New Aura Mastery and imp aura talents

It's a pretty simple question, and one that's probably been asked before... but does the new Aura Mastery ability affect the parts of auras that are generated via talents?

With dual spec hitting live, I'll have a PvP-Ret and a PvE-Ret spec, my PvE ret spec has 11 points that dont seem to provide any bonus in PvE, with the exception of dumping them into holy for Aura Mastery.

First of all, does it multiply OVER talents, or stack with them? Will Ret Aura be doing 250% damage for those 10 seconds, or 300%?

More importantly, during those 10 seconds, will targets affected by my Aura be getting 6% damage and 6% haste? Or just the usual 3%, plus the ret aura damage bonus? If it affects the talent bonuses, it's totally worth it, but if not, it's like a net gain of 1-2k damage every 2 minutes, which means it's virtually invisible.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Aura Mastery and imp aura talents

AM does not affect 2ndary effects like the + healing from devo or the 3% dmg from ret aura.

its pretty much useless for a ret paladin to take and only good for a holy paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    AM does not affect 2ndary effects like the + healing from devo or the 3% dmg from ret aura.

its pretty much useless for a ret paladin to take and only good for a holy paladin.

Can you think of a better use for those 11 talent points that are of any use to a PvE Ret build?

15+ Year Old Account

divine sacrifice is a better option. a better Sacred shield which you can cast on yourself for survivability and longer duration of the shield.

Another question is the wording, it says 'your Concentration Aura' but just says 'all other auras', does this apply to any aura you're affected by? Paladin-only auras? Or just YOUR aura?

Even improved, I would almost never SS myself, although I might cast it on a random other party member in an AoE fight, without SA one of my raid's Paladins keeps me SS'd, we normally run with 4 paladins, so there's really noplace better for her to put it.

15+ Year Old Account

it only works on the aura you are using. i havent tried it with other paladins in a group, but it seems logical to me.

you know that SS also has been changed to a single target?if you have 4 paladins it means only 4 ppl can get it. holy paladins probably wont spec into it because crit in the ret tree.

ulduar has has alot of aoe dmg and ret paladins are always faster in trouble then others because of the recoil dmg they take. putting SS on yourself helps staying alive

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Ah the new version of AM allows you to ignore the 3/3 concentration aura under it pretty much xD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira
    Ah the new version of AM allows you to ignore the 3/3 concentration aura under it pretty much xD
    its not the same.

AM gives you 10sec of silence immunity. you cannot get kicked, pummeled, counterspelled and wont suffer from pushback.

imp concentration reduces the chance you get pushback while getting attacked all the time when using this aura.