Thread: Post Your UI

My newest ui!
    http://imgur.com/qDigD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

10+ Year Old Account
    So UI people, ive run into a small problem, exceeding my small knowledge about UIs. So i just got a Macbook pro/retina, and the resolution is something like 2880x1500 its insane. But my problem is i cant seem to create a UI for it that is suitable for such a great res. My question is help, just small suggestions because its kinda hard

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    So UI people, ive run into a small problem, exceeding my small knowledge about UIs. So i just got a Macbook pro/retina, and the resolution is something like 2880x1500 its insane. But my problem is i cant seem to create a UI for it that is suitable for such a great res. My question is help, just small suggestions because its kinda hard
    Here are the possibilities I see, a) play in windowed 1920x1080, it will increase your fps and such. b) you simply create your ui around the center of your screen and end up having nothing on the sides other than probably skada.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Is that using phanxchat? enable .lua errors in-game and see if anything pops up.

for me to get monochrome in chat I actually have an addon I 'made' myself, it's just basic code in a .lua file called stuff. It basically changes a few minor things in chat and on the minimap.

Try using 1 backslash instead of 2, that may be where you're going wrong.
    I'm afraid to say that using 1 backslash instead of 2 didn't work, and no .lua errors appeared in-game
    I even tried copying your "Stuff" addon into my interface folder, but that didn't work either

I guess I'm forever stuck with Chatter and its horrible outlines (so horrible I would rather not use an outline) until a chat addon is made with a monochrome outline :P

Deleted
    It should be:
    Code:
    ChatFrame1:SetFont("Interface\\AddOns\\oUF_Qulight\\media\\fonts\\font", 12, "MONOCHROME,OUTLINE")
    according to the SetFont docs.

PS: Double backslashes are fine, they need to be escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    It should be:
    Code:
    ChatFrame1:SetFont("Interface\\AddOns\\oUF_Qulight\\media\\fonts\\font", 12, "MONOCHROME,OUTLINE")
    according to the SetFont docs.

PS: Double backslashes are fine, they need to be escaped.
    Thankyou Treeston! I shall try it after I get home from work later and report back

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    So I decided to take my Care-influenced UI and mix it with Texty's Ui from WAAAAAAY back in Wrath. I used TextyUI back then before I started making my own. I also decided to make my kgPanels resemble Aurora since I use that as well. Ill post a pic of Texty's UI for reference. I think I was able to merge the Care and Texty styles together rather well.

My UI:

Texty's UI (old):
    Any chance of you uploading this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenvelden View Post
    Here are the possibilities I see, a) play in windowed 1920x1080, it will increase your fps and such. b) you simply create your ui around the center of your screen and end up having nothing on the sides other than probably skada.
    Does playing in windowed really increase performance? I had no idea. And ive begun working on a UI, its going to be interesting, ill post when i get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    Any chance of you uploading this?
    Hey there, currently I have 2 UI's on WoW Interface and I don't think I'm up to the task of keeping up on another. I am planning on deleting one of those UI (Vxtuk UI). Right now I only plan on keeping VxtUI up-to-date on there. But if you like this UI alot, PM me and I can see if I can make a .zip of the UI and email it to you.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 05:59 PM ----------

Also, been tweaking my purely Care-influenced one and decided to make unit frames using Stuf similar to his ouf_Quilight edit.

Liking the UI's Vxt, keep up the work. What map addon are you using in your CareUI edit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was pretty bored so I decided to try out ElvUI for the lols.

Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Also, been tweaking my purely Care-influenced one and decided to make unit frames using Stuf similar to his ouf_Quilight edit.
    Looks good, too many action bars though! :O

Deleted
    Oh how clean my UI would have be if I had a gigantic Apple screen.

Deleted
    Awh, awesome UI's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollover1212 View Post
    Liking the UI's Vxt, keep up the work. What map addon are you using in your CareUI edit?
    I believe that's iMinimap he is using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Oh how clean my UI would have be if I had a gigantic Apple screen.
    Its actually comming along nicely, but against my will im debating with myself to do a pixel font, what to dooooo

Yes I use iMinimap. There's other minimalist map addons that have a 1px border, but I liked having the class-colored date on the map so I could easily hover over and see times and click for calendar. It's all configured in LUA if you want to use it. Pretty simple config section in the LUA tho. Should be pretty easy to configure.

Oh and Care, I've tried using an ActionBar layout that hides buttons/bars to be slimmer, but I am just a stickler for 3x12 since I tend to use ALOT of macros and like the piece of mind of having them there on screen.
    Last edited by Vxt; 2012-07-19 at 06:39 PM.

Its actually comming along nicely, but against my will im debating with myself to do a pixel font, what to dooooo
    Do it. /10chars

Deleted
    Updated rules in the OP, since realistically nobody stuck to the old ones, and I don't see any other solution without completely shutting down casual UI chat, which certainly holds a certain informational value. As long as the thread doesn't get cluttered too much, I won't have to change something about it.

I have tried all of the coding that you have told me to try, Carebear and Treeston, but I'm having no luck :\ Tried with 1 backslash, and 2 and they still don't work
    I will be fine with my current nasty chat addon for now, and maybe someone will make a new one that I like soon enough