Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Vanchak View Post
    What unitframes addon are you using?
    Sig by Listrata

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Now think for a minute Bear. Do you really need unit frames at all?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    If you think long enough, Alt-Z is enough for an UI.
    I'd actually love to make a UI that has just nameplates and nothing else. If only we could have a player nameplate above our own head! I tried it with a normal unitframe but it didn't feel right.

Deleted
    Hey Thorim can you upload this UI pls?

I'd actually love to make a UI that has just nameplates and nothing else.
    I gave some thought to that too - sadly the API gives you very little control over the position & motion of name plates. Everything ends up moving about too much to be a good user experience.

Deleted
    Led inspired ideas fucking up the core of what minimalism is really isn't my problem.
    But these Led inspired UIs don't fuck up the core of what minimalism is. They show what is relevant for that particular user.

Hiding so much stuff to make your UI look pretty and in result make your UI cripple you instead of help you in a raid environment is fucking up the core of what minimalism is, in my opinion.

I feel like most famous UI designers are too busy trying to hide as much as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    But these Led inspired UIs don't fuck up the core of what minimalism is. They show what is relevant for that particular user.

Hiding so much stuff to make your UI look pretty and in result make your UI cripple you instead of help you in a raid environment is fucking up the core of what minimalism is, in my opinion.

I feel like most famous UI designers are too busy trying to hide as much as possible.
    That's the entire point I made. I feel like I show what is actually relevant and more importantly, where the information is shown. I feel like most other "Led" inspired UI's don't in either one or both departments. Either they think they're minimal for showing so little info in all the wrong places, or they think they're minimal and their screen still hass non relevant shit all over it. Sticking my name to this problem is quite stupid imo.

Deleted
    What stuff appears in a raid?

<image>

It's just a 5 men party, a 10 man raid would have 5 frames more, a 25 raid 20 frames more. But there isn't any extra "stuff" besides that. Led inspired ideas fucking up the core of what minimalism is really isn't my problem.

Just call em Carebear inspired UI's and we're good.
    Cool but why do you have the action bar shown? it's just useless shit; mounts/pet/professions...why?? Time on chat is silly xD Also, the color scheme for your threat does not go with the rest of the frames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    Cool but why do you have the action bar shown? it's just useless shit; mounts/pet/professions...why?? Time on chat is silly xD Also, the color scheme for your threat does not go with the rest of the frames.
    Actionbar is purely aesthetic (liek the top and bot bar you could say). Wjat's wrong with knowing when people say things? And the color scheme should be identical everywhere since it's a single addon.

Deleted
    The actionbar.... I really dunno how to say this other than it looks really odd there. It's not something you want to see surely? When mounts etc can be binded and hidden.

The time on chat is something I personally have no need to see. But if it's something YOU need (part of the whole point of being minimalistic without going over the top) then fair enough.

When I first saw your UI I actually thought the threat bars were the party frames due to it being class colored and standing out alot more than the others. When I'm healing I've rarely seen issues with threat but even when there is, something like Grid comes with threat for frames anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    The actionbar.... I really dunno how to say this other than it looks really odd there. It's not something you want to see surely? When mounts etc can be binded and hidden.

The time on chat is something I personally have no need to see. But if it's something YOU need (part of the whole point of being minimalistic without going over the top) then fair enough.

When I first saw your UI I actually thought the threat bars were the party frames due to it being class colored and standing out alot more than the others. When I'm healing I've rarely seen issues with threat but even when there is, something like Grid comes with threat for frames anyway.
    Again, aesthetics, most of it is even bound. I changed my preferred mount and pets on daily basis, it's easy for professions. Could I hide it? Of course, but it doesn't bother me the slightest.

Threat bars stand out because that's the point. Important things stand out when they have too. People who lost a lot of health stand out more then others too. And my Grid has threat, but it's not a healer specific UI. I tanked with it too. Grid shows who has aggro, threatmeter shows 3 people so I can easily use my hands on people who overaggro or come to close to the tank. Both when I'm tanking and healing. Grid shows all the debuffs I can cleanse, Beacon, etc. Quite frankly, it shows all te information I needed for both a tankadin and healadin as a non raidleader. I was the #1 healer in the guild, not because I or my guild was any good, but mainly because I saw just what I needed to see, and a lot of other people in my guild didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.

TEXT
    What Unit Frames are those?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post

Loving the UI as a warrior myself. Care to share?

Deleted

I wanted to make it as clean and lightweight as possible.
    Tried to keep the middle clear of stuff and only have the important stuff shown.
    Last edited by mmoc13e5020cea; 2012-11-12 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post

I wanted to make it as clean and lightweight as possible.
    Tried to keep the middle clear of stuff and only have the important stuff shown.
    nice and clean. What map addon is that?
    also, what are you using to skin your meter?
    (pretty new to the UI customization, after finally getting sick of Elvui
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    nice and clean. What map addon is that?
    also, what are you using to skin your meter?
    (pretty new to the UI customization, after finally getting sick of Elvui
    The map addon is sexymap. The damage meter is skada with Accidental Presidency font and I actually 'stole' the bar texture from tukui

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-12 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted

Solo

Group

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post
    <ui>
    Middle cooldowns sFilter?