Thread: Post Your UI

Update on a few changes in my UI.

- Disabled PixelMode in ElvUI (mode that changes borders to black 1px) so now everything matches that same look i created from my unit and raid frames. (raid frames had to be highly edited after turning off PixelMode cause it had created additional borders around the health and power bars. So edited to once again look like it did in PixelMode.)

- Changed the height of my chat frame kgpanels to match exactly the height of my Skada.
    - Flame Shock duration and Unleash Elements cd Weakauras moved to inbetween player and target frames. Totem durations are above this. (replaces that portrait i used to have)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Changed that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 01:05 AM ----------

Someone posted a bit of LUA code to try to make a border work on my eclipse bar, it didnt seem to work, will have another look at it.
    Kgpanels is gonna be a bit "DafuQ" for me as I've never really used it before :P

It's as simple as making the parent frame the Eclipse bar.

Still not allowed to post links.. Heavily inspired by LED++.
    Please give some feedback. I'm trying to get rid of the threat from the unitframes.
    Omen only shows in combat and party. (Had that option off now though)

The UI at whole looks better on my other laptop with 1920x1080
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-15 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys!
    I've used ElvUI for a long time, but I finaly got bored of it, and decided to build a new UI.
    This is what I've gotten so far. Only thing I want to change at the moment are the raid frames, not really happy with these yet.

Please tell me what you think!

Not allowed to post images yet, anybody who can fix the image for me? Thnx!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-15 at 07:01 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    picture click

Still not allowed to post links.. Heavily inspired by LED++.
    Please give some feedback. I'm trying to get rid of the threat from the unitframes.
    Omen only shows in combat and party. (Had that option off now though)

The UI at whole looks better on my other laptop with 1920x1080
    Looks good! It's a good LED inspired UI. That pixel font is one of the few I like and it fits in well. You just need to sort out your chatbox chat spacing and your omen texture/font placement. I'd also perhaps implement the EXP bar somewhere else. Seems a little out of place dumped at the top of the UI!

Just thought I'd add mine with actionbars. Nothing major just added them at the bottom!

Last edited by Hulari; 2013-01-15 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Looks good! It's a good LED inspired UI. That pixel font is one of the few I like and it fits in well. You just need to sort out your chatbox chat spacing and your omen texture/font placement. I'd also perhaps implement the EXP bar somewhere else. Seems a little out of place dumped at the top of the UI!

Just thought I'd add mine with actionbars. Nothing major just added them at the bottom!
    Exp bar is just there for the time being...
    I'll have a look at the omen font and texture displacement.
    The fontspacing is a weird weird weird issue.

Code:
     chat:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMediaAdditionalFonts\\fonts\\font.ttf", 8, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
     chat:SetSpacing(3)
     chat:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    ElvUI places different channels under different objects. (My guess) Which makes the spacing easy for one object but spacing different channels is... Weird..
    Last edited by saami; 2013-01-15 at 11:40 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So do you literally take everything out of the screen then start to add only what you need whening making these UIs or what? I would love to create a nice looking UI like some of these that are very minimal, but I just get lost in all of it and end up giving up and just going with a premade comp like ElvUI or something.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    So do you literally take everything out of the screen then start to add only what you need whening making these UIs or what? I would love to create a nice looking UI like some of these that are very minimal, but I just get lost in all of it and end up giving up and just going with a premade comp like ElvUI or something.
    Mine and some others around here are purly ElvUI.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that saami. I'm talking about people like carebear, LED, etc.

Personally, no. my UI is the product of many years of doing small changes a couple times a week, adding new addons to take care of a part of the default UI I don't like on the way.
    Then a major overhaul once a year or whenever I find out I just don't like how it has turned out in the long run.

What one person hides might be something the next person can't live without. I don't think most of these "nice looking UI's" you're talking about came to life within one day. Nothing is perfect, there's always something you want to change.

Hey!
    Was wondering if you'd be able to send me your chat addon, and the changes you made to increase the line spacing and monochrome outline!
    Cheers!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    I don't think most of these "nice looking UI's" you're talking about came to life within one day. Nothing is perfect, there's always something you want to change.
    Pretty much this. Just take a look at the link in my signature and you'll see just a handful of my screenshots I've found since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Hey!
    Was wondering if you'd be able to send me your chat addon, and the changes you made to increase the line spacing and monochrome outline!
    Cheers!
    I won't be able to give you the chat addon but you can download it yourself. It's PhanxChat from wowinterface. Then all you'll need to do is copy this bit of code anywhere in the core.lua file inside PhanxChat.

Code:
    ChatFrame1:SetSpacing(3)
    ChatFrame1:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    ChatFrame2:SetSpacing(3)
    ChatFrame2:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    ChatFrame3:SetSpacing(3)
    ChatFrame3:SetShadowOffset(0,0)

That will create spacing for the first 3 chat boxes you have on screen. If you want that many.

Pretty much this. Just take a look at the link in my signature and you'll see just a handful of my screenshots I've found since Wrath.

I won't be able to give you the chat addon but you can download it yourself. It's PhanxChat from wowinterface. Then all you'll need to do is copy this bit of code anywhere in the core.lua file inside PhanxChat.

Code:
    ChatFrame1:SetSpacing(3)
    ChatFrame1:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    ChatFrame2:SetSpacing(3)
    ChatFrame2:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    ChatFrame3:SetSpacing(3)
    ChatFrame3:SetShadowOffset(0,0)

That will create spacing for the first 3 chat boxes you have on screen. If you want that many.
    Perfect, thank you very much.
    Last edited by solvexx; 2013-01-15 at 01:23 PM.

I know that saami. I'm talking about people like carebear, LED, etc.
    That's what I do. Whenever I want to start my UI from scratch, I just get rid of every single addon. Then I install addons 1 by 1. Make sure you completely configure your addon before moving on, or else you'll be overwhelmed quickly.

When you're done with configuring your addons, then just start getting SharedMedia etc and use the same or similar fonts throughout your UI and at the very end, if needed, get KgPanels.

Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Personally, no. my UI is the product of many years of doing small changes a couple times a week, adding new addons to take care of a part of the default UI I don't like on the way.
    Then a major overhaul once a year or whenever I find out I just don't like how it has turned out in the long run.

What one person hides might be something the next person can't live without. I don't think most of these "nice looking UI's" you're talking about came to life within one day. Nothing is perfect, there's always something you want to change.
    Yeah, may take a day to setup most stuff, but you find yourself tweaking here and there for weeks.
    Perfection is definitely not an easy thing to obtain in my UI at least

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 01:41 PM ----------

Looking really nice.
    However, I'm not so fussed on the visible bars, 3 seems a bit much, so used to your UI's not having any bars.
    Change alpha in/out of combat? :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    That's what I do. Whenever I want to start my UI from scratch, I just get rid of every single addon. Then I install addons 1 by 1. Make sure you completely configure your addon before moving on, or else you'll be overwhelmed quickly.

When you're done with configuring your addons, then just start getting SharedMedia etc and use the same or similar fonts throughout your UI and at the very end, if needed, get KgPanels.
    No, I mean getting rid of everything on screen to where there's absolutely nothing to see period in combat or not. Writing from scratch I guess then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Any chance to download your UI? Could need it for my shaman, its so clean and nice.
    Sorry i'm using different UI now, but still have interface and WTF back up for my old UI. If you want to use it you need to change profile by your self

No, I mean getting rid of everything on screen to where there's absolutely nothing to see period in combat or not. Writing from scratch I guess then.
    You want to remove everything from the screen, then configure/build your UI?

If I understand you correctly, then that shouldn't be too difficult.
    Install the main addons you would like to use (Bartender, Shadowed UF and a minimap addon for example), then simply configure these addons to never show anything but also hide the blizzard frames.

Basically, replace every blizzard frame with an addon, set the addon to "hide" and then start configuring your UI. I've never tried that method but it sounds interesting.

EDIT: or just get an addon that will hide blizzard frames automatically, and go from there.

But personally, I would simply go with process of elimination by starting out with the default UI and replacing every component.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you say you get "lost" when you try make a minimal UI, I totally understand that feeling. I think if you go out and try to deliberately make a UI that is minimal and nothing else, you're gonna have a bad time. When I was making my own UI, which in my opinion is pretty minimalist, I know that my goal wasn't to make it minimalist. My goal was to make a functional UI that showed me only the information I needed to see in a nice, readable format. The minimalism just sort of came after that. I would worry more about layout and what raw information is being shown first, then worry about making it "minimalist". I'd much rather have a UI that gave me exactly what I needed than one that gave me too little or even too much.

So do you literally take everything out of the screen then start to add only what you need whening making these UIs or what?
    I like sketching my larger UI projects by hand before I start, but maybe that's just me.

Otherwise; yes. Literary remove everything on your screen, and add back each element by element.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Made a couple of suggested changes.

Raid Combat
    Adding on to what's been said.

Target buffs/debuffs need to be moved higher, they're clipping the border. Same with the debuffs on your player frame. Minimap font size is wrong. Eclipse bar needs a border, can be done with KGpanels fairly easily.
    You'd strike more consistency by also adding a 1-pixel border to your Damage Meter, and fixing a proper border to your Minimap. (The current seem awfully blurry. Probably due to poor scaling).

Also pull up your Eclipse Bar so that it's aligned halfway between the Starsurge icon and Celestial Alignment.

And there's over-lapping text on your Boss frame.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2013-01-15 at 07:05 PM.