Thread: Post Your UI

where'd evn go? miss those updates.

I finally managed to get my priest 'home' and on the correct faction. I've incorporated the major changes to my UI (layout and style) but still need to spend a fair amount of time modifying writing lua for weak auras/unit frames/modifying add-ons, making textures and sounds, and testing the whole whack of stuff with high-level content before I try and make a download available.

I'll post a screenshot when I wake up but mostly it's just my same old priest UI combined with the aesthetic you see in my paladin preview video. I like the layout I've been using - I think it covers most situations really well so there's no reason to change it significantly. Most of what I want to do is to make more clever use of animation and color to relay information.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Not bad, I just hate the damn color scheme.
    Just wondering what colors you would use?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Nice. Since you liked more the black part on bottom, have you tried to flip the image 180 degrees with any image browser? I think even windows can do it.

Did I do it right? xD

You seriously made me spit my cofee all over the keyboard. Searching for a napkin.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

@Jeremypwnz
    The IshtaraMedia folder in my Ui download has two files for the gradient texture.
    One is the normal texture and one is inverted to have the dark part on the bottom.
    Just throwing that out there

You seriously made me spit my cofee all over the keyboard. Searching for a napkin.
    Especially if you look at his avatar after looking at the image.
    oh, honey.

Back on topic, my last combat screen as a gnome!

So you can see MSBT, auras, and such. Ugly quality by Imgur - need a better image hosting site.

Deleted
    Just wondering what colors you would use?
    Anything but not dark grey on black. Could go for class colors, something vibrant. You could let it go from green to red depending on amount of health left. You could have the colors change depending on whether you can use an execute kind of ability. Have it change depending on boss rage procs etc. etc. etc. Colors are the easiest thing to identify things with. Though I guess it doesn't matter much for a hunter.

Back on topic, my last combat screen as a gnome!

So you can see MSBT, auras, and such. Ugly quality by Imgur - need a better image hosting site.
    - I still think that this "c1, c2, c3 .." stuff is just.. dunno. I would definitly change that. It doesn't look good.
    - I would bring the ToT on line with player and target uf (health bar), except you have something in that place.

I am not a fan of the colour scheme. I am more like Led. I love vibrant colors and stuff. But that's just a personal opinion. Same for pixel fonts.

Except of this... I really, really like your UI.
    oh, honey.

I'm a fan of text indicators, i found that tokens of 2 chars were the best option :P Anyway i can understand the feeling, it goes all about tastes.

That one isn't ToT but focus - pet and ToT frames are aligned with the health bars of player and target respectively - i don't know how i managed to get a screen without tot lol.

Why not try out Squares or so? There are other pixel fonts which uses symbols .. maybe that works better?
    oh, honey.

I tried a lot of them, i'm happy with them tbh. Anyway suggestions are always welcome.

What about dropping the 'c' and just doing 1 2 3 4 5?

I can try that too. I still have to do the new sceens for WoWI :P

Btw, anyone has memory "issues" with bag/lootframes addons? The script i'm using (based on stuffing) is going wild, so i disabled it and i'm going to manually reskin the bags.
    Also, i've nearly completed the Aurora edit for ColdUI, so every frame now is styled accordingly wth the UI.

EDIT: i think i need to add some kind of damage meter. I'm working on a Recount skin, but i wanted something more minimal, suggestions are welcome.

alDamageMeter? TinyDPS?
    oh, honey.

alDamageMeter is very cool. Going for it.

Deleted
    is it me or since mop was released has this thread kind of died.

Nah, everyone's just leveling and that takes out much of my free time and from Ui developement :P

I polished my UI a bit and most of the time I am - sadly - writing my Bachelor Thesis .. so no time for playing and/or building UIs
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Do not let gaming fuck up your school work!