Thread: Post Your UI

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    This is so slick.
    I'm scrapping the current project to mimic this more
    Uploading a video to give a glimpse of the party frames. They include Leader/assistant indicator, debuff indicator (changing color based on what debuff it is, pixel glow if it's able to be dispelled), tank/healer indicator, and of course they're centralized and fully animated/clickable like the player/target frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Xl7Bldbc0

https://ibb.co/5sVdXR3

I'll be uploading a full video showing it off in action sometime next week! <3

If you have anything to throw at me @Crummy, please do so! Any inspiration is welcome.
    Last edited by Coxeter; 2022-09-03 at 09:57 PM.
    I think everybody's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Wow. Super tight. I love it!
    Well, thank you! I am still changing my main personal UI all the time but i'll keep the screenshots of the WIP this time. I sorely miss my old screenshots of WoW in general because i stupidly deleted them once i thought i was done playing this game

If you have anything to throw at me @Crummy, please do so! Any inspiration is welcome.
    The work has finally started

7+ Year Old Account
    The work has finally started
    UF! Looking forward to seeing it. Keep us posted!

Uploading a video to give a glimpse of the party frames. They include Leader/assistant indicator, debuff indicator (changing color based on what debuff it is, pixel glow if it's able to be dispelled), tank/healer indicator, and of course they're centralized and fully animated/clickable like the player/target frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Xl7Bldbc0

https://ibb.co/5sVdXR3

I'll be uploading a full video showing it off in action sometime next week! <3

That's cool! The tank and healer indicator isn't very intuitive sadly. What do you think about have a vertical bar over what I'm assuming is the class colored bar for healer? So it creates a very very oblong cross, and maybe use a circle for the tank icon? If you do them class colored like the bar it could look really cool and minimalistic.

EDIT: Something like this maybe?

EDIT 2: Maybe do the same with the Leadericon, do a class colored Star? Preferably with a dynamic group so it can go next to a possible Healer/Tank indicator.
    Last edited by Nallebjoern; 2022-09-06 at 08:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nallebjoern View Post
    That's cool! The tank and healer indicator isn't very intuitive sadly. What do you think about have a vertical bar over what I'm assuming is the class colored bar for healer? So it creates a very very oblong cross, and maybe use a circle for the tank icon? If you do them class colored like the bar it could look really cool and minimalistic.

EDIT: Something like this maybe?

EDIT 2: Maybe do the same with the Leadericon, do a class colored Star? Preferably with a dynamic group so it can go next to a possible Healer/Tank indicator.
    Thank you! There's a couple of things I'm working on.
    The debuff tracker isn't working as intended.
    I'll remove the animation from the party frames (it creates confusion).
    I'll probably remove party casts as its not necessary information.
    I'll slim down the party frames.
    I'll remove the power bar from the main player frame and add it behind the GCD tracker on the rotational frame (think DukeUI).

Also most of the UI is set to 75% alpha; I'll probably end up changing that. I did a couple of 15+ yesterday and the UI definitely needs clarity. Thanks for following!

EDIT: Just noticed your changes. It's not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all. Most of the party frames are inspired by Gethse's RealUI grid2 work.

Thank you! There's a couple of things I'm working on.
    The debuff tracker isn't working as intended.
    I'll remove the animation from the party frames (it creates confusion).
    I'll probably remove party casts as its not necessary information.
    I'll slim down the party frames.
    I'll remove the power bar from the main player frame and add it behind the GCD tracker on the rotational frame (think DukeUI).

Also most of the UI is set to 75% alpha; I'll probably end up changing that. I did a couple of 15+ yesterday and the UI definitely needs clarity. Thanks for following!

EDIT: Just noticed your changes. It's not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all. Most of the party frames are inspired by Gethse's RealUI grid2 work.
    That sounds cool. I'd urge you to consider removing the power bar and replace it with a text instead. Too many bars moving is causes clutter and you very rarely need to see the partys powerlevel at a glance.

That sounds cool. I'd urge you to consider removing the power bar and replace it with a text instead. Too many bars moving is causes clutter and you very rarely need to see the partys powerlevel at a glance.
    I would agree with this, and my personal own taking if health bars can be class color i just find that more visual pleasing and informative. That is my personal taste, ideally someone should be able to make that bar whatever color they want or background color. looks great though keep at it for YOUR personal taste and customization

Did anyone try to create the Dragonflight UI?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Did anyone try to create the Dragonflight UI?
    I did, and i did the mistake to show my work on reddit where ppl thinks they own you and are entitled to whatever you share.

but i can show u what i made and showed them.

https://i.imgur.com/XESHQz8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8vGsn2j.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quick test of something I'm working on.
    Thanks to Crummy for consultating.

https://youtu.be/-IN0Qb7IoLA

Very cool! Not the most legible font (or icons) but once you know what you're doing with a class I doubt it matters much :-)

Only thing I would change is the target name. Targets have long names, the UI needs to accommodate that. I know you can use the tooltip and the nameplates, but I feel you still need the full name near the target frame somewhere.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2022-09-14 at 08:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Very cool! Not the most legible font (or icons) but once you know what you're doing what a class I doubt it matters much :-)

Only thing I would change is the target name. Targets have long names, the UI needs to accommodate that. I know you can use the tooltip and the nameplates, but I feel you still need the full name near the target frame somewhere.
    I agree! A lot. I'm planning on making boss frames growing out on the right side and party frames growing out on the left. The exact same style as the target and player frame. How you'd you show the names? One full name centered on top of the frame, on the bottom of the next one, top, bottom, top, bottom and so forth?

You're killing it, dude.
    I agree with Kaitain on the name, and that one is always tricky. Perhaps just having it centered above it all, I don't know.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're killing it, dude.
    I agree with Kaitain on the name, and that one is always tricky. Perhaps just having it centered above it all, I don't know.
    Above the power frame? Hmmm. Interesting. What about boss- and party frames then? Another day another hurdle, I guess.

I agree! A lot. I'm planning on making boss frames growing out on the right side and party frames growing out on the left. The exact same style as the target and player frame. How you'd you show the names? One full name centered on top of the frame, on the bottom of the next one, top, bottom, top, bottom and so forth?
    Yes I was thinking centered somewhere. And it could be pretty small too. Also, right justified to the target frames right edge (underneath it) is an option, balanced out by some text about yourself on the left (not name though, something useful).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enixz View Post
    They are all made by Weakauras2.But it has a disadvantage: buff/debuff made via WA cannot be right-clicked.
    Just noticed the custom target indicator? Is it plater? Is it WA? Is it sharable?

the names on the partyframes is not as important as the targetframe. Most players dont have the same 5-6 letters so you can usually tell which frame belongs to which player at a glance. The mind doesnt even have to read the entire name to connect it to the person you want to, its quite cool actually. Most of this is the reason why Grid was so immensely popular when I was playing hardcore. I have no idea if it still is, but I see no reason why it shouldnt.

I always did enjoy having the name classcolored in my gridsetup and having the healthbar a neutral color. I think I saw it first on one of Duke's UIs. He was most definitely not the first one doing it, just the first one who did it beautifully.

Bossframes are a different thing though, I never used to use them so I dont know really know the purpose of them apart from showing an overall progress of the bossfight.

7+ Year Old Account
    the names on the partyframes is not as important as the targetframe. Most players dont have the same 5-6 letters so you can usually tell which frame belongs to which player at a glance. The mind doesnt even have to read the entire name to connect it to the person you want to, its quite cool actually. Most of this is the reason why Grid was so immensely popular when I was playing hardcore. I have no idea if it still is, but I see no reason why it shouldnt.

I always did enjoy having the name classcolored in my gridsetup and having the healthbar a neutral color. I think I saw it first on one of Duke's UIs. He was most definitely not the first one doing it, just the first one who did it beautifully.

Bossframes are a different thing though, I never used to use them so I dont know really know the purpose of them apart from showing an overall progress of the bossfight.
    Thanks for your input!

I use bossframes mainly on council fights. Making sure to keep DoTs up on both bosses. During a boss fight with a single boss, I find it irrelevant as boss power and cast is probably tracked with BigWigs/DBM/Plater/WA2/something else entirely. But boss fights containing more than one boss, I find it quite useful.

You're killing it, dude.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your new work.it always gives me a lot of afflatus
    Just noticed the custom target indicator? Is it plater? Is it WA? Is it sharable?
    plater.Your new UI is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Yes I was thinking centered somewhere. And it could be pretty small too. Also, right justified to the target frames right edge (underneath it) is an option, balanced out by some text about yourself on the left (not name though, something useful).
    I look forward to seeing you coming back to continue publishing your great UI works.