Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #26081
    The Lightbringer Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,107


    I often black out in battlegrounds.

  2. #26082
    Quote Originally Posted by Voix View Post
    My UI, finally worthy of a post here after many different iterations.

    Out of Combat
    In Combat
    In Combat 2
    All the things with a few annotations

    I've become tired of squares in my years playing this game. Being inspired by the likes of Birg and many other awesome creators in this thread, I wanted to create something unique/beautiful but served a purpose.

    I really like fighting games, many of them feature very slick & informative designs, in particular I'm very fond of Tekkens interface with the diagonal elements that it heavily features, I took heavily from this design in the main parts of my UI. Some fighting games also have bars that grow larger towards the center of the screen, i really like this effect and it looks super neat in WoW with smoothly animated bars, I've tried to show this off in the second combat image with the energy bar.

    Driving this idea of fighting games further I used the player portrait as a health bar and made sure that both health bars for target and player protrude from the rest of the interface to create the swell in the bar ends and create this look of a "stacked" interface that is heavily featured in fighting games.

    There are elements of this interface that I am still undecided about and would like others critique / thoughts on it, especially in regards to:

    1. The combo point number in the center, I'm unsure whether to keep as it's data duplication.
    2. Incorporating the "fighting" style into target of target & focus.
    3. What to do about party & raid frames. I'm really trying to get away from having large amounts of squares on screen. Right now, I hide them all because as a filthy Rogue, I don't really care about others haha!

    Thanks in Advance
    Hopefully it's not that small when you play with it. Can't even read anything except the health numbers.

    1) Combo Points in the middle is okay. Had that long time ago and would still do that. Important information IMO.
    2) Hm?
    3) At the moment your party frames look like default setting. Maybe make it a bit more fitting in that style of the rest. Or, if you are a DD, make it even simpler.

    Except of that, I kinda like it.
    ooh, wee.

  3. #26083
    Quote Originally Posted by Voix View Post
    My UI, finally worthy of a post here after many different iterations.

    Out of Combat
    In Combat
    In Combat 2
    All the things with a few annotations

    I've become tired of squares in my years playing this game. Being inspired by the likes of Birg and many other awesome creators in this thread, I wanted to create something unique/beautiful but served a purpose.

    I really like fighting games, many of them feature very slick & informative designs, in particular I'm very fond of Tekkens interface with the diagonal elements that it heavily features, I took heavily from this design in the main parts of my UI. Some fighting games also have bars that grow larger towards the center of the screen, i really like this effect and it looks super neat in WoW with smoothly animated bars, I've tried to show this off in the second combat image with the energy bar.

    Driving this idea of fighting games further I used the player portrait as a health bar and made sure that both health bars for target and player protrude from the rest of the interface to create the swell in the bar ends and create this look of a "stacked" interface that is heavily featured in fighting games.

    There are elements of this interface that I am still undecided about and would like others critique / thoughts on it, especially in regards to:

    1. The combo point number in the center, I'm unsure whether to keep as it's data duplication.
    2. Incorporating the "fighting" style into target of target & focus.
    3. What to do about party & raid frames. I'm really trying to get away from having large amounts of squares on screen. Right now, I hide them all because as a filthy Rogue, I don't really care about others haha!

    Thanks in Advance
    I realy like they style you got there..
    How did you achieved that kind of unit frames?
    Thanks in advance

  4. #26084
    Deleted
    So I just started playing again and turned 120 with my fist char (Shaman) a couple of weeks ago. Ever since I am trying to setup my Interface. What started with some minor changes, now became almost an addiction and for two weeks now I am spending like 90% of my WoW-Time with trying out addons, changing things and developing new Ideas. Of course I have to google and look things up a lot and most of the times my google request leads me directly to this page. So since I am browsing this board, looking for help lots of hours anyways, I thought I might as well register and check out whats going on here.

    So Hello everyone

    The first thing i saw after my registration was this topic and I thought it might be the best Idea to start here and show what I am working on.
    I like it so far, but its far from perfect. I definitely gonna have a lot of questions you guys (Especially about Weakauras 2 and LUA)

    (Well, I just got the message that trying to post some kind of URL isn't exactly the best first thing to do in this Forum since its not allowed ,
    so i guess, as I don't want delete the whole post I am just saying hello for the moment and show you the Images another time. :-) )

    Have a great weekend
    Clay

  5. #26085
    Quote Originally Posted by Voix View Post
    My UI, finally worthy of a post here after many different iterations.

    Out of Combat
    In Combat
    In Combat 2
    All the things with a few annotations

    I've become tired of squares in my years playing this game. Being inspired by the likes of Birg and many other awesome creators in this thread, I wanted to create something unique/beautiful but served a purpose.

    I really like fighting games, many of them feature very slick & informative designs, in particular I'm very fond of Tekkens interface with the diagonal elements that it heavily features, I took heavily from this design in the main parts of my UI. Some fighting games also have bars that grow larger towards the center of the screen, i really like this effect and it looks super neat in WoW with smoothly animated bars, I've tried to show this off in the second combat image with the energy bar.

    Driving this idea of fighting games further I used the player portrait as a health bar and made sure that both health bars for target and player protrude from the rest of the interface to create the swell in the bar ends and create this look of a "stacked" interface that is heavily featured in fighting games.

    There are elements of this interface that I am still undecided about and would like others critique / thoughts on it, especially in regards to:

    1. The combo point number in the center, I'm unsure whether to keep as it's data duplication.
    2. Incorporating the "fighting" style into target of target & focus.
    3. What to do about party & raid frames. I'm really trying to get away from having large amounts of squares on screen. Right now, I hide them all because as a filthy Rogue, I don't really care about others haha!

    Thanks in Advance
    Would love to know how you went about to make that... also been thinking of using other games as inspirations. Not sure what the best way to make unitframes that's has other different shapes other than square.

  6. #26086
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymortis View Post
    So I just started playing again and turned 120 with my fist char (Shaman) a couple of weeks ago. Ever since I am trying to setup my Interface. What started with some minor changes, now became almost an addiction and for two weeks now I am spending like 90% of my WoW-Time with trying out addons, changing things and developing new Ideas. Of course I have to google and look things up a lot and most of the times my google request leads me directly to this page. So since I am browsing this board, looking for help lots of hours anyways, I thought I might as well register and check out whats going on here.

    So Hello everyone

    The first thing i saw after my registration was this topic and I thought it might be the best Idea to start here and show what I am working on.
    I like it so far, but its far from perfect. I definitely gonna have a lot of questions you guys (Especially about Weakauras 2 and LUA)

    (Well, I just got the message that trying to post some kind of URL isn't exactly the best first thing to do in this Forum since its not allowed ,
    so i guess, as I don't want delete the whole post I am just saying hello for the moment and show you the Images another time. :-) )

    Have a great weekend
    Clay
    Firstly, welcome! Hope you're having fun making your UI. Secondly, you should be able to post your urls in here, i believe you just can't make them hyperlinks (clickable links), if you also can't do that, adding a space or 2 in the url will be enough.

  7. #26087
    Some immersive UI with dynamic cam / immersion /ls toast for loot frame / obelisk minimap



  8. #26088
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Hopefully it's not that small when you play with it. Can't even read anything except the health numbers.

    1) Combo Points in the middle is okay. Had that long time ago and would still do that. Important information IMO.
    2) Hm?
    3) At the moment your party frames look like default setting. Maybe make it a bit more fitting in that style of the rest. Or, if you are a DD, make it even simpler.

    Except of that, I kinda like it.
    Thanks for the feedback Lyn! Glad you like it! Hopefully it's something a tiny bit different.

    Ah on the first comment (not to brag) I play on a large TV screen in an office, so the elements on the UI are bigger on that screen creating a skewed perspective for me.
    With that said, I decided to sit on current iteration a few days and agree with your first bits of feedback, so I'm going to scale up by about 10% on everything and leave the combo points where they are to see how that feels.

    Your 3rd point sort of covers my second point too, I've started work on converting the rest of the UI to the overall theme, I'll post a much higher resolution screenshot when I've finished.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightcrow View Post
    I realy like they style you got there..
    How did you achieved that kind of unit frames?
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Would love to know how you went about to make that... also been thinking of using other games as inspirations. Not sure what the best way to make unitframes that's has other different shapes other than square.
    Thanks nightcrow, glad ya like it!

    To answer the question of how to get non-square shapes and use them as bars, I use weak auras progress textures, the characters face in the image is a still image, it doesn't change if i change helm for example. You have to get very specific with cropping here so it tracks properly from 0 -> 100. Also all borders and shadows are done as part of the image to give them a professional feel.

    I would say to stick to stick to rectangle flows (1 vert x 4 hori px) to make things flow better and look a bit cooler. I've got some custom lua in places to smooth out number updates and health flow updates but you can achieve most of the look with standard WAs.

  9. #26089
    Quote Originally Posted by porkyshon View Post
    Some immersive UI with dynamic cam / immersion /ls toast for loot frame / obelisk minimap


    just amazing paladin brother

  10. #26090
    Quote Originally Posted by Voix View Post
    Ah on the first comment (not to brag) I play on a large TV screen in an office, so the elements on the UI are bigger on that screen creating a skewed perspective for me.
    With that said, I decided to sit on current iteration a few days and agree with your first bits of feedback, so I'm going to scale up by about 10% on everything and leave the combo points where they are to see how that feels.
    Oh, yes, that explains a lot. Looking forward to see what you will come up with.
    ooh, wee.

  11. #26091
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Oh, yes, that explains a lot. Looking forward to see what you will come up with.
    WTB Lyn UI. iipUI shit the bed, no updates. So now I'm just kinda floating around.

  12. #26092
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    WTB Lyn UI. iipUI shit the bed, no updates. So now I'm just kinda floating around.
    Haven't touched WoW in like 3 weeks now.... maybe I can do something in the holidays. But I can't promise, tho. I need a bit time to get used to Lua again :'D
    ooh, wee.

  13. #26093
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by porkyshon View Post
    Some immersive UI with dynamic cam / immersion /ls toast for loot frame / obelisk minimap


    I hate elvUI and all that(prefering the standard UI with a little touch).

    But I have to say, this one is really inspiring. Well done.

  14. #26094

    Horde

    This is my curren UI imgur.com/a/fDya8vH

  15. #26095
    Quote Originally Posted by porkyshon View Post
    Some immersive UI with dynamic cam / immersion /ls toast for loot frame / obelisk minimap


    Find a way to move your buffs a little bit to the right and everything will be perfect

  16. #26096
    my UI for BfA, based on FreeUI and Aurora, both heavily modified, SIMPLE CLEAN and PIXEL PERFECT

    https://imgur.com/a/uUz7CuL

    idle




    party


    raid

  17. #26097
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoyevsky View Post
    my UI for BfA, based on FreeUI and Aurora, both heavily modified, SIMPLE CLEAN and PIXEL PERFECT

    SNIP[/IMG]
    Bro, that font size. Is this a UI for people with vision above 20/20?

  18. #26098
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Bro, that font size. Is this a UI for people with vision above 20/20?
    The evolution of UIs have gone from functional to minimal. Its a bit weird. Like you can post a screen of nothing but your character and people will be like thats "clean".

  19. #26099
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Bro, that font size. Is this a UI for people with vision above 20/20?
    He is KN/CN - they all like BIG NUMBRSZZZSZSZ


    I am a menace to my own destiny.

  20. #26100
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Bro, that font size. Is this a UI for people with vision above 20/20?
    His monitor is 4K thats why it looks so small for you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •