Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Decided to change back the player and target frame, felt to cramped with having everything in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Current:

I really want some feedback on this, I haven't bothered making a new proper UI on this PC, but returning to ElvUI feels good.
    Throw all your ideas at me.

http://i.imgur.com/gRL9g.jpg
    - Castbar, Actionbar 1+2 aren't same width.
    - Same for your Dot Timer above the target frame.
    - Some of your unit frames have font outline, some don't.
    Rest is more or less Elv UI, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Decided to change back the player and target frame, felt to cramped with having everything in the center.

With that grey it looks kinda depressing. Just kidding.
    - I would put 2-3 less buffs per row, so your combat text doesn't overlap
    - Boss frame looks a bit out of place - or is that focus?
    - You have a lot of different button borders in use
    - Some elements have font outline, some don't.
    - Give some love to your minimap.
    Rest is solid.

--

My UI: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoWS...412_184820.jpg
    I know, UF has different borders than buffs/debuffs, but tried the same border overall, looks shit.
    And I love class colored. Pink ftw.
    I also changed the position of the minimap ~10 px left, so it aligns with party frames, buffs, etc.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-08-25 at 12:54 PM.
    oh, honey.

@Joyful: I would consider possibly moving the castbar to align with forte with a small pixelgap between. And if you use PitBull mirror the bars of the boss frames and target+tot so it flows from the middle to the right instead of from the right to the middle
    Last edited by Xintic; 2012-08-25 at 12:55 PM.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    With that grey it looks kinda depressing. Just kidding.
    Think I might try and work too get a few more colors in, without it looking totally random. Will see how I do that.
    - I would put 2-3 less buffs per row, so your combat text doesn't overlap
    I have it like the top row is buffs with >2min duration and the lower row is with buffs thats <2min duration. Might try and blacklist some auras or all auras.
    - Boss frame looks a bit out of place - or is that focus?
    The unitframe above my player frame is focus and above that focus target. Boss Frame is the one completely to the right on the screen, will align too the same hight as player and target fram.
    - You have a lot of different button borders in use
    I will probably have to make them all like my powerauras are since you can't change the powerauras ones. As far as I know at least.
    - Some elements have font outline, some don't.
    Grid, bigwigs and cast bar? Or do you see any farther more?
    - Give some love to your minimap.
    Will do
    Rest is solid.
    Thanks, will try and work on your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post
    @Joyful: I would consider possibly moving the castbar to align with forte with a small pixelgap between. And if you use PitBull mirror the bars of the boss frames and target+tot so it flows from the middle to the right instead of from the right to the middle
    Ahh yeah, good spot, gotta see if I can make it work with my healers as well then.
    Last edited by mmoc2b9514a7e1; 2012-08-25 at 01:26 PM.

The unitframe above my player frame is focus and above that focus target. Boss Frame is the one completely to the right on the screen, will align too the same hight as player and target fram.

Grid, bigwigs and cast bar? Or do you see any farther more?
    1) And what is the right thing with "Ultraxion" on it? It looks kinda out of place.. not aligned to anything.
    2) I guess, yes. Doesn't count all bars.. just seen some with and some without.
    oh, honey.

http://i.imgur.com/gRL9g.jpg

- Castbar, Actionbar 1+2 aren't same width.
    - Same for your Dot Timer above the target frame.
    - Some of your unit frames have font outline, some don't.
    Rest is more or less Elv UI, so...
    I am very much open to using anything else than ElvUI.

I am very unsure as to what to use right now, I want something very solid, very smooth, very clean for MoP and onwards.

Would that suffice? Does anyone have any recommendations for a pre-made UI / a layout that I could make myself and try out?

Inspiration is more or less what I am looking for. Some I found here, but you can never get enough.

Deleted
    Anyone know how to change the color of class colors on Skada?

You gotta change the definitions for class colors somewhere in Skada's own lua code. I am afraid I know nothing about that, but that's my guess.

use !ClassColors addon. allows you to change class colors for any addon using a libdb I believe. I use it to change all my addons' colors minus grid.

Here is a link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/classcolors/

Enjoy!
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    use !ClassColors addon. allows you to change class colors for any addon using a libdb I believe. I use it to change all my addons' colors minus grid.

Here is a link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/classcolors/

Enjoy!
    Thank you!

Now I just got to figure out how to add outline to BigWigs and I might be done.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 08:23 PM ----------

Removed auras from buffs.
    Made all icons have the same look (Until I can find a way for me to change how the power icons look).
    Added a border to minimap, removed WiM button.
    Changed the class colors to bit more vibrant close to neon colors, and made skada use class colors.
    Added outline on quartz and grid, still haven't found how to add it to BigWigs.
    Got a new nameplates Addon.

Last edited by tordenflesk; 2012-08-25 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Got a new nameplates Addon.
    May I ask what the name of that nameplate addon is?

I've just been using grid for a while, but i'm fed up of it now :(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kli View Post
    May I ask what the name of that nameplate addon is?

I've just been using grid for a while, but i'm fed up of it now
    dNameplates

But you are aware about the fact that grid isn't a nameplate addon?
    Last edited by mmoc2b9514a7e1; 2012-08-26 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Pet peeves/nit picks are the best.
    Thumbnails.

Why do people love having so much sh*t in the middle of the screen? I've yet to see an addon that doesn't have anything in the middle of it. The clearer the screen for me, the better.

That's why I use the default.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Why do people love having so much sh*t in the middle of the screen? I've yet to see an addon that doesn't have anything in the middle of it. The clearer the screen for me, the better.

That's why I use the default.
    So there you don't have to look to the edges of the screen to get information which you can get much quicker if it's in the middle. Think about it... You look to the edge of your screen to see how much HP the boss has left, and then you look back and you're standing in fire. If information is in the middle of your screen you don't even have to take your eyes off your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    So there you don't have to look to the edges of the screen to get information which you can get much quicker if it's in the middle. Think about it... You look to the edge of your screen to see how much HP the boss has left, and then you look back and you're standing in fire. If information is in the middle of your screen you don't even have to take your eyes off your character.
    That is why audio alerts are so important. While I still centralize a lot myself, I do use things like GTFO and Power Auras (to be replaced with the much superior Weak Auras in MoP) and have been using it so long that I react to the sound without having to consciously look.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    That is why audio alerts are so important. While I still centralize a lot myself, I do use things like GTFO and Power Auras (to be replaced with the much superior Weak Auras in MoP) and have been using it so long that I react to the sound without having to consciously look.
    I find the audio alerts very helpful too, but as a raid leader of a 10man heroic raiding team, that's just not going to cut it.

Here's my newest Iteration:

In capital/Mounted: http://i.imgur.com/WiQJB.jpg
    Very clean and simple since you don't to see a lot while messing around in cities.

In Combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/2Czo8.jpg
    Functional. Left is Target, Middle is me, right is pet. Focus is below the Target frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyza View Post
    Here's my newest Iteration:

In capital/Mounted: http://i.imgur.com/WiQJB.jpg
    Very clean and simple since you don't to see a lot while messing around in cities.

In Combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/2Czo8.jpg
    Functional. Left is Target, Middle is me, right is pet. Focus is below the Target frame.
    What's that bag mod?
    oh, honey.