Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

decided to redo my ui again last night.. i know people hate non transparent chat windows, and more than one.. but it's what i like.
    once again started from QuseUI and changed a bit. wish i could use a better looking bar addon but bartender is just so easy to use. raid frames use Mlight healer raid frames. stacked above minimap. (also i need to move my damage meters)

(STILL CAN'T POST IMAGES/LINKS just remove the space)

OOC

INC
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-18 at 08:45 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    This UI looks familiar...
    I've taken inspiration from a lot of UIs in this thread, player and target frames are nearly a direct copy of yours, I love the style. The minimap is nice too, and I didn't want to mess around with the border for ages.

Still working on my UI, unitframes aint done at all, nor is map / info tags still fixing where its all gonna go.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Combat:

Interested to know how you configured your debuffs? Did you go with the classic option instead of integrated and then just add in the bars under your Player Frame?

What are those bars and timers next to your tooltip?

Assuming this is Elv right? Looks very nice, given me some ideas

Deleted
    My current UI in progress that I copied from Kaitain:

Combat:

Need to find a better way to display all the buffs/debuffs I need to track in raids. Haven't found or seen a good solution yet. Tips are welcome.

The idea behind this UI is to make it look nice but still be highly functional if you want to perform at top level in raids, which I feel very few UIs out there do.

UI in action (highly unfinished): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_FOENws98

You sure you wouldn't like to abbreviate those names?
    Here's a piece of code(courtesy of touchymcfeel) that was meant for Pitbull, but that I think would work for WA(I'm assuming that's what you've used):
    Code:
    local abbr = Name(unit)
    if abbr:len() > 20 and abbr:find(" ") then
      abbr = abbr:gsub("([^ ]+) +",
        function(text)
            return text:sub(1,1) .. ". "
        end)
    end
    return "%s", abbr;
    also, do you really need to be reminded of your level, race and class? Wouldn't that be fairly obvious?
    and, thick outlines aren't very pretty.
    Last edited by tordenflesk; 2012-11-19 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    You sure you wouldn't like to abbreviate those names?
    Here's a piece of code(courtesy of touchymcfeel) that was meant for Pitbull, but that I think would work for WA(I'm assuming that's what you've used):
    Code:
    local abbr = Name(unit)
    if abbr:len() > 20 and abbr:find(" ") then
      abbr = abbr:gsub("([^ ]+) +",
        function(text)
            return text:sub(1,1) .. ". "
        end)
    end
    return "%s", abbr;
    also, do you really need to be reminded of your level, race and class? Wouldn't that be fairly obvious?
    and, thick outlines aren't very pretty.
    Abbreviate what names? The level/race/class on player frame is just for symmetry. Thought that was fairly obvious. I have no out line what so ever on my unitframes. I have thin outline on my WA icons because they stand out more that way. Functionality>>Prettiness. That is why I don't use pixel fotns for anything I need to glance at quickly. And that is also why I don't tuck away my raid frames in corner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    My current UI in progress that I copied from Kaitain:
    UI in action (highly unfinished): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_FOENws98
    Where's dat zerogravity!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    Where's dat zerogravity!
    Rage quit.

Deleted
    Rage quit.
    Hahaha good to know gonna tease him later ^_^

Abbreviate what names?
    The ones of your target. You apparently want to cut them off, why not try to fit the whole name.
    I have no out line what so ever on my unitframes.
    I was talking about the ones on your castbar...
    Functionality>>Prettiness.
    Then why are you attempting to make it pretty?
    if you were going for pure functionality you wouldn't be doing some of the things you're doing. Using the same fonts, textures, shapes and placement goes a long way in making things predictable, with the added benefit of "not looking like shit"

Deleted
    Just a question to everybody out there that has these streamlined clean UI's without any actionbars: Do you just toggle them off for these pictures or are you memorizing 100+ keybinds? I just find it hard to believe one can remember so many keybinds to have no actionbars at all out while playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    The ones of your target. You apparently want to cut them off, why not try to fit the whole name.
    I was talking about the ones on your castbar...
    Then why are you attempting to make it pretty?
    if you were going for pure functionality you wouldn't be doing some of the things you're doing. Using the same fonts, textures, shapes and placement goes a long way in making things predictable, with the added benefit of "not looking like shit"
    Oh, the ones on cast bars. I hadn't noticed it. Thanks! They look like the unit frames font now.

What I meant was that I am not going to remove functionality to make it pretty. I use same font except for damage meter because the font I use for unitframes is very pixelated at small sizes. My placement of stuff are ideal for me or any other player that wants to perform at max level. That much I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Just a question to everybody out there that has these streamlined clean UI's without any actionbars: Do you just toggle them off for these pictures or are you memorizing 100+ keybinds? I just find it hard to believe one can remember so many keybinds to have no actionbars at all out while playing.
    I remember all my keybinds. It's not really hard once you used them for a bit. I think I have like 60-80 keybinds in total.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-11-19 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Wow, thats just impossible in my world. Are you savant? J/K. Really pretty UI's though, I might borrow it for my Boomie/Warlock would it work as well as it does with your sp?

Deleted
    That's really beautiful Ariadne. Reminds me a bit of Real UI, just prettier. D:

The cast bar especially struck my eye, specifically the channeled effect. Which addon is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    The cast bar especially struck my eye, specifically the channeled effect. Which addon is that?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...andTimers.html
    Most likely but you can get the effect you like with this as well
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/castbars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...andTimers.html
    Most likely but you can get the effect you like with this as well
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/castbars
    Cheers. I've been using Quartz for years and years. Heard a lot of good about Gnosis though, might give it a try.

Trying to go with a very clean yet nice looking UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I have not uploaded my UI before and I'm not sure when I will get round to doing it, if I ever do :P
    At the moment it's just a UI for me personally, catering to my play-style which I imagine other people would not particularly like.
    Not to mention that a lot of AddOns that I use are out of date and can be be annoying to deal with, unless you're used to doing so, like me.
    Just was curious , If i give any specific UI a try, i always end up tweaking it a bit to fit my style of play - good work overall