Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Using Pixil's Interface doing LFR.

http://i.imgur.com/S4vqO.jpg
    Jesus. That's eerily similar. I think I prefer your raid frames too :P
    Great job recreating my UI!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Did better than me, those raid frames are nice, might have to change mine to those :P

Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    I would say SUF has texts a lot more user friendly than Pitbull. You just have a menu where you click on what you want, and the rest happens on its own. Text placements aren't any more difficult either. Simple location dropdown, then X,Y values to fine tune.
    Yeah, that's fine for most people I'm sure, but I'm very particular with my text display and the way I want it to show isn't among the standard examples. I'd have to learn how to write my own code for it, whereas in Pitbull the ones I want are already there.

Deleted
    Throttle the OnUpdate appropriately. For buff icons, 10 runs per second should be appropriate. More runs means even more accurate timers at the cost of even more CPU usage.
    thx for the info, i appreciate it and if im hitting a wall i know who to spam with the question.

Never create tables in OnUpdate - recycle them.
    Yeah i hate it if people doesnt reuse stuff but simply write it down every time again...i remember a project for a simple check figure´s moving options and somebody i knew wrote like 300lines of code on a 30lines matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Pixil, how are you tracking ignite with no addon/combat text?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Pixil, how are you tracking ignite with no addon/combat text?
    If I had to guess id say they combust after a Heating up ->inferno blast->!pyro as you are guaranteed both pyro and ignite up on the target.

Looking at many WOL you can see many mages are still holding on for that golden ignite to try and get a big combust but with the new 45s cd on it just use it when you can and gogogo... seeing 2 used in 7 - 8 min fights is just disheartning!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    If I had to guess id say they combust after a Heating up ->inferno blast->!pyro as you are guaranteed both pyro and ignite up on the target.

Looking at many WOL you can see many mages are still holding on for that golden ignite to try and get a big combust but with the new 45s cd on it just use it when you can and gogogo... seeing 2 used in 7 - 8 min fights is just disheartning!
    But you have no idea if the Pyro crit, not to mention you cant see if your ignite is stacking or not.

Maybe its just me, but I think you've sacrificed performance for minimalism.
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

But you have no idea if the Pyro crit, not to mention you cant see if your ignite is stacking or not.

Maybe its just me, but I think you've sacrificed performance for minimalism.
    Quite offended that you think that actually. TIL that it's harder to see a heating up proc in the middle of your screen than a number popping up on the target.

Ignite is not hard to track and combustion is certainly not hard to use, even without combat text (as long as you know what you're doing. Which I assure you, I do).
    Besides this being off topic regarding the thread subject, I would rather not have to read about how I lack in performance in raids.

Deleted
    That's only in 25+man actually, 10mans looks like this:

I have to work in DBM's positioning and Boss frames a little. I had to separate ExtraButton because of the shadows blocking the "CD tracker", I might try to add some Cooldown Bar to that.

You can see the right bar with trash disapearing when the combat starts

Also quite transparent MSBT.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solo combat

OOC

Last edited by OriginalVocalMix; 2012-11-27 at 09:46 AM.

/snippity snip snip

I have to work in DBM's positioning and Boss frames a little. I had to separate ExtraButton because of the shadows blocking the "CD tracker", I might try to add some Cooldown Bar to that.

This is awesome. Really cool being able to see this UI in action when I am not personally using it.
    Also it's allowed me to see things which you've improved on, and things which I like the way they are.
    I like the sparkly icon alerting you to use Invocation, and I prefer the positioning of your Invocation timer (above the center of the focus frame, rather than above the right edge)
    One thing that stuck out though: dbm covering the buffs in the top right corner. Tssk tssk! :P

Also I know your pain with the extra action button: http://screencast.com/t/sfbvZCsHyhJ7
    For some reason I've been ignoring it an not moving it haha. Will move it when I can be bothered :')
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-11-27 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite offended that you think that actually. TIL that it's harder to see a heating up proc in the middle of your screen than a number popping up on the target.

Ignite is not hard to track and combustion is certainly not hard to use, even without combat text (as long as you know what you're doing. Which I assure you, I do).
    Besides this being off topic regarding the thread subject, I would rather not have to read about how I lack in performance in raids.
    I'm sorry that my post offended you.

That said, my point still stands. There is no way to see if pyro crit or not, so you have no idea if the ignite damage pool is small (from only a IB crit), or big (from chain pyro crits), meaning that you wont be able to use combustion efficiently.

I'm sure it wont be hard to add something to track ignite without changing the usability or style of the UI (eg. MyBigIgnite).

Of course, how optimally you want to play is entirely up to you.

Deleted

Very nice!

Couple of questions:

- What's the buff skin/addon
    - What's the bossframe skin/addon (also raid)
    - What's the dbm skin?

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Very nice!

Couple of questions:

- What's the buff skin/addon
    - What's the bossframe skin/addon (also raid)
    - What's the dbm skin?
    all 3 of those skins look to me like ElvUI with ElvUI SkinAddon (half bar skin)for DBM

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Here is my UI (work in progress)
    consists of:
    ElvUI
    KGPanels
    Stuf Unit Frames (player, target, target of target)
    Vuhdo
    Gnosis Castbars
    DBM
    Weakauras
    MSBT
    TotemTimers
    Skada

Bottom unit frame is player and top one is my target with target of target.
    *updated with my UI in a 5man*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post

*updated with my UI in a 5man*

-image-
    nice ui - looks quite clean

the player/target frames would so bug me that theyre slightly smaller than the action bar :P

I'm sorry that my post offended you.

That said, my point still stands. There is no way to see if pyro crit or not, so you have no idea if the ignite damage pool is small (from only a IB crit), or big (from chain pyro crits), meaning that you wont be able to use combustion efficiently.

I'm sure it wont be hard to add something to track ignite without changing the usability or style of the UI (eg. MyBigIgnite).

Of course, how optimally you want to play is entirely up to you.
    But there is? Cast Pyroblast -> if Heating Up animation appears, it was a critical strike. If not, it was not a critical strike. Judging by the amount of Heating Up and Pyroblast! procs you get, it's not difficult to judge how big your Ignite will be, along with your Combustion.
    Also Inferno Blast is not used unless you have a Heating Up proc already (or on multitarget in some cases, if you don't get Heating Up procs) so it will only be used for proccing Pyroblast!. You should not be getting Heating Up procs from Inferno Blast, so saying that I have no idea if my Ignite is going to be small due to an Inferno Blast (once the Heating Up animation appears) or large due to a Pyroblast crit (again, once the Heating Up animation appears) is incorrect - it will never happen.
    Anyway, this isn't a Mage discussion thread so I will keep my post on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Solo combat

OOC

Really like this UI. So sleek and simple! There isn't anything I would change really as all of the features seem to work well together. Also, playing on an almost square screen compliments this UI imo :P Everything is within eye-shot.
    However, I've played with UIs in the past that do not have a background to their chat, or even an outline on the font, and in some zones it can be very hard to read. That's pretty much the only thing I'd suggest improving on

Deleted

Hey, at least he's not saying your UI only looks good when nothing is going on, and is full of shit in raids. =(

That and UI's are build around playstyle, and there isn't just 1 way to know things in most cases.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really like this UI. So sleek and simple! There isn't anything I would change really as all of the features seem to work well together. Also, playing on an almost square screen compliments this UI imo :P Everything is within eye-shot.
    However, I've played with UIs in the past that do not have a background to their chat, or even an outline on the font, and in some zones it can be very hard to read. That's pretty much the only thing I'd suggest improving on
    Thanks I'll try a background on the chat and see how it looks.

Also I know your pain with the extra action button:
    For some reason I've been ignoring it an not moving it haha. Will move it when I can be bothered :')
    You can also disable it completely, and use a macro instead :P

And i have gotten my UI modified for my shadow priesty. Again, the black bar in the middle consist of 3 lines, lowest one is shadow orbs, then cooldown on mind blast and top is halopro (modified so it stays black except for the indicator)

...and still not alowed to post links *Pout*
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-27 at 04:25 PM.