Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    I did, and i did the mistake to show my work on reddit where ppl thinks they own you and are entitled to whatever you share.

but i can show u what i made and showed them.

https://i.imgur.com/XESHQz8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8vGsn2j.jpg
    Looking good looking good, mind sharing what addons you used so i can try to recreate it on classic, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Quick test of something I'm working on.
    Thanks to Crummy for consultating.

https://youtu.be/-IN0Qb7IoLA
    Everything looks...big? I assume it'a zoomed clip.

I like the compact setup bit i'm not a fan of the "dual bars" in general. Very few istances of that really work imho, but it's just personal taste.

As others said, you may want to change the font to something more fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Did anyone try to create the Dragonflight UI?
    I am actually in the process of rewriting all my addons tbh. The DF ui inclides so much good stuff that basically will male me shave a lot of code or directly ditch it.

Likely the only thing i'm going to do are the unitframes, nameplates and the square minimap because i don't like the round shape.

I'm giing to try neww stiff. For example i'm gonna take one actionbar and make it my cooldowns bar, with statusbar under buttons, glows, etc basically removing the need for any tracker for them.

I'll also have to decise if i'm going with a pixelperfect style or try to fit into the defailt DF ui. The second approach means i don't have to reskin anything.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello there, everyone.

I'm still hard at work at the centralized UI idea.
    This is where I'm at at the moment.

Features:
    The player frame will be centered without a target - and health will grow from both directions inwards.
    With a target the player frame will scoot left and the target frame will show up on the right - they will grow inwards in their respective directions.
    A class/hostility indicator will show up in the middle of the two bars indicating class and hostility.
    With an attackable target health percentages will show up on each health frames - showing effective health (142% health with absorb etc.).
    The main power frame is located above the health frames and only shows up with an attackable target - same goes for the rotational abilities.
    The rotational abilities each have around 10 triggers to them and custom trigger functions, making the decision making easy - only shows AoE spells with two or more targets nearby etc.

Let me know what you think of the progress so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONysaZdQMWw
    I think everybody's nuts.

I really like your ActionBar spacing/padding. The minimal border/shadow texture really compliments the spacing. Well done.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the minimalistic but easily discernable indicators on this design. Really makes me sad that so many great UIs are catered to wider/larger screens.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa. I really love this UI. Kudos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrh View Post
    I really like your ActionBar spacing/padding. The minimal border/shadow texture really compliments the spacing. Well done.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the minimalistic but easily discernable indicators on this design. Really makes me sad that so many great UIs are catered to wider/larger screens.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa. I really love this UI. Kudos.
    Which UI are you complimenting, friend? :-)))

15+ Year Old Account
    WA on Elv

I think for the first time, im actually gonna use stock UI with maybe weakauras and very very minor tweaks, they did a great job on the new ui!

Welcome back!

I really miss your old WeakAuras from World of Garrison Draenor!

I think for the first time, im actually gonna use stock UI with maybe weakauras and very very minor tweaks, they did a great job on the new ui!
    Same. I'll probably make an addon to reskin a specific actionbar to use it both for bindings and as a cd tracker basically (adding a small bar, making the border go red/green and icon desaturated) since you can freely reshape them and make them visible only in combat. And then when i have the buffs tracked and a square minimap i'll be done

I wish there was more built-in customization for the new Unitframes. If only you could remove class power and resources tracking from it, I'd be using them but unless they implement it, probably will be using ElvUI still, sadly.

The default nameplates are still really bad unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    The default nameplates are still really bad unfortunately
    ah s.. yeh forgot, those are rly bad, so a nameplate addon is a must i guess

Can someone inspire me in how you can use and optimize the DF standard UI -
    and only minimally/lightly modified(details!, nameplates are some examples of 'necessary' addons. While complete makeover like ElvUI is no-go).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-10-23 at 08:59 AM.

silver dragon, plater/kui nameplates, weakauras, think thats mostly what im gonna do tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    This! Couldn't agree more. Can't wait for the pre-patch to try it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    With everyone talking of the default UI, this might not be the right place for this. This is about as far from it as possible - haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIAti7LYOQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lytrwths View Post
    This! Couldn't agree more. Can't wait for the pre-patch to try it out.
    Completely agree. I think it looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    With everyone talking of the default UI, this might not be the right place for this. This is about as far from it as possible - haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIAti7LYOQ
    Definitely a super interesting concept.

EDIT: i am onto a thing. I like how a lot of stuff is now managed already and i can fit my unitframes design with the default one. I'll probably go a total different route for buffs/debuffs (much like weakaura groups are a standalon blob of things, i'll probably make class based addons custom designed to fit my playstyle - library is shared anyway). STill just the beginning so far, testing what works and whatnot.

Ignore the xp bar, it's the default one and i'll get rid of it (don't knwo why it's not movable with the default menus lol).

Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-10-27 at 07:35 AM.

Ok! New XPAC, time for a new UI! I'm back trying to recreate my old NeonUI, you could see here back in Legion, 5 years ago.
    I'm the creator of KikiUI btw, if you remember it.

Unfortunately, a lot of addons I used back then don't work anymore, so I'll have to wait for updates or look for alternatives.

Right now, this is what I managed to recreate.

If anyone knows an addon which creates portraits for player & target without any other frames, let me know.
    Also, is there any alternative to ForteXorcist/SPTimers? I really need those DoT, CD timers back!
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2022-10-27 at 02:10 PM.

For me its the opposite. The new UI is terrible, i dislikes everything about it. The new bars suck, the castbars suck, the frames suck. Hope there are gonna be vanilla UI mods. Will gonna go for it + my addons to change castbars and im fine again.