Possible to change grid layout based on solo/party/raid

When I am solo I have grid hidden, which I've done with the grid options, which is fine. But when I'm in a 5, 10, 25, and 40 man group I have the grid frames all set up differently, and currently I have a different profile for each option. But I was wondering whether it was possible to set it up so when I am in a group consisting of say 11-25 people it will display my 25 man layout, but as soon as the 26th person joins (eg. Wintergrasp) the layout and size of each frame completely changes.

Re: Possible to change grid layout based on solo/party/raid

I'm pretty sure grid doesn't have that in it's config, but I'm almost sure you could find a plugin for it that does that.

You might just need to update your version. The one I have automatically adjusts for 5-10-25 etc groups.

Hope this helps.

get GridAutoFrameSize

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Grid, by default, can automatically swap between 5-man, 10-man, and 25-man layouts. Sadly, it doesn't know if you're running a 25-man and keeping other people in other raid groups because the DKP addon your running needs it for waitlist, or what, so it doesn't automatically jump to 40-man mode. There MAY be addons for Grid that can do it, but I'm not sure.

I thought that the grids swapping between 5 mans and 10 mans etc. only changed the amount that it shows. GridAutoFrameSize looks like what I need, so I'll give it a go when the servers are up.

I grabbed GridAutoFrameSize, but either it's buggy with 3.1 and doesn't work (unlikely?), it doesn't do what I am after, or I just simply don't know how to configure it.

I can't see anywhere to pick what frame size I want for each raid group, or the position. Because I'm fairly sure that my 25 and 40 man frames are in the same position, but my 5 and 10 man frames are not because they don't take up as much space, so how can I do this? Does the plugin auto pick a frame size and changed it to that? Because that's not really what i'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by Toez
    I grabbed GridAutoFrameSize, but either it's buggy with 3.1 and doesn't work (unlikely?), it doesn't do what I am after, or I just simply don't know how to configure it.

I can't see anywhere to pick what frame size I want for each raid group, or the position. Because I'm fairly sure that my 25 and 40 man frames are in the same position, but my 5 and 10 man frames are not because they don't take up as much space, so how can I do this? Does the plugin auto pick a frame size and changed it to that? Because that's not really what i'm after.
    Okay so, all you want to know is how to make grid show 40 people insted of 25? If so, just right click on the grid minimap icon and hover over layout (I think...) and hover over Raid or Heroic Raid (whichever you're in, you'll have to check each time) and click on 40.

If you want it to automatically turn into a 40man raid when the 26th person enters I'm not sure there's anything that can do that, but it's possible to make a plugin that could do it for you.

If you never do 25man raids then just set heroic raids to 40, same if you never do 10man raids, you can just leave the setting as 40, since grid has this thing where it finds out if you're in a raid, a heroic raid or a party, so as soon as you get into a WG group ask the leader to set it to whatever you never do and change it to 40. Easy!

Yeah nah, I'll just stick to what I'm doing now which is a macro for a different profile each time. But thanks for the help