Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have a UI pack either already configured or easily configured they'd recommend? Mine right now is such a clusterf*** that I'm not entirely happy with it. The aspects I like for a UI are clean real estate in the middle area and as minimal as possible around the edges. I want raid frames that are the addon (blanking on the name) that are small boxes or rectangles inside a larger box (STUF or something?). I'm not a fan of the huge rectangular box that covers up a 1/4 or 1/5 of the bottom.

Any suggestions? I ask about the configuration aspect because I don't have a huge amount of time to tweak a UI (nor the patience - it's not laziness, just time constraints).

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    I want raid frames that are the addon (blanking on the name) that are small boxes or rectangles inside a larger box (STUF or something?). I'm not a fan of the huge rectangular box that covers up a 1/4 or 1/5 of the bottom.
    I think all raid frames can be re-sized to your desire. The most common ones, I'd say, are (in no particular order) Grid, Vuhdo and Healbot.

Stuf is primarily a unit frames addon, but has a raid frames module if you want to use that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    I'm sorry, do you not have any faith in your off tank? Are you so surrounded my incompetents that you have to do every last thing yourself? Tanks not calling for taunts doesn't happen anywhere other than lfr does it?
    Actually once you get in a good guild you know when to taunt and call when you taunt - your off tank doesn't call for you to taunt (unless there's something else going on that calls for it). Having these kind of debuffs makes it easier.

And the reason we don't use (just) focus auras is that you have to have him as focus target to use those and you sometimes want to focus other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shanthi - thanks for the response. How difficult is Grid to configure to a personal preference level? I've heard of it but never have used it.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shanthi - thanks for the response. How difficult is Grid to configure to a personal preference level? I've heard of it but never have used it.
    Hope you don't mind if I jump in.

I use Grid for my raid frames and find it pretty easy to set up, simple in-game config menu and you can add custom buff/debuff really easily with options to show how they are displayed on the frames. I like it, but I've never really used anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've generally used Grid, and I haven't found it a problem to set up. Some feel it's more of a pain to set up, but I think it's relatively logical in how it's organized and once you understand the concept of statuses (information you want to know, like time left on Regrowth or whether Power Word: Shield is on a player) and indicators (ways to display that information, like with a square in a corner or text at the top of the frame), the flow to set stuff up is pretty straight-forward.

The main thing you should know is that Grid was designed with modularity in mind, so the basic package has less functionality than Vuhdo or Healbot out of the box. You add features you want via plugins, so that there's less wasted overhead.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please could someone kindly tell me which Ui this guy is using... Thank you very much in advance.

Deleted

Havent played for 1 year, but came back a week ago, and using this for now.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-03 at 10:58 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    snip
    Looks cool, but I think some potentially unnecessary things are shown on your unit frames. It is all personal preference but the combat icon and rested icon, are they something you need to know?

Could just be me being too minimalistic.

I use a separate power bar just for me (keeping target power bar attached), just helps me keep an eye on my rage a lot easier.

Xintic is that an original ui or elvui base? I like how it looks pixel perfect although I'm not sure it is, or is it?

Deleted
    And a Shadow one. Not sure about the look of the unit frame bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Xintic is that an original ui or elvui base? I like how it looks pixel perfect although I'm not sure it is, or is it?
    It's all Elv as far as I'm aware, maybe some KGPanels for the background of Chat and Skada.

Right so, here is an update it's very much a WIP. I also began experimenting with separating the power bars from the health bars, so I'll have to see where that goes, but I was looking around at my old UIs for some more inspiration and I stumbled upon these two from late Cata

It's built on inspiration from both those two above as well as by Frantik's mockup/ui. The plan is to make raidframes and chat same width and then having skada an raidframes being same width, but it's not something I was arsed fixing. I am also not too happy with the way the damage meter looks and that's something I will have to come back to. But this is at least a general layout idea. C&C welcome!

P.S. I know the width of the chat and raidframes are not the same :P

P.P.S. Still loving the font Frantik <3
    The only things I'd change aside from the problems with the damage meter you mentioned is the background colour of the chat and Skada. It just doesn't fit with a UI where the rest of the colours are mostly class colours. I'd either make it slightly transparent or get rid of it completely, but since you plan to line the raid frames up with the chat window it maybe be better keeping it and making it transparent. I'd also personally remove keybindings from the action bars to tidy them up.

What I realised from my mockup that I did a few pages back is that it's basically just my UI right now but with different unit frames. One of the downsides to mocking up in photoshop is that not everything translates well in game, particularly fonts. Unfortunately the font I used in the mockup looks like crap in game so I've decided to stick with the one I was using for the time being. I also ported my Gnosis castbars over to my DK for the sake of it. I'll try get some raid screenshots done at some point in the next few days when we start raiding again.

Idle

Player Castbar

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also looking for some form of replacement for buff consolidation, I don't really care much for how the Elv one looks and I really don't want to have to look at them all the time on my buff frames, tips are welcome.
    I know it's possible to do with WeakAuras, in fact I'd be willing to bet there are already some pre-made ones floating around on forums somewhere if you went looking.

Deleted

Heres mine for now.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-04 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    I'm also looking for some form of replacement for buff consolidation, I don't really care much for how the Elv one looks and I really don't want to have to look at them all the time on my buff frames, tips are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    I know it's possible to do with WeakAuras, in fact I'd be willing to bet there are already some pre-made ones floating around on forums somewhere if you went looking.
    I use a weakaura that shows missing Raidbuffs using weakaura and then I have all those blacklisted in Raven (buff addon) so in a sense it works as Buff Consolidation. Could post the string if you want.

Deleted
    Oh look, how pretty, I wonder where I got the inspiration for those! Two questions for you Frantik, how'd you get rid of the % sign on the health text on raid frames?

Edit: And the decimals for that matter.

Edit 2: Is there anyway to change the chat editbox in Elv?
    Is that friendly health percentages on raid frames? What is that for?
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2014-01-04 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to sound so hostile.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Is that friendly health percentages on raid frames? What on earth is that supposed to be useful for?
    Read what he wrote in his post instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post

Heres mine for now.
    This is super good, what bartexture is that? Looks a lot like one of the Tapestry ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Is that friendly health percentages on raid frames? What on earth is that supposed to be useful for?
    Oh hey look, a UI that has text displays. Let's rag on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    This is super good, what bartexture is that? Looks a lot like one of the Tapestry ones.
    Looks like the texture I had. But don't know it's name really. Could be one of the Tapestry ones or one of the Halcyon ones.

But there's something wrong with his alignment imo. Raidframes don't match the CD's and actionbars.
    I'd place the cooldown frame a pixel or 2 above your UF like the power bar. Also no idea what the icon behind it is.
    Chat could be horizontally aligned the same as stats on top. Same for minimap and DPS meter really.

But apart from that. Me like.