Thread: Post Your UI

How do you track multiple different abilities on a single button ? Press a modifier to change which timer is displayed at a given time ? That is just messy.
    Or you can be smart. like me. just beacuse you're bidning 2 things into 1 doesnt mean both has to be CD based. take me for example.

I got Rushing jade wind (a CD) binded on shift E. on E i got tiger palm. which is a free no cd ability. perect to add together.

same goes with dizzying haze + crackling jade lightning binded into same.

Basically bind a cd ability with a non cd (aka only uses a global cd).

so no its not messy if you just think smart
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I felt it was more intuitive if you bind related abilities on different modifiers of the same button, but if it makes sense for you then go ahead.
    Still somewhat limiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

A very important thing to do with your keybinds is to arrange them such that you can't accidentally hit a very wrong ability. You want it so that if you fat-finger a key and hit the one next to it, it's not a catastrophe. This also applies to shift modifiers of the same key.

PS - someone post a UI, quick, so this doesn't veer too far off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I felt it was more intuitive if you bind related abilities on different modifiers of the same button, but if it makes sense for you then go ahead.
    Still somewhat limiting.
    This is true if you are learning to play a new character, but for someone who's played the same class for years and is used to binds from before some abilities were even in the game this is much harder. Another thing to consider is that there are some abilities that you very rarely use like vigilance for example as a dps. In this case having a dedicated weak aura would get in the way more than simply having another button your bars would. In any case theres no one solution and the point of this discussion is to explore and find the right one for you (or me in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Still somewhat limiting.
    im sorry but what exactly is so limiting with it?

This is my UI - http://i.imgur.com/BZzvnSf.jpg
    UI with WA UP - http://i.imgur.com/bxVncmy.jpg

i got 12 bindings visible. within these 12 i have another 24 in total (12x with Shift mod, 12x with ctrl) and then 8x with bindings of some odder kind but is no reason to have visible since i know how to use those abilities/not even useful inside combat

thats 12+12+12+8=44 keybinds. 36 of those are a baseline of 1-2-3-4-5-q-e-mouse button 1. mouse button 2, w, §, f

everything but the 12 visible is tracked via Weak auras or does not have a cd.

NOW: if i know my bindings. what to press and when. why would i show 44+ buttons when 12 is more than enough?
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-12-18 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I jsut started playing last month so my skills are not that great but here's my UI. Still needs to figure out how to create external addons for ElvUI, got the code needed but can't seem to make it load over ElvUI. Everything is ElvUI (with RothUI textures, they are amazing, period).

And need to set up WeakAuras, wich seems quite complicated for a beginner ^^

Since I'm not 90 yet, haven't got the time to customize Raid Frames, any critics, positive or negative (especially negatives one) are welcome

image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/51/1387376177-wowscrnshot-121813-150629.jpg

[not allowed to post links, yet!]
    Last edited by mmoc242cb898cf; 2013-12-18 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    NOW: if i know my bindings. what to press and when. why would i show 44+ buttons when 12 is more than enough?
    I never said anything about showing 44 buttons, but since this discussion is going nowhere i'll end my input on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KhiosBe View Post
    I jsut started playing last month so my skills are not that great but here's my UI. Still needs to figure out how to create external addons for ElvUI, got the code needed but can't seem to make it load over ElvUI. Everything is ElvUI (with RothUI textures, they are amazing, period).

Since I'm not 90 yet, haven't got the time to customize Raid Frames, any critics, positive or negative (especially negatives one) are welcome

image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/51/1387376177-wowscrnshot-121813-150629.jpg

Well, welcome to the wonderful world of tinkering with ones UI! The UI looks quite alright actually, and I agree with you, Zork has created some killer textures. I really like your minimalistic approach. I personally feel that your UI would look a lot better without the datatexts, I get that they're functional (I use them myself), but I don't really like the way they pop out at you. But good job!

http://i.imgur.com/utsWNag.jpg

I'm using MayronUI, but I replaced a bunch of his addons. AuraFrame replaced with Raven, Bagnon with Cargbags, added ShieldTracker (not pictured) and a weakaura for tank cloak procs. This screenshot was taken minutes before Thok's first death to our guild (got Siegecrafter and Paragons last night too!).

My main motivation for changing the buff addon is due to the limitations of AF. I couldn't set a focus bar, ToT or anything. With Raven I'm able to see my offtank's stacks in real time. I also make my debuffs larger and vertical so they're front and center.

Next step for me is to add more than boss debuffs to the focus frame, and external cooldowns to my shortbuffs frame, right now I only having it showing my short buffs, weapon procs, enrages, etc. Also going to edit those shown down below out of the main buff frame.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello peoples!
    Been a spectator to this thread for years. I've always wanted to see what people thought of my ui!

tinypic.com/r/259c1uw/5

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/Js1LZLc.jpg

Costum self made ui ^.^

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...813-150629.jpg

Link should work.

Nice, clean lay out.

If a mod and ElvUI do the same thing you can disable that feature in ElvUI so the other mod can do its thing. Currently I am using stuf and Radar (Thanks Constie!!) With out issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post

I've been working on my weakauras and the layout is next, thats why it looks so much like default.
    Any chance you can share your interface? love it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Link should work.

Nice, clean lay out.

If a mod and ElvUI do the same thing you can disable that feature in ElvUI so the other mod can do its thing. Currently I am using stuf and Radar (Thanks Constie!!) With out issue.
    Yup, link working. I got everything to work but I wanna change some settings in the ElvUI config files, like reverse depletion side of player unitframe, can't seem to find how to do it, for now!

And what is Radar? A quick google search and Curse got me no results

Yup, link working. I got everything to work but I wanna change some settings in the ElvUI config files, like reverse depletion side of player unitframe, can't seem to find how to do it, for now!

And what is Radar? A quick google search and Curse got me no results
    Ah, I'm not sure about editing LUA. I tried to learn it a while back but gave up as I'm far to lazy... Probably the same reason the rebuild of my UI is taking so long.

As for Radar, it's a mini-map replacement however very minimalist. Here's a link.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...330-Radar.html

All credit to Constie for this.

Deleted
    there's still work to be done and i'm not satisfied with my pixel font.

well honestly, fuck it, i'm never finishing it because i'm always changing things around, but you get the gist of it.

http://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_121813_22jmj2i.jpg

There's like 5 different bar textures and 6 fonts, figure it out :P
    <3<3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...813_190944.jpg

My current UI. Any criticism is welcome, I'd like to work it out a bit more for a final version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Currently I am using stuf and Radar (Thanks Constie!!) With out issue.
    I'm glad someone likes it!

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    there's still work to be done and i'm not satisfied with my pixel font.

well honestly, fuck it, i'm never finishing it because i'm always changing things around, but you get the gist of it.

http://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_121813_22jmj2i.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    There's like 5 different bar textures and 6 fonts, figure it out :P
    <3<3
    More helpfully, the fonts and bar textures you're using seem quite inconsistent, and consistency is good because it helps you correctly interpret similar things as being similar (and also looks more polished). You should at least use one and the same font for all "numbers" text, one for names, one for chat, etc.

The biggest issue I have is with the duplicate information, though. The Shield Block cooldown is on your action bar as well as in the middle of your screen, you have a notification saying Ultimatum happened right next to a timer for Ultimatum that wouldn't be there if Ultimatum hadn't happened, you have a player frame and a target frame right next to a combined player and target health display, and so on. Removing duplicate information makes it easier to quickly find the important information that's left.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Watch @ 1080p, and its almost like playing on my pc

I'll probably never finish those last 4 to be honest...the way Weak Auras loads some of these models makes me sad. Not to say the others are complete, though. I tinker with them everyday.

I hardly ever comment on UIs and Addons, but these are very well done. You should continue working on them.

I play a DK, so by all means continue working.