Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    I dare not challenge the UI wisdom of some of the great names here, but i do have an opinion. I usually heal with something like grid and clique, so i'm pretty much always looking at my raidframes. I find it easier to have squares in the corners for every spell i track, when they are expiring i have them change color to a brighter version. (total 3 steps/levels). I find squares a lot less demanding than a bunch of numbers i need to process.

Currently i'm trying to replicate this with grid2 because i want transparency for the health and classcolor for the deficit (which i'm still trying and failing to do)
    So...no timers at all but instead a simple square/symbol that changes color at a determined duration like < 2 secs?

Could give it a try, but an actual timer is much easier to manage and can bring additional info imho. Worth a try nontheless. Thanks for feedback.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Its hard to get that done with Grid 2; you need to do some .lua editing. It can be done easy with vuhdo. Hoewer here is a link where i discused with a guy that done that (transparent healt on grid2) => http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/xzim-ui-v2 In the end i still kept vuhdo, grid 2 didnt mange to give me all options i was looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Sure, Sadly the border it is useing is made from the 1px border edit from STUF so.. the borders wont be there on some aspects
    I dont mind, ill try to fix the borders myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    If it's similar to the code like I have in my UI, the stacks are color coded (red = 1, yellow = 2, green = 3).
    Ah, I see. Very sleek indeed.

Other questions since my work in timers is nearly finished and i want to do some other tweaks.

- Name/HP: atm the name is in center and changes to missing hp (like -20k3); would it more useful to have the name always displayed (like on bottom) and the hp on top/center of the frame? Also, better to have the number or a % (some boss mechanics favor percentages afaik).

- Incoming heals: are they useful or not? Making them wouldn't be that hard honestly, but it's something i'm not completely sure if it's useful or just clunky and redundant.

@drglenn: yes it works like in QuseUI, didn't find a better idea to come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Other questions since my work in timers is nearly finished and i want to do some other tweaks.

- Name/HP: atm the name is in center and changes to missing hp (like -20k3); would it more useful to have the name always displayed (like on bottom) and the hp on top/center of the frame? Also, better to have the number or a % (some boss mechanics favor percentages afaik).

- Incoming heals: are they useful or not? Making them wouldn't be that hard honestly, but it's something i'm not completely sure if it's useful or just clunky and redundant.

@drglenn: yes it works like in QuseUI, didn't find a better idea to come out with.
    Name should apear especially if you do lfr or 25men. It may happen that a person has to do some specific tasks like a mage kiting. How do you spot that mage in a 25men raid if there are 5more of them? Ofc you can keep focus etc. Also if you are in a raidleading position you can see who fails for bonus blames:P

% or HP deficit in numbers This depends on healing style. Usually if you know your class well and exact healing output a spell has (in numbers) HP deficit in numbers can help. You see what amount you need and can act fast with the spell that can fill that up. However considering the hectic in nowadays raids you wont realy have time to do basic mats so %hp should be enough.

Incoming heals are usefull so you dont do that much of overheal/manawaste

@Deemaxm thanks for that link, i tried the files and found somewhat the same config as i already achieved with standard grid2 config editing in game, expect for the transparent background on health-deficit. Sadly in that example the health-deficit is still not class colored in that profile. Guess i need to try Vuhdo or (for the challenge sake) edit grid lua.

@Coldkil exactly that is what i meant, i had rejuv, regrowth and wild growth in the corners and lifebloom stacks in the center, replacing the name. I have never found the %Hp or HP missing a useful thing to see. The name and incoming heals however are very usefull what i'm concerned.
    Last edited by Aves; 2013-01-29 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Thanks again; i think i'm going with an option to choose between hp and % so eveyone will be pleased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I changed my oUF layout but the health/power texts are weird and are "Tags" and I have no clue how to change those, currently using the Tag that only shows Health % instead of the other two tags that show either Health Deficit or Health/Health%/Power. I brought back the JSHB Focus Bar but the texture is being a b1*** and won't let me match with the Unit Frames. Trying to figure out how to rid the shadow as well.

I changed from oUF Mlight to oUF Skaarj.
    Gorgeous. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...169-BlkUI.html

You have to manually switch the profile on Sexymap, but everything else should work fine. Working out a few kinks, but should be easy to work with. 1920x1080 is the resolution, so if yours isn't, you may have to move the chatbox and such around a little.
    Thanks!

Messed something with my priest - here's the results.

I must say that hp% is way better than missinghp. Anyway i added the option to disable hp text totally. Just wondering if the new format is looking good with vertical bars, i assume that now if it would be better with standard horizontal ones.

I don't like the # symbol. Have you tried a + symbol? The # symbol at that point size looks like a fuzzy blob.

The # is a placeholder, i could use a symbolfont just in case, but i didn't want to ad a font just for that. Trying with a + anyway, should look better.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think I finally got it to where I want everything. Now I just need to find textures/fonts/etc that I like which I think is harder imo.

And I'm just not liking my weakauras there, any ideas on those?

OOC:

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-29 at 07:18 PM.

I must say that hp% is way better than missinghp. Anyway i added the option to disable hp text totally. Just wondering if the new format is looking good with vertical bars, i assume that now if it would be better with standard horizontal ones.
    Here is my shot at utilizing healing frames:

While done with Grid, the layout can be adapted in ouf (what I plan to do Soon(tm)).
    The basic concept is to have the class defining HoT or spell on the lower half.
    For my disc priest it's PW:S amount left layered with the duration of the weakened soul debuff if no shield is left.
    For monks it's Renewing Mists duration, druids Life Bloom duration (no stack coloring yet or could color as a refresh notice sub 3(?) sec), shaman Riptide duration, not sure what I put there on my paladin - haven't played him in a while.

Updated stuff

Have a weird gap in my cast bar between the texture and the edgefile. No clue what I'm doing there.

I feel like I need a new place for my duration things that are above my cast bar.

I personally would switch the Weakened Soul indicator to a timer because knowing WHEN you can shield the person the next time is more important than for example knowing the exact number of stacks your PoM has on anyone in the raid. So you could use the +" there.
    Last edited by Stanzilla; 2013-01-30 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Updated stuff

Have a weird gap in my cast bar between the texture and the edgefile. No clue what I'm doing there.

I feel like I need a new place for my duration things that are above my cast bar.
    I found at least 20 places where you have the border missing on a side of something, and spots where your borders are 2px thick instead of 1 (2nd column right side and 2nd row bottom side of the huge block of buffs not sure which frame they are for.)

As for the gap in the castbars looks like you have the bg texture inset too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ui and im proud of it
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-30 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I found at least 20 places where you have the border missing on a side of something, and spots where your borders are 2px thick instead of 1 (2nd column right side and 2nd row bottom side of the huge block of buffs not sure which frame they are for.)

As for the gap in the castbars looks like you have the bg texture inset too much.
    On the cast bar there's a framebd.inset and it does it for everything it seems. I just figured out how to change it up, working on it.

DBM is dumb with borders, I'll try to change something to see it it fixes anything. I tried using !dbm but the SetFont really doesn't want to change, although everything else works.

Things at certain heights cause things to make the border 2x, like with the focus-buffs which I actually don't really need to know after you pointed those out.