Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Had a few people ask me what does the UI look like with all the bars enabled so took a screenshot with them all up.

higher quality screenshot.

I've now changed my bar texture from the plain texture I've had for a while. Saw a texture Drayarr was using and he said it's from ElvUI so I grabbed it. Made my castbars bigger for playing a caster too.

Unsure on pet placement as well as dps meter, as usual! Thinking of giving in and making the minimap bigger and then putting it under the minimap. *shrug*

higher quality screenshot!
    Seriously, how can you people perform with such tiny actionbars? How the F do you track your abilties o.o
    Seems most UIs have tiny ass actionbars. I could honestly not bear playing with such a miniscule UI.

This is my UI: http://i.imgur.com/BKa23S8.jpg

It's an old screeny, removed BGtargets and cleaned up the quest log.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-04-16 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Snip.
    Sorry but that UI makes my eyes bleed. Few points;

1. UI scale. Do you really have to have it zoomed in so much?
    2. Why have 2 sets of raid frames enabled? Why not hide Blizzards default and move the others to that position.
    3. Damage meter looks ugly and scaled awkwardly. Skada looks a lot more pleasing on the eyes and can have it faded out of combat.

I used 85% default myself but there's ways to make it much more attractive and helpful to play with.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Seriously, how can you people perform with such tiny actionbars? How the F do you track your abilties o.o
    I actually play with 1, maybe 2 actionbars at the most. Sometimes even 0. You get a general idea of when to use your abilities after playing for years. You can also use other addons to track abilities.

WoW isn't hard, at all. A UI is designed around the player that designs it. What works for some may not work for others and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I actually play with 1, maybe 2 actionbars at the most. Sometimes even 0. You get a general idea of when to use your abilities after playing for years. You can also use other addons to track abilities.

WoW isn't hard, at all. A UI is designed around the player that designs it. What works for some may not work for others and vice versa.
    I use actionbars to track cooldowns since i hate having auras on the screen apart the buffs i need to track. I could easily use only one actionbar visible^^ just i like mah buttons
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted

Basicly what it looks like in raid, though I'm not showing specifik boss-auras through weakauras atm.

I dislike having actionbars visible,

but what I really hate is having to go into some addon config or LuA just to make the bar visible so I can change some ability that I just specced into.

Yes you can make bars visible on mouse over or what not, but then doesn't that defeat one of the primary reasons of hiding the action bars in the 1st place? i.e. screen real estate, if the bar is still there just hidden, you can't really put other UI elements over the top of it.
    Last edited by Zol; 2013-04-16 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post

but what I really hate is having to go into some addon config or LuA just to make the bar visible so I can change some ability that I just specced into.

Yes you can make bars visible on mouse over or what not, but then doesn't that defeat one of the primary reasons of hiding the action bars in the 1st place? i.e. screen real estate, if the bar is still there just hidden, you can't really put other UI elements over the top of it.
    I had this problem with changing talents, finally got fed up and had it mouseover. But it overlapped with my quest tracker and couldn't use quest items. Had to move the quest tracker over a bit. (the vertical action bars)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post

I had this problem too but I created a button that only shows up if I hold a modifier key such as Control only while out of combat which showed a button. When Ii pressed the button it showed my action bars and then pressed again would hide them. The buttons were still useable and did not show up on mouse over so it was exactly what I needed

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I use actionbars to track cooldowns since i hate having auras on the screen apart the buffs i need to track. I could easily use only one actionbar visible^^ just i like mah buttons
    Why not use an addon which adds icons for the skills you have on cooldown, like this? I think Chill might still work despite not having been updated in a while. (although the one in that pic is gxCooldowns, but I think it's been broken since 4.1 and Chill is very similar to it)

Speaking of Quenios' old UI, I forgot I had made my own version of it last expansion when messing around with UI ideas. So last night I sat down and updated it and switched some older addons out with ones I use now. Here's the result!

Screenshot: http://u.cubeupload.com/Vxt1337/ebd01.png
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Finally remembered to get a raid shot.

Question, So many people use ELV UI as a base UI but theirs looks completely different from the default ( Cannot stand default ) but some of the custom ones are nice. Is it really that easy to change it up a lot? Or no... anyone???

Well, you can mess with lua and do a lot of things - also Elv is heavily customizable. Just download it and try it

When i was using TukUI i had edited it so much to the point is was more convenient to do my own ui than replicate the edits every new version of the UI.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piefayth View Post
    Finally remembered to get a raid shot.

Very, very nice bro.

Is that elv base?

Nope. Visible addons are

STUF (statusbar texture is a lightened version of Flat Smooth)
    Raven
    SLDT
    BigWigs
    !QuseWigs
    Chinchilla
    Weakauras
    Prat
    Quartz
    Kui Nameplates
    CleanIcons

Deleted
    I personnally never understood how you could play with those bitmap fonts everywhere without losing an eye or two after some time.

Anyone, my "new" one, pretty satisfied with it, but optimisation wise it's probably the worst ever made.

http://i.minus.com/i0Wq0yrEPSInz.png

http://i.minus.com/iv41YTI3sWqSM.png
    Last edited by mmoce82960a1d6; 2013-04-18 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Don't embed oversized images, please.

Lui v3 with some other stuff.

Can't post link yet on here.

i(dot)imgur(dot)com/cBBUT9h(dot)jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    I personnally never understood how you could play with those bitmap fonts everywhere without losing an eye or two after some time.

Anyone, my "new" one, pretty satisfied with it, but optimisation wise it's probably the worst ever made.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/j0Wq0yrEPSInz.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jv41YTI3sWqSM.png[/IMG]

I really like this UI, very clean and I see what you did with LUI a bit.

Very very nice and sharp looking! I might have chosen a different placement for the unit frames but to each their own, it still looks stellar!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piefayth View Post
    Nope. Visible addons are

STUF (statusbar texture is a lightened version of Flat Smooth)
    Raven
    SLDT
    BigWigs
    !QuseWigs
    Chinchilla
    Weakauras
    Prat
    Quartz
    Kui Nameplates
    CleanIcons
    Upload Interface & WTF Folder T___T

Deleted
    Working on oUF_Donut if I have time.

http://imgur.com/a/s1uAA#0
    http://imgur.com/wksl2Hf
    http://imgur.com/tAM6zWd

When finished this oUF layout will be able to display the first real circular unitframes.