Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    So after 2 expansions, after countless UI ideas, and some heavy thinking, I think I finally crafted a UI I can really call "My UI". I really grew away from my Dicate-Influenced VxtUI that I put on WoWInterface, and made most of my UI's available to friends and PM requests. But at the end of the day I never really had one that I was totally satisfied with. Until now. Below is a screen of what I have crafted, and I am 100% happy with it. Actionbars will be visible, but when I use it, all actionbars are hidden, as I use WeakAuras for just about everything that requires tracking. Anyways, enjoy, and I may upload this Ui for everyone to use, as I will be maintaining it.

[IMG]http://u.cubeupload.com/Vxt1337/t/07.png[IMG]
    Damn, looks good. Player and target health bars are too tall for my liking though. 3/4ths the height and it'll be good.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Why? It looks so much better imo.
    Because it's a massive change from normal fonts, and a step that needs to be decided on personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    So after 2 expansions, after countless UI ideas, and some heavy thinking, I think I finally crafted a UI I can really call "My UI". I really grew away from my Dicate-Influenced VxtUI that I put on WoWInterface, and made most of my UI's available to friends and PM requests. But at the end of the day I never really had one that I was totally satisfied with. Until now. Below is a screen of what I have crafted, and I am 100% happy with it. Actionbars will be visible, but when I use it, all actionbars are hidden, as I use WeakAuras for just about everything that requires tracking. Anyways, enjoy, and I may upload this Ui for everyone to use, as I will be maintaining it.

Way to big unitframes imo, half the size and a bit longer would look better.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how I can get spells that require chi to activate properly? I want blackout kick, breath of fire, etc to act like the spells with cooldowns do and move left to right when I use them and I can't figure out what to set in weakauras to do that.

Dummy UI Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4bSOEZFw0

The white number below my player frame is for elusive brew stacks, I don't know if I should have it there or just go with the icon above shuffle if I can get it to go away when I actually use it since it's in the bar above the player frame as well and I just need to see how many charges I have on it.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-01-19 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You're raiding with actual bad players if threat is ever a problem. Sorry.
    When I pop all of my cooldowns (as a moonkin) and the first cast finishes (not even lands) when our pull timer hits 0, I sometimes pull aggro. I also sometimes pull aggro after an add spawns and I've had good burst on it. This is usually countered by salvation but sometimes due to personal failiure (which always is going to be happening), it's not enough. Most notably on heroic Un'sok where the tank is running when we pull and I don't wait.

Oh, and the "actual bad players" have better world rank than you do. Hell, our tank recently even was in the rank 1 guild around before joining ours.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Actually yeah it really is. The ONLY way anyone can pull threat now is if you popped all your CDs right on the pull and went all out before a tank hits the mob, or the tank goes AFK mid fight to go make a sandwich. Nameplates are way more than enough to gauge threat on things like trash packs. So really there isn't a need for another addon telling you something nameplates already tell you. On top of this WoW displays warnings that you're gaining/losing aggro why have a meter for it to tell you what you already know.

I don't see any benefit to knowing you're 236.74629k behind the tank in threat and is just wasted memory and CPU cycles IMO.

Anyways I still stand by that. He wanted ideas to clean his UI and for me getting rid of multiple displays of the same thing is a quick and easy way to lessen clutter.
    The omen can still be shown in a very minimalistic way. I don't see any issues with it when it takes less than 1% of my screen. (http://i.imgur.com/opVRT.jpg for reference, bottom right corner, still takes a bit too much space due to my slackiness).

I guess you just don't burst too much when you pull bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    When I pop all of my cooldowns (as a moonkin) and the first cast finishes (not even lands) when our pull timer hits 0, I sometimes pull aggro. I also sometimes pull aggro after an add spawns and I've had good burst on it. This is usually countered by salvation but sometimes due to personal failiure (which always is going to be happening), it's not enough. Most notably on heroic Un'sok where the tank is running when we pull and I don't wait.

Oh, and the "actual bad players" have better world rank than you do. Hell, our tank recently even was in the rank 1 guild around before joining ours.

The omen can still be shown in a very minimalistic way. I don't see any issues with it when it takes less than 1% of my screen. (http://i.imgur.com/opVRT.jpg for reference, bottom right corner, still takes a bit too much space due to my slackiness).

I have the same issues with threat on pull (moonkin here too) Using skada as threat just for first 30sec so I dont get punched in the face by the boss.
    Omen, seems a bit of a waste when you can use a dps meter to do the same thing.

Deleted
    Not too long ago ; http://i.minus.com/iKEnpCSVvxD7l.jpg
    Trying something different, inspired by you-know-who (perhaps?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    Unit-frames are off center?

My mainspec is resto so no I do not burst too much on the pull.

It's still pointless to have. Since you just told us 2 examples of when you can pull threat, is having Omen really goog to stop you from mashing your buttons and pull. I highly doubt it. Besides Blizzard default warnings on the screen would let you know you're about to gain aggro long before you would even notice on Omen.

You also admitted to not waiting a sec for the tank to run in. Maybe not dpsing like an asshole and let your tanks hit the boss or add first. >_<

Every example you gave are 100% your fault and Omen can't fix that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    On top of the previous comment of the off set unit frames you're not showing us much. Maybe post a combat shot, so we can see it in action.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-19 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted

You realize that in all the scenarios you listed Omen wouldn't help, right? Or do you actually stop casting if you overaggro at start?

You said that you raided with actual good players and because of that overaggro happens yet everything you listed is because of personal failures.

And when did world rank ever determine how good a player is? There are plenty of people in top guilds that are horrible.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-01-19 at 08:18 PM.

My point was that with omen I can actually check how much threat I'm doing and then loosen DPS if needed. Blizzard's default threat tracking wasn't working the last time I checked (in cata or even wrath, a long time ago nevertheless) and I find starting my DPS immediately and maybe pulling aggro more productive than standing idle for a second or two.

bOOURNS, "dpsing like an asshole." Where does all this hate sprout from? Thanks a lot...

Ariadne, ok. 1) I agree that omen wouldn't have helped in the add example but on pull? Most definitely it will. And in case of overaggro, I don't stop casting. I slow my DPS down. And if you didn't notice, the boss example was Un'sok, where our tank runs with the boss trying to follow him. He doesn't get all of the hits through while I do.

2) World rank doesn't determine player skill. I'd still say it gives a good estimate, especially as I play in a 10 man guild, where one player makes a bigger difference than in a 25 man guild.

PS. Sorry, I didn't really understand what your 2nd paragraph meant.

On topic: Any ideas to improve my UI? Besides removing Omen?

My point was that with omen I can actually check how much threat I'm doing and then loosen DPS if needed. Blizzard's default threat tracking wasn't working the last time I checked (in cata or even wrath, a long time ago nevertheless) and I find starting my DPS immediately and maybe pulling aggro more productive than standing idle for a second or two.

bOOURNS, "dpsing like an asshole." Where does all this hate sprout from? Thanks a lot...

Ariadne, ok. 1) I agree that omen wouldn't have helped in the add example but on pull? Most definitely it will. And in case of overaggro, I don't stop casting. I slow my DPS down. And if you didn't notice, the boss example was Un'sok, where our tank runs with the boss trying to follow him. He doesn't get all of the hits through while I do.

2) World rank doesn't determine player skill. I'd still say it gives a good estimate, especially as I play in a 10 man guild, where one player makes a bigger difference than in a 25 man guild.

First off its not hate. When I said "dpsing like an asshole" it means dpsing too aggressive before your tank has done anything. (which is purely the fault of the dpser) It is not in anyway calling you an asshole. Sorry for any confusion.

As far as your UI maybe add a icon pack to have all the icons skinned similarly. Half your icons have a skin while the other half are default. Also your castbar is too short on the left side compared to the raid frames.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Sorry Tree! Used to going off topic in rogue forums! So anything I can change about my UI to make it my synergised?
    Remove Omen, pretty useless nowadays with threat on tanks buffed so much since late ICC when vengeance and 500% modifiers. Your actionbars are way offcenter and is it really neccecary to show 35 debuffs on your target?
    Also, you could remove the bagbar and set the microbar to mouse/over or just low-alpha in general and reposition it. Consider making it 1 row or 1 column and have it on the edge on the screen somewhere.

Other than that, maybe try to align your addons. Your boss-unit frame could be resized to look similar to the DBM (?) bars and overall your Unitframes could be thinner while keeping the width.

That's just personal preference though.

Deleted

Why wouldn't your tank just taunt if you overaggro on pull instead of you "slowing" DPS down (still don't know how you slow DPS down without stop casting).

My second paragraph:

You said that overaggro happens because you play with actual good players. That would imply that these players who are good are doing something more than normal players to get overaggro. But when you later gave examples, all of the examples were examples of bad play and had nothing to do with being good.

Regarding your UI: Do you like having the cast bar so far down? Where do you track your cooldowns? Is it the actionbar at the bottom?

Hi. Gimme things I can/should change please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

Looks pretty damn good. I'm not a fan of the outline on the scrolling damage text though

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/Urn5PPR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cUDFeFN.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    Looks pretty damn good. I'm not a fan of the outline on the scrolling damage text though
    I don't see anything wrong with the outline on the scrolling damage text.

I don't understand why you don't have an outline on your chat font. (Chat doesn't have a background, whereas a lot of the fonts that you are using WITH outlines do have backgrounds. You'd think that chat would need an outline more if anything...)
    Also, adding an outline to the fonts on your damage meter and boss mods would possibly make them "fit in" better.
    I understand that the texture on the unitframes is to add some spice to the UI but it just doesn't match the damage meter or the boss mods :\ it looks quite clunky in my eyes.
    The shadows around the buffs in the top right and the actionbar beneath your player frame need reducing by around 50%. They look huge compared to the shadows on the unitframes and tooltip. Also the shadows on the actionbar need to be made darker. They're not as intense as the rest.
    I'm not sure how easy it would be to do as I've never really put much work into altering borders of AddOns, but maybe adding a shadowed border to the minimap and damage meter would make them both look super awesome!

Just my 2c. Hope I was of some help
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-01-20 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Format

I have a quick question to anyone that can answer. I am using Pitbull 4 and I want to remove my name but keep the name of my target. I am not great with lua so I am unable to write anything to be able to do this. Can anyone help me with this?

Deleted
    Hey I've been working on a new UI since I was bored with my old one recently. It probably doesn't look as nice but I wanted to try out a different placement of UI elements. I am not happy with this at the moment and have a lot to change before its ever finished. What's your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by ZealousSpartan View Post
    I have a quick question to anyone that can answer. I am using Pitbull 4 and I want to remove my name but keep the name of my target. I am not great with lua so I am unable to write anything to be able to do this. Can anyone help me with this?
    This isn't the proper thread for addon troubleshooting. That being said I suggest you take a better look in the settings, more specifically player unit settings and it wouldn't be hard to figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Hey I've been working on a new UI since I was bored with my old one recently. It probably doesn't look as nice but I wanted to try out a different placement of UI elements. I am not happy with this at the moment and have a lot to change before its ever finished. What's your opinion?

Looks pretty good. I suggest maybe changing the chat background to something more transparent, 40-50%. Same for whatever that right black frame. If that is your meters and its done with kgpanels parent it to it so it hides when you hide the meters. Just looks odd to have a giant black frame with nothing in it for no reason.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-20 at 01:49 AM.