Thread: Post Your UI

Question for you all. Ive seen a lot of awesome UIs here and many of them have hotbars with only 6-12 buttons. I have near 30 different buttons that i use right now and so i am wondering, are you guys just not using half of your abilities? Or is there something i am missing? I been trying to figure out how to minimalize my ui as much as possible, and my hot bars are the most clunkiest part right now (using dominos at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by Mwforrest7 View Post
    Question for you all. Ive seen a lot of awesome UIs here and many of them have hotbars with only 6-12 buttons. I have near 30 different buttons that i use right now and so i am wondering, are you guys just not using half of your abilities? Or is there something i am missing? I been trying to figure out how to minimalize my ui as much as possible, and my hot bars are the most clunkiest part right now (using dominos at the moment).
    i guess most have invisible bars for stuff you dont need to track the cooldowns off.
    If you want to reduce clutter you can always work with Shift/Alt/Control Macros.

I hide my action bars until a modifier key is pressed. It keeps things clean and only shows when I need them. Also, I have them all invisibly placed on top of each other, and they only show when their key is pressed.

ActionBar (AB) 1 - shows when I have something targeted
    Visibility State (for ElvUI) - [petbattle] hide; [mod:ctrl] show; [combat] show; [exists] show; [vehicleui] show; hide

AB2 - shows when [SHIFT] is held down
    [vehicleui] hide; [overridebar] hide; [petbattle] hide; [mod:alt, mod:shift] hide; [mod: alt] show; hide

AB3 - shows when [ALT+SHIFT] is held down
    [vehicleui] hide; [overridebar] hide; [petbattle] hide; [mod:alt, mod:shift] hide; [mod:shift] show; hide

AB5 - shows when [ALT+SHIFT] is held down
    [vehicleui] hide; [overridebar] hide; [petbattle] hide; [mod:alt, mod:shift] show; hide
    Last edited by yyyys; 2018-06-07 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Many People hide buttons they dont neet to see (no cooldown or cd is tracked by other means like weakaura) - you should have the keybindings for skills memorized anyway. Things like hs, toys, mounts etc dont need to be visible at your screen all the time and can be used with opie (https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/opie) or on bars that only show on mouseover.

unless i play a new class/spec and move skills around alot i usually play without any visible action bars

Thank you to the last few people for clearing up my confusion! That makes a lot more sense. I can definitely see how you could hide non-CD abilities on classes you're deeply familiar with. I just started playing monk for the first time and so I am still becoming familiar, so I guess for now I got to keep the training wheels on

That said, I did a bit of tinkering with my UI last night after hearing about the whole idea of hiding stuff. I'd share it but I guess I am not allowed to until I "post a few times".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    trying out a new blizz style border for icons, and a way of stacking actionbars that has them in a single block rather than in separate bars

not sure if i'll leave it like this
    I have to say, I'm a really big fan of your design on this UI. I personally like the style of the seperate actionbars, so if you decide to switch to stacking, maybe just leave the option in there?
    In any case, great work, it looks so sweet!

Another question to you UI wizards who do thhe super elaborate and highly custom UIs: what were some of the best resources and documentation that you used for learning to do it?

Another question to you UI wizards who do thhe super elaborate and highly custom UIs: what were some of the best resources and documentation that you used for learning to do it?
    LUA is pretty straight forward, easily human readable. Spend a bit of time reading about it, it's syntax, then start opening up addons and seeing what they do. Copy and paste something from one addon to another and make it work. Then set a simple development goal- for example adding a colored bar here or changing a font there, then accomplish that goal. Then set another. This is a fairly generic process that can be applied to any language really... at least for me.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Didly; 2018-06-07 at 08:55 PM.

From a zero coding background and not even knowing what LUA means, I read no guides or resources, I simply downloaded an addon, played around with it and mastered its configuration settings then did the same thing for the next one, then the next one. Theres no secret, its just practice practice practice!

Major respect for the guys who design their own addons and code the UIs at a ground level though!

Deleted
    trying out a new blizz style border for icons, and a way of stacking actionbars that has them in a single block rather than in separate bars

Hey, great UI! What addons did you use for bags and tooltip?

Edit : Like Cathfaern, I checked the link in your signature, could you explain me how to copy some of the elements we can find there, where to past them etc, for exemple bags and tooltip. Thank you!
    Last edited by mmoc8f896e7dac; 2018-06-09 at 10:01 AM.

http://u.cubeupload.com/gombreak/e24...20180603at.png
    https://u.cubeupload.com/gombreak/3c...20180603at.png

What addon do you use for the unit frames and for the minimap? They look fantastic.

Edit: nevermind, I checked the link in your signature.

Deleted
    I will post everything once I am finished.

Can any of you UI guru's help with my chat spacing in the bottom left? I want a bigger vertical gap between each line but literally have no idea what I am doing.

I use pixel fonts cos I play on a 15inch laptop in 1080p O_O.

https://i.imgur.com/z8z4Dbm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzsx View Post
    Can any of you UI guru's help with my chat spacing in the bottom left? I want a bigger vertical gap between each line but literally have no idea what I am doing.
    I think PhanxChat can help you adjust the chat line spacing. Phanx added that feature a version or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzsx View Post
    ChatFontNormal:SetSpacing(1.5)

My two last versions of UI. Based on ElvUI.

v09:

v10:
    Last edited by m4elstr0m; 2018-06-11 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    ChatFontNormal:SetSpacing(1.5)
    Cheers man, I have absolutely no knowledge on editing Lua I'll see if I can figure it out in the elvui folder xD.

5+ Year Old Account

What’s this ui? Can I download it somewhere? It looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What’s this ui? Can I download it somewhere? It looks amazing.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...161-iipui.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m4elstr0m View Post
    My two last versions of UI. Based on ElvUI.

v09:

v10:

Your v09 Shareable? I'd absolutely love that for my DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddy View Post
    Update to my interface. Started by recreating Duke's 8.0 and then slowly adjusting it to my liking.

OOC:

Combat:
    OMG it was so long ago !