Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #24501
    [QUOTE=iAardvark;48603015]Very much a borrowed idea from Enixz (Birg).

    Player health percent on the left, target health percent on the right. The top bar functions as a castbar for the player, the bottom one for the target. There's five dots on each side, each representing 20% of power (mana, maelstrom etc.)

    Beneath there's an iconless WA2-setup showing my abilities. They're white boxes with simple writing on them. Pressing an ability will remove the white box from the frame and replace it with a blue cooldown bar growing downwards. Abilities with stacks (Riptide and Healing Stream (on the far right and far left)) the white box will grow smaller, while still showing the blue cooldown progress in the background.

    Nice concept. Can you share the wa import string? Thanks

  2. #24502
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    it's a bit MS Paint looking, but it's easy on the eyes. :-))
    Exactly! I'm a true minimalist at heart however in UI design it's easy to get caught up, for me at least, in what exactly I want to know vs. what I think I want to know at a glance, haha. Things can get out of control quickly. My current setup below including the troublesome WAs but ignore those. I'm "happy" with this, I just feel, as you said, I could roll with something easier on the eyes.

    https://imgur.com/FIFXItv

  3. #24503
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    [QUOTE=Oxidion;48625244]
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Very much a borrowed idea from Enixz (Birg).

    Player health percent on the left, target health percent on the right. The top bar functions as a castbar for the player, the bottom one for the target. There's five dots on each side, each representing 20% of power (mana, maelstrom etc.)

    Beneath there's an iconless WA2-setup showing my abilities. They're white boxes with simple writing on them. Pressing an ability will remove the white box from the frame and replace it with a blue cooldown bar growing downwards. Abilities with stacks (Riptide and Healing Stream (on the far right and far left)) the white box will grow smaller, while still showing the blue cooldown progress in the background.

    Nice concept. Can you share the wa import string? Thanks
    https://wago.io/ByZy27IEz

    https://wago.io/BJSaqXLVG

    Here you go. :-)
    I think everybody's nuts.

  4. #24504
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post

    Here you go. :-)
    I love you ty

  5. #24505
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxidion View Post
    I love you ty
    That's mighty kind, Sir. :-)
    I think everybody's nuts.

  6. #24506
    prntscr.com/hzr7nm
    pretty much all weakauras and photoshop

  7. #24507
    Blademaster bjordin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    44
    Here is my current UI (works for all specs, just have to add buffs/debuffs to aura group under player/target hp)

    Idle:
    Combat:
    Group:

    The raid frames are docked off to the left side.

    Bonus GIF of combat: https://gfycat.com/FlimsyOrderlyDiscus

  8. #24508
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    Here is my current UI (works for all specs, just have to add buffs/debuffs to aura group under player/target hp)

    Idle:
    Combat:
    Group:

    The raid frames are docked off to the left side.

    Bonus GIF of combat: https://gfycat.com/FlimsyOrderlyDiscus
    Very beautiful. Mind sharing an addon-list? I'm interested in the unitframes. Are those WA, or totally custom written?
    I think everybody's nuts.

  9. #24509
    Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post

    pretty much all weakauras and photoshop
    fixed image



    looks nice. great work

  10. #24510
    Blademaster bjordin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    44

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Very beautiful. Mind sharing an addon-list? I'm interested in the unitframes. Are those WA, or totally custom written?
    Its just Weakauras and ElvUI

  11. #24511
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    Its just Weakauras and ElvUI
    Any chance you'd share the string?
    I think everybody's nuts.

  12. #24512
    Blademaster bjordin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    44
    ElvUI: https://pastebin.com/zj5KAtQv
    WA2 white details: https://pastebin.com/KGPrH0Gb
    WA2 buff bars: https://pastebin.com/XJwNWTHn (to make new buffs I just make a new icon and copy the one thats there, and change the target)
    WA2 debuff bars: https://pastebin.com/7RBQA5B6

  13. #24513
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Very much a borrowed idea from Enixz (Birg).

    Player health percent on the left, target health percent on the right. The top bar functions as a castbar for the player, the bottom one for the target. There's five dots on each side, each representing 20% of power (mana, maelstrom etc.)

    Beneath there's an iconless WA2-setup showing my abilities. They're white boxes with simple writing on them. Pressing an ability will remove the white box from the frame and replace it with a blue cooldown bar growing downwards. Abilities with stacks (Riptide and Healing Stream (on the far right and far left)) the white box will grow smaller, while still showing the blue cooldown progress in the background.
    This is absolutely beautiful. On the iconless bars though, I am getting LUA errors.. is there something else you have installed? This repeats for every ability. It says something about the font not set. I can't post as I don't have a large enough post count yet.

  14. #24514
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    This is absolutely beautiful. On the iconless bars though, I am getting LUA errors.. is there something else you have installed? This repeats for every ability. It says something about the font not set. I can't post as I don't have a large enough post count yet.
    I'll update the WA tonight. There's some custom functions that doesn't seem to work. Also, you might have to change the font of the ability "titles". I personally use ABF. I don't know if that could cause the problem.
    I think everybody's nuts.

  15. #24515
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    I'll update the WA tonight. There's some custom functions that doesn't seem to work. Also, you might have to change the font of the ability "titles". I personally use ABF. I don't know if that could cause the problem.
    Thanks... can I just kill the custom code in actions? Does it need to be replaced with anything?

  16. #24516
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    ElvUI: https://pastebin.com/zj5KAtQv
    WA2 white details: https://pastebin.com/KGPrH0Gb
    WA2 buff bars: https://pastebin.com/XJwNWTHn (to make new buffs I just make a new icon and copy the one thats there, and change the target)
    WA2 debuff bars: https://pastebin.com/7RBQA5B6
    Here's an updated version. See if you'll have more luck with that one. Let me know how you like it, friend.

    https://wago.io/HJOwdydNz
    I think everybody's nuts.

  17. #24517
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Here's an updated version. See if you'll have more luck with that one. Let me know how you like it, friend.
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    Last edited by Buckeyes1995; 2018-01-13 at 08:23 PM.

  18. #24518
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    Hm. It works on my screen. Weird. I'll have a go tomorrow, friend.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    You can go in an condition the the text. Change the color from black to white if the spell is on cooldown. That seems like the easiest workaround for .lua-errors. That's what I have planned for tomorrow, anyway. I'll reply you with an update. :-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

    It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.

    https://wago.io/SkJViid4G here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    ElvUI: https://pastebin.com/zj5KAtQv
    WA2 white details: https://pastebin.com/KGPrH0Gb
    WA2 buff bars: https://pastebin.com/XJwNWTHn (to make new buffs I just make a new icon and copy the one thats there, and change the target)
    WA2 debuff bars: https://pastebin.com/7RBQA5B6

    Thanks a lot! Nice animation work. Definitely inspiring.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Hm. It works on my screen. Weird. I'll have a go tomorrow, friend.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can go in an condition the the text. Change the color from black to white if the spell is on cooldown. That seems like the easiest workaround for .lua-errors. That's what I have planned for tomorrow, anyway. I'll reply you with an update. :-)

    - - - Updated - - -




    https://wago.io/SkJViid4G here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Thanks a lot! Nice animation work. Definitely inspiring.
    I think everybody's nuts.

  19. #24519
    here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.
    Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?

  20. #24520
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?
    The profile was uploaded by another user a single page back, at think. I just toyed around with it. :-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?
    Also, add me. It's easier to fix errors that way. IAardvark#2589
    I think everybody's nuts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •