Thread: Post Your UI

I changed my ui so here it is
    It is made from different addons all around

https://imgur.com/a/TMjKJYA

Last edited by nightcrow; 2019-08-02 at 01:22 PM.

Done some stuff with my UI.

Intent is to make it feel more like a complete UI with a set theme.
    Not perfect yet, but getting there(hopefully…).

Original size: https://i.imgur.com/TDQzjap.jpg

Thumbnail(a bit grainy, original image above is sharper):
    Last edited by F Rm; 2019-08-02 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varna View Post
    Just been messing about, elvui + wa's, goto about 1m10s
    I recognised my little OOC sound in there :-)))) Cool UI in general, good stuff.

Hey Kait, I was just wondering how you managed to make that clickable menu at the bottom of your ui. Was it done through clickable weakauras that run a macro to open up those panels?

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    Hey Kait, I was just wondering how you managed to make that clickable menu at the bottom of your ui. Was it done through clickable weakauras that run a macro to open up those panels?
    It was kgpanels. I know kgpanels is a bit of dinosaur of an addon, but it seems to still work, and it's straightforwards enough that a non-coder like me can make a bunch of little scripts work. Since I made KaitUI apparently WeakAuras can now link auras to frames, which I think means about half the stuff in my UI could be done through WA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody manage to skin elvui with caithui skin and texture?

took a break from WoW for a bit but I got my new main to 120 and decided to change up my UI
    Last edited by palaron14; 2019-08-07 at 01:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Just stock with some addons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Working on something for S.Priest for a friend:

Quote Originally Posted by palaron14 View Post
    took a break from WoW for a bit but I got my new main to 120 and decided to change up my UI
    Possible you could share the profile(s)? Or just some info ?

Wow.. this looks amazing! I've been trying to get my hands on something similar for a long time.. Mind sharing it?

Big fan, could I get a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    you kinda didnt read what I said at all, and fuck off with the cunty smarky comments cunt Sorry but progress raid...lol, its just for my off-spec.

Dont leave feeedback if you just ignore what ppl write dude. As I said "m not gonna be able to change my 3 stacked bartender bars, I just preffer that, but lmk if you can give any tips https://imgur.com/a/NVZPqp7"

People with their minimalistic UIs where nothing is shown is garbage. You wanna be able to see shit fast, not hover over hidden crap all the time.
    You want to scream "it's just OFFSPEC it's not a big deal my UI is shit" but then try and tell people what a good UI is. Lul. Okay. Do you want a good healer UI or not? Minimalistic UIs don't show "nothing", they only show what you need to see so you can see what the fuck is going on around you that you need to be paying attention to.

1) Good luck seeing anything under your feet you need to move out of. Having the raid frames in the center underneath your character is fine, most people do that now, but at the very least you need to be able to see the bottom of your feet.
    2) The WA/bartender shit in the center below the raid frames are HUGE, you absolutely do not need them to be that big. And you already have all your CDs and spells on your bars, why are there icons for them too? Either move or hide the bars or move or hide the bartender shit/WAs. You don't need to have your Innervate CD in two places.
    3) You have 3 bars on the bottom which are way too big, if you really want them there at least make them smaller so they take up less space, and move that top one as a vertical bar to the left side. Health stones, gliders, etc. do not need to be at the center of your screen taking up the highest priority visual space.
    4) Your player frame/health bar/etc. and target frames are absolutely massive, and the icons are way too big. And do you really need the player face icons? Take out the faces, take out the buff icons on both, make target of target WAY smaller or even just a health bar with a name, take out the HOT icons. If you have a player targeted, you only need to be seeing their debuffs. Debuffs you can specifically dispel should be shown by your raid frames, but having all debuffs on a player target can be helpful for things like tank stacks. Target of target can be useful if you're targeting a mob and want to see who an abililty is about to hit, but make that way smaller. All you need is a health bar and a name on that, not the entire thing plus a player's face and mana.
    5) Shorten that chat frame on the lower left, and make the text smaller if possible. Chat does not need to be that big in a raid, if visible at all.
    6) Does your dungeon journal thing on the right really need to be there? Come on dude. At least minimize it.
    7) Minimap could also be a lot smaller, as well as the buff/debuff icons on the top right. None of that is dead important information except some debuffs you can see easily just by the icon.

https://imgur.com/AYiLYol

Still WIP, so only dummy screens for now.
    https://imgur.com/a/Nv8UkQq (6 images, I dont want to clutter the forum...)

If it is familiar somehow, probably because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I21_eRlikq4
    I really liked this design back then, so yeah, I used it as a starting point. Also kudos for magicaldandruff's yt channel, it was quite inspirational.

I have to do something with the buff/debuff frames (hiding it, I guess), and I need a fix for grid2, because it keeps reverting the textures back to default. Meh. Also needs some cleanup and rearranging, and probably better quality textures.
    Probably gonna post some raid pictures later. I managed to fit the whole raid into that line at the bottom. It is perfectly fine with 20/25 people, but it's kind of funny with 40.
    Last edited by Papzer; 2019-08-11 at 09:58 PM.

Trying to update and simplify KaitUI a bit. I've got the target 3D portrait very large because I like seeing the face details in WoW. Everything is so small and far away most of the time. Often I click on another player and it's like 'oh, so that's what you look like'. In terms of the target health bar being a bit off to one side, I very very rarely use anything other than the nameplates to see target HP, so for me this is fine :-) Also, I'm trying to alter the layout so it works with the off-the-shoulder camera view, which i like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Trying to update and simplify KaitUI a bit. I've got the target 3D portrait very large because I like seeing the face details in WoW. Everything is so small and far away most of the time. Often I click on another player and it's like 'oh, so that's what you look like'. In terms of the target health bar being a bit off to one side, I very very rarely use anything other than the nameplates to see target HP, so for me this is fine :-) Also, I'm trying to alter the layout so it works with the off-the-shoulder camera view, which i like a lot.

The target to the right layout reminds me a bit of your old Shadow Priest UI that was knocking about during Cata. I loved that layout. If you still have some screenshots of it floating about you should post them up again for the nostalgia and so I can copy it again for my levelling UI...).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papzer View Post

https://imgur.com/AYiLYol

Still WIP, so only dummy screens for now.
    https://imgur.com/a/Nv8UkQq (6 images, I dont want to clutter the forum...)

If it is familiar somehow, probably because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I21_eRlikq4
    I really liked this design back then, so yeah, I used it as a starting point. Also kudos for magicaldandruff's yt channel, it was quite inspirational.

I have to do something with the buff/debuff frames (hiding it, I guess), and I need a fix for grid2, because it keeps reverting the textures back to default. Meh. Also needs some cleanup and rearranging, and probably better quality textures.
    Probably gonna post some raid pictures later. I managed to fit the whole raid into that line at the bottom. It is perfectly fine with 20/25 people, but it's kind of funny with 40.
    This is awesome! Love the animation for DRW (I think? its the sword & skull)!. Very well done and something I'd expect from blizzard if they gave a single shit about UI work.

I never really paid attention ingame, so I don't know if they used this animation, but yeah, it's supposedly for drw.

Anyone able to direct me to where I can get the class color theme link in the imgur below? I asked the streamer but he didn't reply and I've noticed a few other people have it as well, I just don't know how to word it in Google in order to get the results I'm looking for lol. (I outlined everything in the red boxes to be more specific).

I can't post links yet so just remove the spaces

imgur . com / CtNSeBl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Trying to update and...
    Awesome as always!