07 at 03:32 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    <3Ish
    You're always so harsh to me ):

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    @care: thanks to you, the aura work has become really easier and i expect to finish it soon
    Looks good, really good work on the new class stuff. How much actually broke on the beta? I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. :s

haste is working on oUF - so obviously it will take time before he makes a stable release, atm it works everything apart from some class things like holypower and eclipse bar.

But to be honest i think most of the breaks depend on the layout. Probably i've been luck and/or the thing i like to make many things by myself made my UI not too much dependant from other addons - and again thanks to haste and other developers on WoWI that helped me with a little debugging.

Tukz for example has already a stable beta for TukUI - only available to supporters though, hence i cannot see much (it would have been interesting to see what solution he had in mind).

As i said if all continues this way the UI work is nearly finished (at least for a usable release) so i can focus on the aura plugins. Obviously olny with MoP live i can enhance the initial concept and work on optimizing - make things better. My totem bar works perfectly for example. The fact is that now totems are mostly defensive/pvp/offensive cooldowns, and they last for like 6 seconds - only a couple last like 30 seconds or one minute. The totembar also has completely disappeared hence i'm think about the real usefulness of the totem timers i made (for this i need the feedback of shamans).

Anyway there are enough things working to make the work fun, and not too much broken things to make it unbearable

It's still WIP .. and I am unsure about different things (fonts, etc pp for example).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...712_181709.jpg
    oh, honey.

For a WIP is not that bad.

The only thing is the complete mixture of different layouts/fonts over the screen. None of them is bad taken alone, but a mix of all them makes your UI look like it's unfinished and/or just a compilation of unconifgureed addons.

Probably i just read bad your post (meaning you have put all the layouts and fonts together to choose between them) but imho, focus on one font adn one layout. Asymmetrical things are cool, but the frames need to look like parts of the same thing.

For a WIP is not that bad.

The only thing is the complete mixture of different layouts/fonts over the screen. None of them is bad taken alone, but a mix of all them makes your UI look like it's unfinished and/or just a compilation of unconifgureed addons.

Probably i just read bad your post (meaning you have put all the layouts and fonts together to choose between them) but imho, focus on one font adn one layout. Asymmetrical things are cool, but the frames need to look like parts of the same thing.
    The main part I am still struggling are the fonts and player frame. Rest is mostly "ready".
    oh, honey.

@Ish: ohai long time since your last visit
    Never left, just been lurking about
    Regarding your chi counter, I don't know if I really love the current text for it. I think something simpler would be better. Perhaps just use numbers without the "c" or maybe use a symbol for each stack like a " * " or maybe even just using a period for each stack but bump the font size up to 36 or something like that.
    Also, I don't love the combat/resting coloration. Perhaps if you were using 3 px borders instead of 1 px borders it would look okay, but, right now it looks untidy
    <3
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    You're always so harsh to me ):
    I wouldn't call it harsh, I would call it constructive
    Many <3's for care

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Never left, just been lurking about
    Regarding your chi counter, I don't know if I really love the current text for it. I think something simpler would be better. Perhaps just use numbers without the "c" or maybe use a symbol for each stack like a " * " or maybe even just using a period for each stack but bump the font size up to 36 or something like that.
    Also, I don't love the combat/resting coloration. Perhaps if you were using 3 px borders instead of 1 px borders it would look okay, but, right now it looks untidy
    <3
    Yeah i was feeling the same for chi. Tbh i just copypasted that part form combo points XD I'll try some solutions than post them here.
    EDIT: i trid something, but the best combos (probably due to font) are tokens of two chars. Period is out of question, too small.

About the coloring, the jpg format makes them look worse than they are - have you other ideas that could look cool? Like a dot, or a "c" for combat and "r" for resting, the only thing is that i don't know where to put them XD
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-07-08 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted

My current UI not in combat, will try upload one in combat later.
    Last edited by mmoc0f83dc0846; 2012-07-08 at 12:33 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Created this for my druid alt, hope you enjoy.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-07-08 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post

My current UI not in combat, will try upload one in combat later.
    Your UI is basic and that is no problem. You don't have to be a LUA maestro or anything. Only "advice" I'd give is to drop X-perl as your unitframes. It consumes unnecessary CPU cycles and runs pretty heavy. Alternatives like ShadowedUnitFrames, Stuf, and Pitbull have amazing functionality and actually run lighter than x-perl. If you like the LOOK of x-perl you can simply edit any of those unitframe addons to look like it. Also, moving your Player/Target/Focus/TargetofTarget frames down to around your character's screen location is ideal for resource management and data efficiency. Having your actionbars, castbars, unit frames and other informational items close to the center of the screen where you spend the highest majority of your focus on is immensely helpful. I can see you have had the expansion on farm for quite some time now as I have. If you are interested in tweaking your UI at all(whether it be placement, addon changes, etc.), use this time between Cata and MoP to do that! Who knows, you might enjoy some changes you make, no matter how tiny.

Other than that, UI's are completely personal preference and you should use what you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    My ui is cleaned up except for the blizz portrait in the upper left. Does anyone know of an add-on that will get rid of that? IM using the following add-ons atm

bartender
    sunn art
    dbm
    recount
    quartz
    vuhdo
    prat
    Vuhdo will. Look through the options, there's an option to hide the different Blizz frames.

Deleted
    Split off the whole discussion about "how to make the most annoying UI ever" into a separate thread, since it doesn't really belong into this one.