Thread: Post Your UI

Lightbulb

Hey,

I have been working lately on a weak aura for the Kyrian ability (Summon Steward/Phials). My objective was to replace the information given by two shortcuts (the Stewart and the phials) with a single icon and adding a text reminder when I forgot to call him (typically, this is useful if you chain the arenas). Moreover, they are plenty of weak auras for Kyrian on wago, but none of them were sufficiently complete to satisfy me.

I ended up with the result below (this is all the states of the single icon of the weak aura + the text):

At the moment, it supports the following features:

- Track the number of (Phial of Serenity);
    - Track the cooldown of (Phial of Serenity);
    - Highlight (Phial of Serenity) when the player is below 30% of health;
    - Add a gold border to (Phial of Serenity) when the cooldown of (Summon Steward) is off;
    - Handle the state of (Phial of Serenity) when used in combat and the cooldown did not kick in yet since it starts at the end of the combat (displayed as desatured icon).

when no (Phial of Serenity) in bags:

- Replace (Phial of Serenity) by (Summon Steward);
    - Track the cooldown of (Summon Steward);
    - Highlight (Summon Steward) if available (and the player is alive);
    - Display a movable text that indicates no (Phial of Serenity) is present in bags (not displayed while in combat, when the player is dead or in a vehicle).

If you are interested to get it, I made it available on wago: https://wago.io/Rq_G8O-h1

Don't hesitate to share your feedback if you try it.

So I have an issue I can't seem to figure out.
    I decided to try WA for my Target UF, no problem there. I have an anchor frame which is attached to ElvUI Target, and then my WA UF in a group, with the Target Name being the anchor for everything and Target Name is anchored to the anchor.
    I did this to use ElvUI range fading and it works great if I start combat with a target. If I'm say, running around in the world and a mob or mobs attack me and then I target them, the UF will not show up. I haven't been able to figure out why it's doing this, since ElvUI Target is still visible the whole time.
    I've tried to anchor Target Name to ElvUI Target instead of the anchor and it's the same issue.

I don't remember exactly how I had it before the current setup but it was only Target Name that would disappear, everything else would stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post

So I have an issue I can't seem to figure out.
    I decided to try WA for my Target UF, no problem there. I have an anchor frame which is attached to ElvUI Target, and then my WA UF in a group, with the Target Name being the anchor for everything and Target Name is anchored to the anchor.
    I did this to use ElvUI range fading and it works great if I start combat with a target. If I'm say, running around in the world and a mob or mobs attack me and then I target them, the UF will not show up. I haven't been able to figure out why it's doing this, since ElvUI Target is still visible the whole time.
    I've tried to anchor Target Name to ElvUI Target instead of the anchor and it's the same issue.

I don't remember exactly how I had it before the current setup but it was only Target Name that would disappear, everything else would stay.
    It could be you need to add some kind of code to the WA UF to help updated it more often, or on a specific trigger? I'm not too well versed in using WA UFs :/ (love those buffs though, that Elv or WA?)

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    It could be you need to add some kind of code to the WA UF to help updated it more often, or on a specific trigger? I'm not too well versed in using WA UFs :/ (love those buffs though, that Elv or WA?)
    Could be WA. I run WA for everything and they look similar.

I'll have to check later but I believe it's set to update ON TARGET CHANGE or something like that, I don't know shit about any of that I just found some other UFs and used that bit. It could also be that I have ElvUI set to not show without a target, unless I'm in combat, and since WA can't load in combat maybe that stops it, but only certain pieces were originally, even when the main piece was anchored to Elv and everything else was anchored to the main piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to respond, they are WAs.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Shadowlands UI. Let me know if you want the code for it

ADDON LIST
    • ELVui
    • ELVui Shadow & Light
    • ELVui mMediaTag
    • Addon Skins
    • Details
    • DBM
    • Handynotes
    • Leatrix Plus

Fonts Used
    • Bebasneue
    • Big Noodle Tilting

Out of Combat

In Combat

Party

Raid
    Selling myself out below

pm your code please it looks fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    Id love that code too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    This is lit! Can you share the string please?

Quote Originally Posted by HealTree View Post
    Thanks <3

The borders are a mix of ElvUI 1px Borders and a shit ton of Weakauras, skinning almost all elements from ElvUI with 3 different borders to match the Masque-Skin i use for Actionbuttons and Buffs. I would love to make this into an actual ElvUI_Plugin of some sort, cause i think if it can be done with WA, it could be done Standalone, but so far i dont have the time to develop that on my own.

The Minimap is done with ElvUI_WindTools, which brings, apart from a couple of nice QoLs and not that much overhead (S&L), a configurable rectangular minimap.

So far i dont think i will share an Import String, i tested the profile on a fresh character and it really turned out rather frustrating cause there are a lot of private variables not shipping with the import string. The base-layout should be pretty easy to recreate though
    I presume that main issue with profile is anchoring of Weak Aura's that you added which are manually positioned.

Have you tried anchoring them to ElvUI frames it self? For example to anchor Weak Auras that adds additional borders to ElvUI action bar to action bar it self? And for other WA-ElvUI elements.

That way, if you export your ElvUI profile and WA string, no matter at which character/resolution those are imported WA strings will always be positioned correctly to their positions because they are anchored at ElvUI elements them self. Further more, WA anchored to ElvUI elements will move as you move ElvUI elements.

Something that i learned the hard way, completely by accident tbh.
    Small step in WA creation, however extremely big QoL for exporting profiles

Something like this, for example this is my WA execute glow anchored to ElvUI target frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Have you tried anchoring them to ElvUI frames it self? For example to anchor Weak Auras that adds additional borders to ElvUI action bar to action bar it self? And for other WA-ElvUI elements.
    So I'm not 100% sure it was this but, I had a WA Anchor that was tied to ElvUI Target, so that I could move the anchor and just keep ElvUI Target at the bottom of the screen. Then I had my WA UF anchored to that WA Anchor. Both would disappear if I didn't have a target when starting combat.

So now I have the WA Anchor, but I'm not using it, I took every element out of my WA UF group, then made a new group, and that seems to be working fine so far, maybe I had a random setting in the group or something, no idea. Right now only WA Target Name fades, because the rest isn't actually attached yet, but I haven't noticed any issues.

I would like a code too!
    Last edited by icefrog; 2020-12-21 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post

How do you make the partial icons in weakauras?

Quote Originally Posted by starbuxs View Post
    How do you make the partial icons in weakauras?
    Tick "Keep Aspect Ratio" and make the icon's width larger than it's height

Came back to WoW for Shadowlands on a new PC and silly me had forgot to copy over my WTF files so had to start from scratch with my UI. I actually love spending ages tweaking them anyway so this wasn't a big deal. I use this UI, for the most part, on all my classes & roles now with just a couple of changes required such as different Plexus profiles when healing. Still a work in progress but it's doing its job for now. Still need to go through the SL dungeons/raids and compile a WA group for notable debuffs though so I'm not looking up to my map to see what's happening. Also not sure if I'm a massive fan of KUI nameplates as I can't seem to get them to change colour upon raid markers which I used to find useful.

https://i.imgur.com/TlutAo3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Came back to WoW for Shadowlands on a new PC and silly me had forgot to copy over my WTF files so had to start from scratch with my UI. I actually love spending ages tweaking them anyway so this wasn't a big deal. I use this UI, for the most part, on all my classes & roles now with just a couple of changes required such as different Plexus profiles when healing. Still a work in progress but it's doing its job for now. Still need to go through the SL dungeons/raids and compile a WA group for notable debuffs though so I'm not looking up to my map to see what's happening. Also not sure if I'm a massive fan of KUI nameplates as I can't seem to get them to change colour upon raid markers which I used to find useful.
    I like it! Simple and effective.
    If you're not sure about KUI you could download Plater and use a profile that simulates the KUI look, i've used one in the past and liked it at the time.
    Here's a link: wago(dot)io/51BsWrIc1

Quote Originally Posted by Aethe View Post
    I like it! Simple and effective.
    If you're not sure about KUI you could download Plater and use a profile that simulates the KUI look, i've used one in the past and liked it at the time.
    Here's a link: wago(dot)io/51BsWrIc1
    Yeh I keep seeing Plater as the go-to addon now for nameplates but I find them a faff to configure especially sorting out castbar size etc. as you need to go find some level 5 caster mob to keep attacking you to see what it looks like haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Yeh I keep seeing Plater as the go-to addon now for nameplates but I find them a faff to configure especially sorting out castbar size etc. as you need to go find some level 5 caster mob to keep attacking you to see what it looks like haha.
    Actually in the cast bar tab there's a button named "Toggle Cast Bar Loop" or something like that, it enables a fake cast bar on every single mob for testing purposes. I agree that it's a lot to configure at once but it has awesome testing modes for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylr View Post
    Ready for Shadowlands.
    Please can you share this?

Quote Originally Posted by spenncerr View Post
    Please can you share this?
    My UI can be found here. https://wago.io/Nm8ZwC8-0

I've since made some modifications to the UI, but haven't uploaded that yet.