Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #24521
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    This is absolutely beautiful. On the iconless bars though, I am getting LUA errors.. is there something else you have installed? This repeats for every ability. It says something about the font not set. I can't post as I don't have a large enough post count yet.
    I'll update the WA tonight. There's some custom functions that doesn't seem to work. Also, you might have to change the font of the ability "titles". I personally use ABF. I don't know if that could cause the problem.
    I think everybody's nuts.

  2. #24522
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    I'll update the WA tonight. There's some custom functions that doesn't seem to work. Also, you might have to change the font of the ability "titles". I personally use ABF. I don't know if that could cause the problem.
    Thanks... can I just kill the custom code in actions? Does it need to be replaced with anything?

  3. #24523
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    ElvUI: https://pastebin.com/zj5KAtQv
    WA2 white details: https://pastebin.com/KGPrH0Gb
    WA2 buff bars: https://pastebin.com/XJwNWTHn (to make new buffs I just make a new icon and copy the one thats there, and change the target)
    WA2 debuff bars: https://pastebin.com/7RBQA5B6
    Here's an updated version. See if you'll have more luck with that one. Let me know how you like it, friend.

    https://wago.io/HJOwdydNz
    I think everybody's nuts.

  4. #24524
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Here's an updated version. See if you'll have more luck with that one. Let me know how you like it, friend.
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    Last edited by Buckeyes1995; 2018-01-13 at 08:23 PM.

  5. #24525
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    Hm. It works on my screen. Weird. I'll have a go tomorrow, friend.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    You can go in an condition the the text. Change the color from black to white if the spell is on cooldown. That seems like the easiest workaround for .lua-errors. That's what I have planned for tomorrow, anyway. I'll reply you with an update. :-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.

    https://wago.io/SkJViid4G here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    ElvUI: https://pastebin.com/zj5KAtQv
    WA2 white details: https://pastebin.com/KGPrH0Gb
    WA2 buff bars: https://pastebin.com/XJwNWTHn (to make new buffs I just make a new icon and copy the one thats there, and change the target)
    WA2 debuff bars: https://pastebin.com/7RBQA5B6

    Thanks a lot! Nice animation work. Definitely inspiring.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Hm. It works on my screen. Weird. I'll have a go tomorrow, friend.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can go in an condition the the text. Change the color from black to white if the spell is on cooldown. That seems like the easiest workaround for .lua-errors. That's what I have planned for tomorrow, anyway. I'll reply you with an update. :-)

    - - - Updated - - -




    https://wago.io/SkJViid4G here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Thanks a lot! Nice animation work. Definitely inspiring.
    I think everybody's nuts.

  6. #24526
    here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.
    Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?

  7. #24527
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?
    The profile was uploaded by another user a single page back, at think. I just toyed around with it. :-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?
    Also, add me. It's easier to fix errors that way. IAardvark#2589
    I think everybody's nuts.

  8. #24528
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    The profile was uploaded by another user a single page back, at think. I just toyed around with it. :-)

    Also, add me. It's easier to fix errors that way. IAardvark#2589
    Sent. #Medi1752

  9. #24529
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    Sent. #Medi1752
    I think everybody's nuts.

  10. #24530
    Very nice. For some reason some of the text is coming out weird/overlapped. Are your icons (HT, SL, etc.) still 50x50? The import string you gave pushes the text outside the white box boundaries.. at least on my screen.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Buckeyes1995; 2018-01-14 at 02:18 PM.

  11. #24531
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    Very nice. For some reason some of the text is coming out weird/overlapped. Are your icons (HT, SL, etc.) still 50x50? The import string you gave pushes the text outside the white box boundaries.. at least on my screen.

    Thanks.
    Probably because you use a different font. I use ABF set to 20.
    I think everybody's nuts.

  12. #24532
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Probably because you use a different font. I use ABF set to 20.
    yeah.. where do you set the font globally? all I could do was change the font for every different icon?

  13. #24533
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    yeah.. where do you set the font globally? all I could do was change the font for every different icon?
    You can't. The parent group needs to consist of only one type of WA for you to be able to do that.
    I think everybody's nuts.

  14. #24534
    Further updates, almost done it...

    Still have to do such things like create a Masque skin so WeakAuras will be skinned. Have to skin DBM as well. With how many quests are visible in Sorha Quest Log I might swap the position with the 2 Details frames.


  15. #24535
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    Further updates, almost done it...

    Still have to do such things like create a Masque skin so WeakAuras will be skinned. Have to skin DBM as well. With how many quests are visible in Sorha Quest Log I might swap the position with the 2 Details frames.

    just me personally but it feels like the action bar buttons and the unit frame bars are being swallowed by the artwork. its so thick and dark, the minimap looks better to me thickness and color wise

  16. #24536
    Not wishing to derail anything but just wanted to point out that the last 2 weeks have been very refreshing.
    I've lurked here far longer than contributing and I don't remember a time of such positive activity.

    Not just the attitude but the content, I can't recall a time when we had such diverse UIs being presented.

    Thank you to all who continue to post development shots and share your hard work, I have radically redesigned my own UI based on inspiration from this thread and will likely do so again in time.

    Well done all!

  17. #24537
    First of all, I really love this thread, so much creativity and new ideas here! Sadly it always make me wanna create new UIs, that I throw out every week, since I have a new idea... If only I could create one that satisfies me *sighs*

    Anyway, I have created an FFXIV-esque UI! I really like the game, but since all of my friends play WoW, it got really boring soon, so I tried to recreate at least the UI :P Like always, it is an WiP



    What is not shown: Scrolling Combat Text that works like FFXIV,
    What is still missing/not done: The Raid Frames are still the vanilla ones and the Q-Tracker too. Also some details are missing; like skinning the entire UI :/

    But since I already have a new idea, idk if I'll work on this one further...
    Last edited by SushiAce; 2018-01-15 at 02:22 PM.

  18. #24538
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiAce View Post
    First of all, I really love this thread, so much creativity and new ideas here! Sadly it always make me wanna create new UIs, that I throw out every week, since I have a new idea... If only I could create one that satisfies me *sighs*

    Anyway, I have created an FFXIV-esque UI! I really like the game, but since all of my friends play WoW, it got really boring soon, so I tried to recreate at least the UI :P Like always, it is an WiP

    i imgur.com/Ry13NrX.png

    What is not shown: Scrolling Combat Text that works like FFXIV,
    What is still missing/not done: The Raid Frames are still the vanilla ones and the Q-Tracker too. Also some details are missing; like skinning the entire UI :/

    But since I already have a new idea, idk if I'll work on this one further...
    Here’s the link
    https://m.imgur.com/Ry13NrX

  19. #24539
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    <snip>
    Thank you kind person

    EDIT: Did edit my own post to include the UI thumbnail, since I'm now able to
    Last edited by SushiAce; 2018-01-15 at 02:23 PM.

  20. #24540
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by browed View Post
    Not wishing to derail anything but just wanted to point out that the last 2 weeks have been very refreshing.
    I've lurked here far longer than contributing and I don't remember a time of such positive activity.

    Not just the attitude but the content, I can't recall a time when we had such diverse UIs being presented.

    Thank you to all who continue to post development shots and share your hard work, I have radically redesigned my own UI based on inspiration from this thread and will likely do so again in time.

    Well done all!
    That brought a smile upon my lips. May all your hits be crits, Sir.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is the latest iteration of my iconless UI. The big boxes are healthbars for your target and yourself. The border around it fills up as you casting a spell, and the name of the spell is showed beside the small white squares. Those squares each represent 20% of your power. Yours and your targets name is underneath the name of the cast. In the middle there's a white line that's meant to be a procline. For the the small blue squares are stacks of Tidal Waves and the big one in the middle is Queen's Ascendant.

    Then there's the actionbars - - the iconless actionabar, or whatever you might call then underneath and a Vuhdo setup to close off with.

    Oh. And BigWigs on the side.
    I think everybody's nuts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •