Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I'd change the texture on your Omen bars to match the rest of your UI. Also, if you're comfortable with your keybinds you could hide them for a cleaner look.
    I agree with OriginalVocal. Perhaps changing the actionbars to only show on mouseover. Also widen your player castbar to match the actionbars width.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to get the castbar to match the width of the actionbars. There's still a 1px area on either the left or right and it I put that 1px in there it's 1px over so I don't know what the deal with that is.

I need to figure out the whole weakaura dynamic grouping so I can maybe get it to replace my actionbars and all.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-01-16 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I've tried to get the castbar to match the width of the actionbars. There's still a 1px area on either the left or right and it I put that 1px in there it's 1px over so I don't know what the deal with that is.

I need to figure out the whole weakaura dynamic grouping so I can maybe get it to replace my actionbars and all.
    For the Weakauras thing you can try out Affinitii's Weakauras settings and just change/add the spells to what you need. It's for healing but it does mostly what you want. Shows the abilities ready and moves them around adjusting when they go on cd and sorts based on time of the cd.

It will be a bit tricky to add his setup without mucking yours up. To do this back up your characters Weakauras saved variables. Then copy over Affinitii's, launch wow, export and copy the monk aura group. Close wow replace Affinitii's Weakaura saved variables and put back your original saved variables. Open wow and import and paste in the export of Affinitii's monk group. Then just make the appropriate adjustments to the spells.

You can download Affinitii's UI on WoWInterface and you just need his Weakauras saved variables.

Whats the addon for the bar that shows all the stats that everyone has? I can't seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I don't like the faders to be honest. Three is too many bars for me. I usually play with 1 or 2 depending on my class. I only had all of them visible to show where they were ^^.

Show us a screenshot!
    So guys, which one do you like more? The meter with solid background or the one with transparency?

Still can't post links :/.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-17 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanek View Post
    Sorry i'm using different UI now, but still have interface and WTF back up for my old UI. If you want to use it you need to change profile by your self
    Would be nice if you can upload it for me and send it via PM or here in this thread (if others are interested aswell).

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    So guys, which one do you like more? The meter with solid background or the one with transparency?

abload.de/img/screenshot2013-01-17a54jgq.png

Personally I like the transparent ones better. In the end however, you are the one staring at it all day so you should run with what you prefer.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:42 AM ----------

After having tinkered for sometime now here is what I ended up with. Any tips on how to improve would be greatly appreciated. One can become blind when one has been staring at things for too long.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still trying to get mine just right. I think I remembered to change the swing/energy bar and castbar to the same texture. Keyword there being "i think", I'm forgetful.

http://min.us/lbhmoFKn4CjwUH

New Version: http://min.us/lDDxUsdNVggDl

I'm going to change the actionbars to mouseover for right now until I get a good weakauras bar for it. And anyone know how I can get spells that require chi to activate properly? I want blackout kick, breath of fire, etc to act like the spells with cooldowns do and move left to right when I use them and I can't figure out what to set in weakauras to do that.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-01-17 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Anyone know how I could get a dynamic weakauras group above the actionbars to where I could have it swap depending on what skills I'd want to use? Say if Shuffle is about to fall off have it display Blackout Kick if I have 2 chi, etc. Or else display the skill on the left side has they come off cooldown and all that. If I could get something like that made in weakauras I could probably hide my actionbars finally.
    I did a priority list with weak aura for my enhancement shaman. Just adds your spells in priority order in a dynamic group, while using as many triggers as you have conditions (for example action available + less than 3 seconds remaining, etc.). On screen it'll show all the actions you must do in the order you have to do it. You can also add icons for when the action will become available soon, but then you'll need 2 different auras (1 for cooldown less than xx seconds and 1 for action available)
    I don't know the monk priority list but if you want I can send you my enhance dynamic group.

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post

Minimap and buffs are a little on the large side from my PoV
    Other than that, not bad at all.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanthet View Post
    Personally I like the transparent ones better. In the end however, you are the one staring at it all day so you should run with what you prefer.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:42 AM ----------

After having tinkered for sometime now here is what I ended up with. Any tips on how to improve would be greatly appreciated. One can become blind when one has been staring at things for too long.

Shoutout to a fellow EU Anachronos player!!!
    Tell Janz hes a n00b :P
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-17 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    Ignore text on unit frames, stil lcant get it to look right. I changed the number of visible action bars from 3 down to 1, added the bottom panel on ElvUI for style points and I edited the chat!

Last edited by mmoc53321d8500; 2013-01-17 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Ignore text on unit frames, stil lcant get it to look right. I changed the number of visible action bars from 3 down to 1, added the bottom panel on ElvUI for style points and I edited the chat!
    Using the same font on your Unitframes and your Buff duration would help you improve their look. But I believe the main issue is that you're using dark text colour on dark frames. Makes it hard to read, and look dull.

Try creating a colour scheme.

Other than that, there are small adjustments to be made.

Minimap should be moved one pixel to the left. The 'Well Fed'-bars should be Horizontally aligned. And I'd move the Action Bar up one pixel.

Deleted
    Played around with a few of the texts, not sure on Smooth as a texture yet.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-17 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Played around with a few of the texts, not sure on Smooth as a texture yet.

Stop slacking in raids Mutix...:P
    Used to raid with Jaydee before he moved to Draenor

Deleted
    Ahahaha Jay just told me over vent! He slacks!

Deleted
    Back on topic please, folks.

Deleted
    Sorry Tree! Used to going off topic in rogue forums! So anything I can change about my UI to make it my synergised?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Sorry Tree! Used to going off topic in rogue forums! So anything I can change about my UI to make it my synergised?
    Remove Omen, pretty useless nowadays with threat on tanks buffed so much since late ICC when vengeance and 500% modifiers. Your actionbars are way offcenter and is it really neccecary to show 35 debuffs on your target?

Omen is not worthless. I'm raiding with actually good players and we still occasionally run into threat issues. Just make the omen only show the % of the max threat and max. 3 players. You don't need more info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Omen is not worthless. I'm raiding with actually good players and we still occasionally run into threat issues. Just make the omen only show the % of the max threat and max. 3 players. You don't need more info on it.
    Actually yeah it really is. The ONLY way anyone can pull threat now is if you popped all your CDs right on the pull and went all out before a tank hits the mob, or the tank goes AFK mid fight to go make a sandwich. Nameplates are way more than enough to gauge threat on things like trash packs. So really there isn't a need for another addon telling you something nameplates already tell you. On top of this WoW displays warnings that you're gaining/losing aggro why have a meter for it to tell you what you already know.

I don't see any benefit to knowing you're 236.74629k behind the tank in threat and is just wasted memory and CPU cycles IMO.

Anyways I still stand by that. He wanted ideas to clean his UI and for me getting rid of multiple displays of the same thing is a quick and easy way to lessen clutter.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-17 at 09:53 PM.