Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    very nice and clean what addons are you using for the ragebar and icons above it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    You have far more information displayed than what could possibly affect your DPS.

If Raid frames are good enough to monitor four groups; it should be good enough to monitor your own group too. Meaning, you don't need Party frames.

And if you don't need Party frames, you certainly don't need Party Target frames. You can remove Party Pet frames while you're at it.

Target of Target of Target is a bit redundant.

With a Combat Text addon, you could get rid of all those numbers in the very centre of your screen so that you can see better. As melee, you already see bad enough. No reason why you should make it harder on yourself. Put the numbers around your character, rather than ontop of.

You could do with cleaning up your Player frame, and perhaps make that and your Target frame smaller in size. Then move them to a less awkward place. It's information you want to review constantly, and so it'd make sense to put them close to the centre of your screen where you are looking most of the time. Prioritize UI elements that way. Most vital information near/around the centre, and the spread outwards.

Spacing between UI elements could greatly be improved, too. Would give you a much cleaner look, and make it easier on the eyes.

There is a hundred other things you could do, but hopefully this is a start.

- Cowt; giving unsolicited advice all over the internet.
    Indeed. I resubbed to WoW today and decided to scrap the UI after doing a raid with it. Felt like a big cluster of info...not sure why I didn't do it before. Now I snagged ElvUI and am fiddling with the stuff to get it in a workable state. It's mostly done but I still need to configure a scrolling combat text addon, probably Mik's.

Here's how it currently looks.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2452/currentuiwip.png(am not linking it as an image since it's gigantic and thumbnails hate me).

I'm still fiddlin' with it but it's mostly workable I think. DBM has alerts that show close to the middle, above my character slightly. I may widen the space between me and the target. Focus is under my frame, target of target is under the target frame.

Overall it's a step in the right direction I'd think. I can look around more easily without having to look at the corner of the screen now so that's nice. I also have the enemy nameplates show my debuffs so I can track seal cleaving more easily. I don't have pet bar shown because Idunno wtf to do with it on say a warlock or hunter. For now I'll just leave it alone since I mostly play Paladin, Warrior and Shaman.

I also need to tweak boss buff and debuff junk I think...maybe. Dunno.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2012-08-23 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    What raid frame addon is that?
    vuhdo
    i believe

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xozat View Post
    It's so clean and nothing get's in the way or distracts me which I had problems with before (ADHD :/)
    http://i.imgur.com/b0fyB.jpg
    What are those 2 things in the left border of the screens?

Top left is the Vuhdo config menu and the middle one looks like Powerauras or Weakauras menu. Either way they are just menus that are open to show all the ui options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Overall it's a step in the right direction I'd think.
    Certainly is. But the UI is still taking up far more screen space than it needs to. You're looking at almost 45% of your entire screen not being visible.

Reduce the size of some elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Now I snagged ElvUI and am fiddling with the stuff to get it in a workable state.
    It looks good because it's designed. It doesn't look good because the lay-out makes little sense, and here are a few reasons why:

The Action bars on the side are completely squeezed in as if you hadn't accounted for the placement of the Threat meter and Recount. (You hadn't).

You have way more Action bars than you really need to.

The location of both your Tooltip and Class bar are in a really awkward position, and doesn't align with anything else.

Your Threat meter and Recount are placed as if you have no spacial awareness.

- If you're up for the task, I'd strongly recommend compiling your own UI.

Evaluate what you really need. Plan the UI by placing the different elements in your head, or draw it on paper.

The finished product may look completely different from what you had pictured in your mind, but at least you went in with a rough idea.

Make it aesthetically pleasing when you have everything roughly down. Addons such as KgPanels, SexyMap and Masque are great for customizing the over-all looks of the UI; giving it your personal touch. Also use a highly customizable Unit Frame addon, such as Stuf.

And if you have any questions, feeling lost, looking for feedback, or just need a fresh eye; the MMO-C community is both helpful, and innovative.

Been busy remaking UI's since my Hard Drive died, but here's a recent UI I've been working on outside of VxtUI.

Screen:

Using a texture made by Kaitain of EU-Ravencrest. Literally all the thanks goes to Kait for the SEXY striped bar texture that this UI focuses around. And before you ask, no this is not Elv/Tuk. I make my UI's from the ground up, using individual addons. Sharing this UI right now with only guild members and RealID friends. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Vxt; 2012-08-24 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Been busy remaking UI's since my Hard Drive died, but here's a recent UI I've been working on outside of VxtUI.

Screen:

Using a texture made by Kaitain of EU-Ravencrest. Literally all the thanks goes to Kait for the SEXY striped bar texture that this UI focuses around. And before you ask, no this is not Elv/Tuk. I make my UI's from the ground up, using individual addons. Sharing this UI right now with only guild members and RealID friends. Enjoy!
    Personally I dislike the HP bar texture a lot. It hurts to look at. :')
    Also, making your buffs in the top left corner the same size as your action bar buttons would look better - more consistency!
    Other than those 2 points; looks awesome

EDIT: Omg. My sister has the same name as the player logging on your Real.id in chat. She doesn't play WoW, but it's still creepy!
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-23 at 11:39 PM.

Also got my Care-influenced UI remade.

Screen:

Nothin special, but it was fun making the UF's in Stuf rather than Qulight's ouf skin.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Also got my Care-influenced UI remade.

Screen:

Nothin special, but it was fun making the UF's in Stuf rather than Qulight's ouf skin.
    Love this one. But I'm just a sucker for anything CareUI related :P
    Off topic: Dalaran has people in it on your server? I jelly.
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-24 at 01:37 AM.

Illidan = Highest pop US. Org is bad. Dal also has portal to caverns of time for DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely as usual Raizenyokai.. Nice work!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Deleted
    Raizenyokai your ui looks great

will you upload it?

Which UI are you referring to? I have 6 UI's so I get confused.

Which UI are you referring to? I have 6 UI's so I get confused.
    Consolidate/abandon, son!

I just use dominoes and a few other addons that don't do anything for the UI.

Quse! You know i have a problem!

Hello, my name is Raizenyokai and I am an interface addict.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-08-24 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added ui shot
    oh, honey.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    What raid frame addon is that?
    It's default vuhdo, I've slightly changed it since the screenshot but looks almost the same. Just out of the box idle should look similar.

The player frames are Shadowed Unit Frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Current:

I really want some feedback on this, I haven't bothered making a new proper UI on this PC, but returning to ElvUI feels good.
    Throw all your ideas at me.

http://i.imgur.com/gRL9g.jpg