Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted

Screenshot from a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post

Screenshot from a video.
    So there is quite a lot going on in that screenshot! It isn't to my taste but regardless of that I have a couple of comments/questions:

1: Healers Have to Die? In PvE? I'm not sure why this is useful.
    2: Friendly nameplates is something I've never found useful. You have buffs/debuffs on your raid frames, so what are you using friendly nameplates for?
    3: Floating combat text on you is covering your meter, so why have the meter active during combat?
    4: Your buffs are HUGE! Why not just filter them to show what is/isn't important to know?
    5: Your raid cooldown tracker is partially covered by your range radar which makes both of them tough to make out clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rippie View Post
    I'm also looking for a couple of simple add ons, one for nameplates that would let me have a similar texture/font to the frames, but not overkill like TidyPlates, and one for simple 1 pixel border tooltips with customisable fonts
    If you want something really simple and lightweight, try headline. Hands down the best simple nameplates addon, really lightweight and low cpu impact. Much, much more effiecent than Tidyplates/Kuinameplates etc. It s currently being maintained by a fan as the original author seems to have quit the game.

Third update. Running out of ideas so I think I'll abandon this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    It's so pretty though. I'm going to try and adapt it for other classes and roles, I think.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

It looks great in PvP! I love the icons layout (and everything else)

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    So there is quite a lot going on in that screenshot! It isn't to my taste but regardless of that I have a couple of comments/questions:

2: Friendly nameplates is something I've never found useful. You have buffs/debuffs on your raid frames, so what are you using friendly nameplates for?
    3: Floating combat text on you is covering your meter, so why have the meter active during combat?
    4: Your buffs are HUGE! Why not just filter them to show what is/isn't important to know?
    5: Your raid cooldown tracker is partially covered by your range radar which makes both of them tough to make out clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want something really simple and lightweight, try headline. Hands down the best simple nameplates addon, really lightweight and low cpu impact. Much, much more effiecent than Tidyplates/Kuinameplates etc. It s currently being maintained by a fan as the original author seems to have quit the game.
    Dunno about anyone else, but I just assumed this was one of those "ironic" and "humorous" UIs as opposed to a genuine request for critique. I might be wrong, but I really hope not....!

Is that tidyplates you using as floating healthbars? I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    Looks more like KuiNamplates.
    The fact that the health numbers do not appear until less than full health I think is a giveaway there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Dunno about anyone else, but I just assumed this was one of those "ironic" and "humorous" UIs as opposed to a genuine request for critique. I might be wrong, but I really hope not....!
    I don't know. Normally the ridiculous UIs are the kind that are either unplayable or have huge amounts of replica parts (multiple raid frames and party frames etc.).

To me this looks like a playable UI that suffers from a little bloat.

I use HHTD in PvE because it highlights healing mobs. This can be valuable in spotting something that, as a lead, has been missed by the team. Sure, I can do the same thing with, eg, target priority macros, or just noticing, but having something to call out when healers are about can be quite useful.

Deleted

Changed my UI yet again slightly, critique is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    It is indeed KuiNameplates

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Love the minimap. What addon is it?
    Last edited by Birgwow; 2014-02-07 at 12:01 AM.

Love the minimap. What addon is it?
    Qusemap /10supercoolchars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I use HHTD in PvE because it highlights healing mobs. This can be valuable in spotting something that, as a lead, has been missed by the team. Sure, I can do the same thing with, eg, target priority macros, or just noticing, but having something to call out when healers are about can be quite useful.
    That's quite cunning! I didn't realise that HHTD worked with NPCs!

That's quite cunning! I didn't realise that HHTD worked with NPCs!
    I believe you have to adjust the options to make it so, but yes. It also pre-flags them after it identifies them as healers, which happens when they heal something. So, no "list" to be maintained, it just figures it out in each run.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post

What is that texture?

Playing around trying to make something new and refreshing for me. not sure how this is gonna end up ;D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrd3r3m04bn99d0/cakemix.png

New work in progress.

Also, is there any way to make circle textures look sharp?

Also, is there any way to make circle textures look sharp?
    Don't scale them.

Deleted
    N1 Work - i really like it