Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
    @ LeyrHao

impressed by your UI. It's very distinct...and keeps utility, which must be difficult to accomplish because every UI (including my own) mimic's someone else's. The boarders aren't my taste, but I see how they add flavor to the UI. I have 1 comment and 1 question, though.

comment - you might consider decreasing the height on your action bar frame. It's running into your character info display (crit, spec, etc.). It would look cleaner if that weren't happening, in my opinion.

question - Are you using grid? It appears as if you're able to display more than 1 center icon (for player debuffs and such). If that's the case, what's allowing you to do it?
    Thanks for your comments .

At your suggestion: like I said above I was too lazy to finish the work but I wanted to post it to get some C&C I could use. That one you mention is one of those things I need to readjust. I think I'll just move it somewhere else so I don't need to resize or move the action bar, cause I pretty like the way it is actually.

At your question: I'm using for both, regular frames (solo, target, party, arena, etc) and raid frames the addon named StUF. It's like Pitbull but much more configurable because things aren't tied to the frames themselves, so you can toy with it, place names, icons and stuff anywhere and do pretty things without knowing LUA code. And yes, it allows you to see any number of buffs/debuffs and stuff, you just have to set it. I do a lot of pvp, specially bg's so it helps me really well to dispell and heal (even though I'm feral :P).

Sorry for my terribad English XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Naybe is this
    Thank you that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
    Here is my Disc Priest Healer UI.

Using oUF_Svelte, which I made

And you still should read the tutorial.
    ~ Treeston

what kind of raidframes do you use? they look good

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    @Kardar, it's the raid frames that are part of her oUF layout - oUF_Svelte - which also gives her regular unitframes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My current UI work-in-progress (and out of combat). (this one shows where the party/raid interface would be, but its a little outdated font-wise)

I'm going for a very mellow, unobtrusive look with it, but I also want it to not look boring and plain of course. A lot of the little 1px white lines that connect things together appear/disappear depending on what they're attached to (so the lines going down+across to the target frame aren't there when there is no target).

One thing that I enjoy that is just a bit of "why the hell is that necessary?" is the replacement of the "in combat" icon with the text "combat", and the replacement of the "resting" icon with a "zzz"... I wanted to remove a lot of the icons that I'd see constantly, and those 2 (along with dead/ghost as they're easy to replace as well) are the prime suspects in always being there.

edit: Sorry for no thumbnails, but well... It takes forever to get my PS up and running, and I... I'm lazy! forgive me!
    edit 2: Also, the bulk of those icons in the action bar are macros with no use other than to fill the bars in... so yeah, I'm not level 10 with all those great hunter abilities!
    Last edited by Nipah; 2010-08-14 at 11:58 PM. Reason: additional note

Wowhead Profile ~ When in doubt, shock it out.

any idea what specific addon they are? i would like to have something similar but don't want to download that whole addon pack cause im kinda happy with my ui the way it is (besides how ugly grid2 is)

I would assume oUF (the framework), oUF_Svelte (the layout), and potentially any specific textures, if they are actually seperate.

oh i see. im very new to this and would like to improve my UI a bit more. I really don't like the look of my raidframes, is there any other option to grid2 that any of you guys would recommend for a healer?

A picture of my UI at the moment.

Made it a URL for you.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-15 at 08:36 PM.

Well Grid (the original) is better supported by the community. Though come cataclysm, may well be phased out, much like Pitbull 3 is in the process of.
    VuhDo is an upcoming alternative growing in popularity, because it has most of the functionality that grid obtained from external plugins or addons integrated, so is more consistent.
    Plus most unitframe addons are able to create their own, like Pitbull 4, Shadowed Unit Frames, Stuf, plus several oUF layouts sometimes just for raid frames, or at least should have the option to toggle what you want on or off.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kardar, well, I use Vuhdo for raiding on my Priest and Shaman - I'd previously used Grid for it.

ok thanks for the input. just tried out shadowed unit frames for raiding, looked way better but it wasn't really ideal to heal with i think, but deffo gonna use it if i change to a dps class. going to try out vuhdo later tonight is it alot to config or does it work like out of the box like grid2?

Quote Originally Posted by Nipah View Post
    My current UI work-in-progress (and out of combat). (this one shows where the party/raid interface would be, but its a little outdated font-wise)

I'm going for a very mellow, unobtrusive look with it, but I also want it to not look boring and plain of course. A lot of the little 1px white lines that connect things together appear/disappear depending on what they're attached to (so the lines going down+across to the target frame aren't there when there is no target).

One thing that I enjoy that is just a bit of "why the hell is that necessary?" is the replacement of the "in combat" icon with the text "combat", and the replacement of the "resting" icon with a "zzz"... I wanted to remove a lot of the icons that I'd see constantly, and those 2 (along with dead/ghost as they're easy to replace as well) are the prime suspects in always being there.

edit: Sorry for no thumbnails, but well... It takes forever to get my PS up and running, and I... I'm lazy! forgive me!
    edit 2: Also, the bulk of those icons in the action bar are macros with no use other than to fill the bars in... so yeah, I'm not level 10 with all those great hunter abilities!
    Some ideas. Try changing the 1px white lines to black to make it look more sharp. The text looks a little bit blurry to me, might be just the screenshot. If it is indeed blurry ingame try a pixel font or a different Sans Serif font.

It looks like you are using STUF or Shadowed UF...play a bit more with them, they look lazy and boring. Try switching the Combat text to "C" and Resting to "R".

Remove the keybind text, makes the bottom left look too crowded.

Nice idea with the minimap imo

Try some type of add-on for the objective text.

Other than that is looks decent.

It does have a usable default, but it is a generic one, not spec defaults like grid2 comes with.
    I have yet to play a healer so cannot comment from that perspective.
    While those which come with unitframes can offer some functionality, they rarely offer the same options that dedicated raid frames such as grid/grid2/vuhdo offer.

I've tried to post my ui a few times now, but my posts aren't showing up. Any reason why this is?

There might be a minimum post count before you can post links, that might be related.
    Though I thought it was lower than that you have already reached.

Just tried again. It says a moderator must approve it before its posted. First time I tried was sometime yesterday, so I guess they just haven't got round to it yet.

If you mean posting a UI compilation on a site like wowinterface/curse etc then yes thats a normal process to prevent malicious or other content being spread through that means.
    Never having done it myself I cannot tell you from experience how long that will take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velran View Post
    I've tried to post my ui a few times now, but my posts aren't showing up. Any reason why this is?
    Might've been your low postcount, I dont know how much you need to post links but thats prolly why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velran View Post
    Just tried again. It says a moderator must approve it before its posted. First time I tried was sometime yesterday, so I guess they just haven't got round to it yet.
    The posts got caught by our automated spam filter for some reason. I approved one of them now and deleted the rest. Sorry for the confusion.