Thread: Post Your UI

Tbh, Maintankadin UI thread is mostly dead, same for EJ and WoWAce. Wowhead is now and then a post and stuff.

Tankspot ... looks quite active, I like that.

(For my UI, you could also look into my signature, there is a list. It's also a DPS/Tank UI, yay)
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    My Priest Ui 5.0.4

http : //s1.directupload.net/images/120901/vcljij49.jpg
    What add on is that?

So after updating VxtUI to 5.0(DOWNLOAD IT OMG), I decided to make a new UI taking elements from it and mixing it with an older UI Dicate used. Though the UI he was using was TukUI(back during ICC/Halion), I simply saw a few elelments I liked and tried to mix the two together. Lemme know what you think!

Idle:

In-Combat:
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

here is a link to my UI http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/...912_020244.jpg(hopefully the link works :/) - Anyway, I'm not completely satisfied with my UI, I know it's not very minimal or what not but as a healer I have tried numerous sleeker designs and it never seem functional (for me). Any suggestions to pretty it up a bit? Thanks!

Combat screenshot of current release - i edited MSBT so big numbers are displayed like hp tags on unitframes, the aura tracker is full functional but still unfinished, hence too soon to show it to everyone

Always open to new suggestions (if aren't aimed to redo the entire ui :P) - i had to plug the notebook to an extrenal monitor to get a decent high-reso screen :P Still playing at 1280 is not bad, but i'm too much use to open, empty screen.

Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    here is mine, feel free to criticise

http://jade-drachen.de/!wdr/warlock.jpg

btw does anyone know why tidy plates won't show my icons on the target as 'compact', even though i changed the setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    So after updating VxtUI to 5.0(DOWNLOAD IT OMG), I decided to make a new UI taking elements from it and mixing it with an older UI Dicate used. Though the UI he was using was TukUI(back during ICC/Halion), I simply saw a few elelments I liked and tried to mix the two together. Lemme know what you think!

Idle:

In-Combat:
    I think you should certainly upload that one. Loves it.

My UI changes pretty often, but this is what it looks like currently.

Idle:

In Combat:

I prefer a really simplistic, yet modified look. I despise the stock UI :P
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-09 at 05:15 PM.

Chillin

Forgetting to Readiness because I went to screenshot.

Finishing a few things before I decide to upload. Whatchu guys think?

Focus is below Pet, looks exactly like the ToT. Focus Target is left of pet.

I miss GridStatusRole.. I have no clue who people are now. Any suggestions on something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Chillin

Forgetting to Readiness because I went to screenshot.

Finishing a few things before I decide to upload. Whatchu guys think?

Focus is below Pet, looks exactly like the ToT. Focus Target is left of pet.

I miss GridStatusRole.. I have no clue who people are now. Any suggestions on something along those lines?
    Very controversial subject in this thread; but I'm going to go ahead and suggest using a pixel font.
    *Runs and hides. Don't hurt me!*

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    UI I made. I liked Kati:Auras UI so much, that I wanted to try and do it myself. This is what I came up with:

Still a work in progress. I have a few things that need to be fixed.
    well done!
    just yesterday I decided to experiment with more weak auras based ui - and saw Kaitain's work.
    would you mind posting here (or in PM if you prefer) a weakauras export string for a unit frame orb thingy - I haven't figured it out yet and it will save me a bit of time

many thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Always open to new suggestions (if aren't aimed to redo the entire ui :P) - i had to plug the notebook to an extrenal monitor to get a decent high-reso screen :P Still playing at 1280 is not bad, but i'm too much use to open, empty screen.

</snip>
    Uhmm amazing?
    -I would give buffs equivalent spacing as the map, so they line up with something.
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    [...]
    In-Combat:
    If I build a new interface, I will certainly take this as an example. Not much from it, but there's one thing I really, really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    [...]
    I still think the portraits must go, or you have to make them different. It just looks "dirty" with them on the bars. I will not say anything about the fonts, since saying something against pixel fonts is like insulting someone in this thread, dunno.
    What exactly is this "small bar" on top of your UFs? Is it just for level and HP%? Somehow I can't stand the combo bar... :/

All in all, I really like your UI, even with the font.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Try another font. If you don't want a pixel font, just try a more readable one. Like the always preffered Express Freeway or so. With a small outline, or w/o. Dunno. - Or, if you want to go the "OH I AM SO MINIMAL"-route: take a pixel font. But please, if you do that, take A GOOD ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Very controversial subject in this thread; but I'm going to go ahead and suggest using a pixel font.
    *Runs and hides. Don't hurt me!*
    *grabs knife* .. just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    [...]

[...]
    Oh, I would love to have that Weak Aura settings... still struggling with it. Tried it alot.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    If I build a new interface, I will certainly take this as an example. Not much from it, but there's one thing I really, really like.
    Is it the ridiculously sized damage meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Is it the ridiculously sized damage meter?
    Now that you mention it...

No, no. It was something totally different!
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Now that you mention it...

No, no. It was something totally different!
    48 buttons?

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 04:33 PM ----------

Btw
    Or, if you want to go the "OH I AM SO MINIMAL"-route: take a pixel font. But please, if you do that, take A GOOD ONE.
    Pixel fonts aren't about being minimal.
    The point of designing with a pixel font is about utilizing a font that is created to be read via a monitor.
    They give you cleaner lines than a normal serif/sanserif font will on a monitor.
    I guess you could draw the similarity that cleaner lines mean a more modern aesthetic, but modern doesn't have to always be minimal
    /end tangent hehe
    <3

Nope, not the 48 buttons (you really count them?)

And most people use the pixel fonts to "minify" their UI, whichs bothers me. IF I had a small monitor and such, then I would use them, but I don't. And yes, it's kinda personal choice. If I have a 22" or 30" display, I couldn't use a pixel font, 'cause the text would just get lost.

I, however, use some pixel fonts for different things (indicators for example, where I need some icons I can't get with a normal font).

Ah, and yes: <3
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Nope, not the 48 buttons (you really count them?)
    Ah, and yes: <3
    Protip: 4x12=48
    tehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by ishtara View Post
    protip: 4x12=48 :d
    tehehehehe
    what is this sorcery?!
    oh, honey.

15+ Year Old Account
    I need some suggestions on a universal font for all parts of the UI for any of you font gurus - UI in Signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?