Thread: Post Your UI

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my party frames to appear but for some reason they use all of my if statements for if f.mystyle == "raid" then instead of the party version.

As you can see the target/threat border is working with the size that I set for the party frames. I then have an if statement to increase the health size on raid bars but it's also affecting the party frames.
    Does anybody have an idea of where I'm going wrong? ):

http://pastebin.com/b0N5zhHC

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Finally got my party frames to appear but for some reason they use all of my if statements for if f.mystyle == "raid" then instead of the party version.

As you can see the target/threat border is working with the size that I set for the party frames. I then have an if statement to increase the health size on raid bars but it's also affecting the party frames.

I basicly just use the trial and error method to solve these kind of problems. I would start looking at the below portion of the code:

Code:
    "oUF-initialConfigFunction", ([[
                    self:SetWidth(%d)
                    self:SetHeight(%d)]]):format(230, 16))
    I believe this is the problem. Comment this one out and just put this for the party frames.
    Code:
    self:SetWidth(230)
    self:SetHeight(16)
    Requests by PM [closed] - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    P

Edit: looking for a new DPS/Healing meter, skada is a memory hog.
    Like other people mentioned, AlDamageMeter. It's pretty accurate, but it doesn't seem to record Vehicle damage (Amber-Shaper) nor healing on NPCs (Tsulong).

Now to me:

(Updated, link in sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Now to me:

(Updated, link in sig)
    Did you change your unitframes?

Edit: Changed dps meter to Tinydps, move some stuff around too, but anyone know how to get ride of the black line at the top of Tinydps (check screenshot) Tinydps.

Edit2: DrayUI - Made a few changes, only minor things. Will post raid shot tonight
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-07 at 03:48 PM.

I would love to know what font you are using, because i find it really good to read an nicely looking. Thanks!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distefano View Post
    I basicly just use the trial and error method to solve these kind of problems. I would start looking at the below portion of the code:
    I've tried a few things with that section but it either breaks or doesn't change the size. I have a few if statements for the party frames but none of them work as it doesn't recognize the frames as the party frames. I've gone wrong somewhere in naming/calling the party frames.

I had a feeling it was something to do with this code as I don't know the equivalent for the party frames but when I change raid to party it breaks again. *shrug*

Code:
    self.Health.PostUpdate = lib.PostUpdateRaidFrame
            self:RegisterEvent('PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED', lib.ChangedTarget)
            self:RegisterEvent('RAID_PARTY_UPDATE', lib.ChangedTarget)
            self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_THREAT_LIST_UPDATE", lib.UpdateThreat)
            self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE", lib.UpdateThreat)
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-01-07 at 04:00 PM.

Does qulight have any git? easier to check if we can see the main structure.

lib.PostUpdateRaidFrame
    Does he use any other healthupdates or is this one used for all units?

And what errors are you getting?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Does qulight have any git? easier to check if we can see the main structure.

Does he use any other healthupdates or is this one used for all units?

And what errors are you getting?
    As far as I am aware (doing a search through the code) it's only used twice and that is for the raid frame and then again when I copied it over when I made the party frames. Unfortunately there is no git, the only place I know to get the layout is at wowinterface.

I fixed the issue of the error with the setwidth/setheight, bad placed endbracket
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-01-07 at 05:01 PM.

It's really a shame that wow addon development didn't standardize on github -- life would be so much better for everyone.

Deleted

Big Thanks to Coldkil for his awesome UI.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-07 at 10:06 PM.

Just using TukUI with a few unseen addons such as a spell correct, DBM, and Battle Scroll Text.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-07 at 10:06 PM.

Idle Raid Shot.

Combat Raid Shot

Looking at these pics I can see things that need to be changed, xCT moved over to the right, boss frames growing down from under the minimap instead of up
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-07 at 11:38 PM. Reason: afterthought

People asked to see my UI while in action so here is a quick SS.

After many hours and the help of the people on the TukUI/ElvUI forums i got the mini map properly done as a rectangle (previously i had changed it via just editing the width but it made all markers on the map to not be in their right place) No I can not move the map up more(i know someone will make a comment about it), due to how it actually has to remain "square" it can't be moved up any further, it's just a "mask" that makes it look rectangle.

I'm pondering the idea of a different font, something non "pixel". I don't really have trouble reading it on my screen i just know non pixel ones are easier for quick glances, i just can't find anything thats nice and clean.

Also keep in mind that my UI is more based around healing(which is why the raid frames are where they are), even though in the screenshot I'm dpsing.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-07 at 11:52 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post

After many hours and the help of the people on the TukUI/ElvUI forums i got the mini map properly done as a rectangle (previously i had changed it via just editing the width but it made all markers on the map to not be in their right place) No I can not move the map up more(i know someone will make a comment about it), due to how it actually has to remain "square" it can't be moved up any further, it's just a "mask" that makes it look rectangle.

I'm pondering the idea of a different font, something non "pixel". I don't really have trouble reading it on my screen i just know non pixel ones are easier for quick glances, i just can't find anything thats nice and clean.

Also keep in mind that my UI is more based around healing(which is why the raid frames are where they are), even though in the screenshot I'm dpsing.
    You might try setting the mask to hide part of the bottom of the minimap, instead of the top? It'll let you move it up higher, and you can still place your texts and graphics over the masked-off portion of the bottom of the map, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post

Looks better in raids that idle, can see stuff in action which is nice, I really like the look off it, especially the rectangleness of everything.
    C&C my screens please!

Did you change your unitframes?
    I changed from SUF to oUF_Mlight in very early December. But I liked JSHB Energy bar so I disabled the oUF power bars for my previous release. Just recently disabled JSHB Energy bar for the oUF power bars.

Looks better in raids that idle, can see stuff in action which is nice, I really like the look off it, especially the rectangleness of everything.
    C&C my screens please!
    Things i noticed in your screens are the font size on your meter, unit frames(all of them, target, player, raid), castbars, small DBM or BigWig timers, times on your buffs are all too small and messes with how the letters even look. Example is all 2's and s's look like 9's, all lower case e's and a's and some others are messed up cause of this as well.

A lot of borders seem to be chopped off on some sides. Moving things around pixel by pixel can fix most of that (same goes for those few black lines that show up as 2px) I think this is either due to UI scale or you are using a multisample that is higher than x1.

Other than that not bad. Not a huge fan of the HP colors that change based on hp% but it's not my UI

*edit*
    Noticed font is a little wonky in the chat frame also.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    You might try setting the mask to hide part of the bottom of the minimap, instead of the top? It'll let you move it up higher, and you can still place your texts and graphics over the masked-off portion of the bottom of the map, perhaps?
    I'll try that but i don't think it works that way. It'll be less of a pain/editing to just adjust the chat frame and Skada upwards to match that spacing on the top for the bottom
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-08 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone know how to change raid frames on FreeUI healer layout from vertical to horizontal?

I really enjoy some aspects of your UI.

Could you give me a clue what buff addon, map addon, and chat addon you use? I've been looking into dropping ElvUI considering it's very clunky and causes me to get a lot of errors, and your map, chat, and buffs I really like.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    I really enjoy some aspects of your UI.

Could you give me a clue what buff addon, map addon, and chat addon you use? I've been looking into dropping ElvUI considering it's very clunky and causes me to get a lot of errors, and your map, chat, and buffs I really like.
    My buff addon is part of oUF. The base layout I use is oUF_Qulight but I've edited it for myself. The map addon is qMinimap and the chat addon is PhanxChat, all of which are available over at wowinterface.com