Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Do not let gaming fuck up your school work!
    It doesn't. That's a thing I learned in my early school life.

(But now, after eight hours of writing my head is burning and I need to relax)
    oh, honey.

I cleared out the new heroics the other day and found places my UI needs some serious improvement - I need to make my keybinds a little more sane too: I cleared out W and R for 'new abilities' but I find I pretty much never void shift and halo is on such a long cooldown that W is a waste of a bind.

FortExorcist has been kinda sketchy - I started work on making weak auras display ticks so I could replace it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I cleared out the new heroics the other day and found places my UI needs some serious improvement - I need to make my keybinds a little more sane too: I cleared out W and R for 'new abilities' but I find I pretty much never void shift and halo is on such a long cooldown that W is a waste of a bind.

FortExorcist has been kinda sketchy - I started work on making weak auras display ticks so I could replace it.
    your ui is the only thing im waiting for lol. MOP was cool an all but now im 90 im looking at my current ui. (a rework of Damia's UI from wow interface) and i just die a little inside.
    i cannot stress how excited i am to see your ui released :P i know your gunna hate me but any chance at all you have some sort of estiamted ETA
    p.s you are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post
    In combat

To-do-list

WeakAuras for combo points and totems and demonic fury/burning embers/soul shards.

I was wondering if you have this uploaded anywhere? I think it's really great and would love to try it out!

msbt isnt quite the way i want it but. it will work for leveling.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-28 at 10:59 AM.
    Intel Core i5 2500 quad core
    8gb ddr3 ram
    ASUS SABERTOOTH SLI motherboard
    Geforce 580gtx
    Corsiar Force3 120gig SSD (boot drive + WoW install)
    WD 400gb hdd

If your buttons are this small why not get rid of them completely
    Besides this the UI is OK, to be honest I am a design wh**e and if anything does not fit into the UI I tweak it. The UI is functional but not that pretty.

I managed to kill a raid boss tonight, here's what I'm working with on my priest:

It's terrible and I should have known before I started it would suck but I ignored my education and tried anyway. My bottom bars are half-assed bartender because making weak auras work right will take time I don't have. The text is dreadful but I never bothered to change it from my paladin (I want to use fonts you pay for but they require tweaking to work in warcraft properly). Transparent everything makes for a pretty screenshot but it sucks for usability. My old 30-100% setup was way better. I'm going to give these a little more time using Kait-style weak auras backgrounds with 3d stuff but I don't expect it'll last. Enemy cast bar needs to be larger, smarter, and better. I need to hack raven to start positioning buffs 5 pixels further to the left -- the "oversized" debuffs don't let me position the way I'd like to so I lose my nice 6x5 pixel spacing thing. The minimap should be slightly larger (5 pixels I think) to line up with my grid but I ran out of time to make that fit before I had to level.

I managed to kill a raid boss tonight, here's what I'm working with on my priest:

http://i.imgur.com/8O7yYl.jpg

It's terrible and I should have known before I started it would suck but I ignored my education and tried anyway. My bottom bars are half-assed bartender because making weak auras work right will take time I don't have. The text is dreadful but I never bothered to change it from my paladin (I want to use fonts you pay for but they require tweaking to work in warcraft properly). Transparent everything makes for a pretty screenshot but it sucks for usability. My old 30-100% setup was way better. I'm going to give these a little more time using Kait-style weak auras backgrounds with 3d stuff but I don't expect it'll last. Enemy cast bar needs to be larger, smarter, and better. I need to hack raven to start positioning buffs 5 pixels further to the left -- the "oversized" debuffs don't let me position the way I'd like to so I lose my nice 6x5 pixel spacing thing. The minimap should be slightly larger (5 pixels I think) to line up with my grid but I ran out of time to make that fit before I had to level.
    Except the pixel fonts, I really like it. I couldn't stand the color scheme since it's highly unfunctional - especially since the Sha stuff is mostly white/black and your UI uses black as bar background. Another - more vibrant - color would be better tbh.

I love your big debuffs. In most of my UIs I made them bigger, too ... sadly I can't do that (easy) with Rothar's Buff mod.
    oh, honey.

Deleted

its nice . but i fell in love with your paladins unit frames :P

Except the pixel fonts, I really like it. I couldn't stand the color scheme since it's highly unfunctional - especially since the Sha stuff is mostly white/black and your UI uses black as bar background. Another - more vibrant - color would be better tbh.
    I'm thinking something similar too. Most of mists is a really bright place so I'll probably just bring up the opacity to 50-100 (rather than 30-70). I'd like to drop gnosis and fortexorcist for weak auras but I've been throwing all of my warcraft time into getting ready for challenge modes. Log in -> 3-4 dungeons -> bed time.

I really want to use FF Din Pro, Gotham, and the Helvetica throughout my UI but Windows renders fonts like ass, and Warcraft manages to do an even worse job. The versions I have just look terrible and I can't find or make something that looks as nice and works in warcraft.

its nice . but i fell in love with your paladins unit frames :P
    I'll export the auras for the text, broken as they are, and then you can use stuf or ouf to draw the 3d portrait. The text itself wasn't part of the unit frame because I wanted the middle of my screen free to click mobs spawning etc. It's pretty rare you actually want to click your own unit frame in combat and when I do it'll be from my raid frames.

15+ Year Old Account

Started working on my UI again from scratch and there is still some obvious clutter and untouched parts but it is coming together alright. The big feature is the holy power Weak Aura functionality. I wanted a way to see how long they would last when out of combat so I could decide what to do when running from fight to fight.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Deleted
    evn, what do you use for nameplates?

edit: nvm, saw some pages ago it is tidyplates + threatplates. Care to upload the config for it?
    Last edited by mmoc51af1d1acc; 2012-09-28 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    evn, what do you use for nameplates?

edit: nvm, saw some pages ago it is tidyplates + threatplates. Care to upload the config for it?
    Sure, I can do that -- do you jsut want me toss the contents of the saved variables file on pastebin or something?

The big feature is the holy power Weak Aura functionality. I wanted a way to see how long they would last when out of combat so I could decide what to do when running from fight to fight.
    This is a great idea. I've always just made it a point to never leave combat without a damn good reason (my guild tends to be really opposed to downtime so it works out) but I can see where this would be very useful. I'm going to steal it, shamelessly.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-09-29 at 04:29 AM.

Deleted
    Sure, I can do that -- do you jsut want me toss the contents of the saved variables file on pastebin or something?
    That would be great!

Deleted
    I have been trying to update my old UI because of popular requests and so I decided to show it heard to see what you guys think:

Both are from a 5 Man Dungeon as a DPS:

Not In Combat:

In Combat

EDIT: And no it is not elvUI/TukUI

DreadzyUI - Holy Paladin Paradise
    http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...912_195357.jpg
    Heavily edited ElvUI, no h8 #yolo

Signature Designer | PM Requests: OPEN | Realm: Eonar - US

-Snip-
    I can't wait to see what you worked out with your Weak Auras, when it comes to DP(orb tracking) aswell as Mindblast and it's proc.
    You're nearly there though, I think it looks great.

here are my tidyplates settings
    You'll need the Visitor font and I made a couple of 'plain white' and 'plain black' textures (just 8x8 pixel tga files) for border/status bar/background and added them to shared media. If you use an addon like pitbull or vuhdo you probably have something similar already that you can use.

And here are some functions that mostly kinda almost work which you can use to in pitbull or weak auras to create unit frames sort of like what I had in pitbull.
    The code is terrible, I wrote it drunk, I wasn't thinking - you really should clean it up and then send it back to me - I have very little time to fiddle with these things so it might be several weeks before I get back to it. It's kind of "hey this would be neat, I'll just bolt that on the end" and then it kinda got out of control.

EDIT: I still owe one holy power bar/unit frame import for weak auras - I'll do that once my git-commit finishes.
    It's going to be ugly.

here they are

They're all weak auras strings. Be careful with whitespace when you cut/paste. I warned you it'd be ugly.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-09-30 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    -video-

Started working on my UI again from scratch and there is still some obvious clutter and untouched parts but it is coming together alright. The big feature is the holy power Weak Aura functionality. I wanted a way to see how long they would last when out of combat so I could decide what to do when running from fight to fight.
    The HoPo bar is cute. :O
    oh, honey.

Just finished editing Elv to my liking.