Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    I'll update the WA tonight. There's some custom functions that doesn't seem to work. Also, you might have to change the font of the ability "titles". I personally use ABF. I don't know if that could cause the problem.
    Thanks... can I just kill the custom code in actions? Does it need to be replaced with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    ElvUI: https://pastebin.com/zj5KAtQv
    WA2 white details: https://pastebin.com/KGPrH0Gb
    WA2 buff bars: https://pastebin.com/XJwNWTHn (to make new buffs I just make a new icon and copy the one thats there, and change the target)
    WA2 debuff bars: https://pastebin.com/7RBQA5B6
    Here's an updated version. See if you'll have more luck with that one. Let me know how you like it, friend.

https://wago.io/HJOwdydNz
    I think everybody's nuts.

Here's an updated version. See if you'll have more luck with that one. Let me know how you like it, friend.
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    Last edited by Buckeyes1995; 2018-01-13 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    That got rid of the errors, but now things are offset.. a lot of the blue refill bars are under the white bars. Sorry to bug you with this

It looks like the custom lua may have changed the text to white during cooldown? As it is now, it's black and you can't see it.
    Hm. It works on my screen. Weird. I'll have a go tomorrow, friend.

- - - Updated - - -

You can go in an condition the the text. Change the color from black to white if the spell is on cooldown. That seems like the easiest workaround for .lua-errors. That's what I have planned for tomorrow, anyway. I'll reply you with an update. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

https://wago.io/SkJViid4G here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    ElvUI: https://pastebin.com/zj5KAtQv
    WA2 white details: https://pastebin.com/KGPrH0Gb
    WA2 buff bars: https://pastebin.com/XJwNWTHn (to make new buffs I just make a new icon and copy the one thats there, and change the target)
    WA2 debuff bars: https://pastebin.com/7RBQA5B6

Thanks a lot! Nice animation work. Definitely inspiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm. It works on my screen. Weird. I'll have a go tomorrow, friend.

- - - Updated - - -

You can go in an condition the the text. Change the color from black to white if the spell is on cooldown. That seems like the easiest workaround for .lua-errors. That's what I have planned for tomorrow, anyway. I'll reply you with an update. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

https://wago.io/SkJViid4G here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot! Nice animation work. Definitely inspiring.

here's an updated version. The text should change color on CD, and I added Flame Shock and Lava Burst.
    Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?

Thanks. I actually played with it a while and figured out it was working correctly. This is beautiful. I see with the picture you updated your unit frames? Very nice. Do you have that profile I could look at?
    The profile was uploaded by another user a single page back, at think. I just toyed around with it. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, add me. It's easier to fix errors that way. IAardvark#2589

The profile was uploaded by another user a single page back, at think. I just toyed around with it. :-)

Also, add me. It's easier to fix errors that way. IAardvark#2589
    Sent. #Medi1752

Sent. #Medi1752

Very nice. For some reason some of the text is coming out weird/overlapped. Are your icons (HT, SL, etc.) still 50x50? The import string you gave pushes the text outside the white box boundaries.. at least on my screen.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Buckeyes1995; 2018-01-14 at 02:18 PM.

Very nice. For some reason some of the text is coming out weird/overlapped. Are your icons (HT, SL, etc.) still 50x50? The import string you gave pushes the text outside the white box boundaries.. at least on my screen.

Thanks.
    Probably because you use a different font. I use ABF set to 20.

Probably because you use a different font. I use ABF set to 20.
    yeah.. where do you set the font globally? all I could do was change the font for every different icon?

yeah.. where do you set the font globally? all I could do was change the font for every different icon?
    You can't. The parent group needs to consist of only one type of WA for you to be able to do that.

Further updates, almost done it...

Still have to do such things like create a Masque skin so WeakAuras will be skinned. Have to skin DBM as well. With how many quests are visible in Sorha Quest Log I might swap the position with the 2 Details frames.

AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Characters: Demon Hunter, Death Knight, Rogue
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    Further updates, almost done it...

Still have to do such things like create a Masque skin so WeakAuras will be skinned. Have to skin DBM as well. With how many quests are visible in Sorha Quest Log I might swap the position with the 2 Details frames.

just me personally but it feels like the action bar buttons and the unit frame bars are being swallowed by the artwork. its so thick and dark, the minimap looks better to me thickness and color wise

Not wishing to derail anything but just wanted to point out that the last 2 weeks have been very refreshing.
    I've lurked here far longer than contributing and I don't remember a time of such positive activity.

Not just the attitude but the content, I can't recall a time when we had such diverse UIs being presented.

Thank you to all who continue to post development shots and share your hard work, I have radically redesigned my own UI based on inspiration from this thread and will likely do so again in time.

Well done all!

First of all, I really love this thread, so much creativity and new ideas here! Sadly it always make me wanna create new UIs, that I throw out every week, since I have a new idea... If only I could create one that satisfies me *sighs*

Anyway, I have created an FFXIV-esque UI! I really like the game, but since all of my friends play WoW, it got really boring soon, so I tried to recreate at least the UI :P Like always, it is an WiP

What is not shown: Scrolling Combat Text that works like FFXIV,
    What is still missing/not done: The Raid Frames are still the vanilla ones and the Q-Tracker too. Also some details are missing; like skinning the entire UI :/

But since I already have a new idea, idk if I'll work on this one further...
    Last edited by SushiAce; 2018-01-15 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SushiAce View Post
    First of all, I really love this thread, so much creativity and new ideas here! Sadly it always make me wanna create new UIs, that I throw out every week, since I have a new idea... If only I could create one that satisfies me *sighs*

Anyway, I have created an FFXIV-esque UI! I really like the game, but since all of my friends play WoW, it got really boring soon, so I tried to recreate at least the UI :P Like always, it is an WiP

i imgur.com/Ry13NrX.png

What is not shown: Scrolling Combat Text that works like FFXIV,
    What is still missing/not done: The Raid Frames are still the vanilla ones and the Q-Tracker too. Also some details are missing; like skinning the entire UI :/

But since I already have a new idea, idk if I'll work on this one further...
    Here’s the link
    https://m.imgur.com/Ry13NrX

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    <snip>
    Thank you kind person

EDIT: Did edit my own post to include the UI thumbnail, since I'm now able to
    Last edited by SushiAce; 2018-01-15 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by browed View Post
    Not wishing to derail anything but just wanted to point out that the last 2 weeks have been very refreshing.
    I've lurked here far longer than contributing and I don't remember a time of such positive activity.

Not just the attitude but the content, I can't recall a time when we had such diverse UIs being presented.

Thank you to all who continue to post development shots and share your hard work, I have radically redesigned my own UI based on inspiration from this thread and will likely do so again in time.

Well done all!
    That brought a smile upon my lips. May all your hits be crits, Sir.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the latest iteration of my iconless UI. The big boxes are healthbars for your target and yourself. The border around it fills up as you casting a spell, and the name of the spell is showed beside the small white squares. Those squares each represent 20% of your power. Yours and your targets name is underneath the name of the cast. In the middle there's a white line that's meant to be a procline. For the the small blue squares are stacks of Tidal Waves and the big one in the middle is Queen's Ascendant.

Then there's the actionbars - - the iconless actionabar, or whatever you might call then underneath and a Vuhdo setup to close off with.

Oh. And BigWigs on the side.

I'm not big on the iconless part (I'm just as bad with the acronyms as I am the icons, and it looks a bit stark with the choice of white as the background color), but I _really_ like what you are doing with the unitframes, and the simple lines and easy to read unit name/spell name. For classes like warlock and pally that have shards/holy power, where would those fit in? I originally thought those were the 5 boxes across the top.