Thread: Conflag

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Conflag

As much as I would have liked this to be permanent, the nerf so damn obvious.

At least I had 1 whole day of fun running around nuking melee fags to death.

Back to having no burst.. sigh. d:

Sorry Locks, but being OP is strictly reserved for Paladins, Druids and Shamans.

The rest can S a D.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yes conflag got nerfed - but wait we have molten skin ! ftw lolz

well this is what hapend to me 705 resil

lol this is a 10 sec cd

dk's can spamm scourge strike twice in 10 secs. on a 2 sec GC...
    and it crits for the same 8k you took...

its low, today when the patch was out, first thing i done, spec destro, go alterac valley and shoot targets for not less than 11k with conflagrate, and yes, they were a lot. if i saw a target running from me with 15khp, immolate on and my chaos bolt was half casting, the target was already dead late.. and yes, happened a lots of times.

then again, only good on big battlegrounds.. in pve the dps is almost the same as the hybrid 41/30. about the 40/31, well.. gg as it includes conflagrate :P.(not?)

just tested conflag out after the hotfix and i crit it for 11k still soo yea either they didnt do it or somthing wrong lol

WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THAT THEY CAN COME OUT WITH AN ACCEPTABLE NERF IN LESS THAN A DAY BUT THEY CAN'T FIX DK'S AND SHIT UNTIL AFTER THE SEASON IS ALREADY OVER??
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Conflag is fine now. other class can just burst as much with ability combined. If your still complain, do what you told us to do when we were gimped, bring a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by steve80
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1641...reduction.html

there's your nerf... 100% down to 70%
    So has this nerf been applied yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shylah
    lol this is a 10 sec cd

dk's can spamm scourge strike twice in 10 secs. on a 2 sec GC...
    and it crits for the same 8k you took...
    erm dude, its not plague strike that does the big damage for DK's, its spamming Icy touch.

There was a patch yesterday, remember?

15+ Year Old Account

For pvp its okey for a DK to obliterate my 917 resilliance for 7-8k.

Well deserved nerf for warlocks who's only success can be found if teamed with a DK/holy Pala
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

erm dude, its not plague strike that does the big damage for DK's, its spamming Icy touch.
    well this is true...
    but i just wanted to state a random example
    while dks in theory could do a scourge strike twice in 9 (imp. unholy presence) secs
    that does exactly the same dmg as conflagrate does (only that its shadowdmg)
    warlocks get their conflagrate instantly nerfed

while DK stays the same, warlocks get fixed in 24h?

And i am suspect Blizzard stuff that the nerf is only for 30% as they said. Because right now i have approx around 8K conglagrate instead of 15K i had before nerf. So it's not 30%. Maybee i can't see consequences but i think its unfair to locks.

Conflag is indeed a bit too op , doing 25k crits ... wtf :O

I think for us warlocks it is nice though, but still bit exadurated ...
    EverQuest (2000-2002)
    Lineage 2 (2004-2007)
    World of Warcraft (2005-Present)
    Age of Conan (2008-2009)
    AION (2009 - 3m)

Yeah, I was really excited to see big conflag crits. I wish Blizz could have left conflag alone. I know that it my have been a bit overpowered for PvP and prolly needed to be addressed. I know now more than ever that Blizz makes mistakes whether they ever admit to them or not. They had months to look at conflag and then decided to nerf it after the patch in less than one day. I am a pretty leveled headed person but that still pisses me off. I wish they where this quick to catch other problems.

Thanks Blizz for giving us locks some love.......er........nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THAT THEY CAN COME OUT WITH AN ACCEPTABLE NERF IN LESS THAN A DAY BUT THEY CAN'T FIX DK'S AND SHIT UNTIL AFTER THE SEASON IS ALREADY OVER??
    I'm not saying Dk's Pallas didnt need a nerf, as they surely did along with conflag but.....you do understand so as to not risk completely destroying talents, specs and especially tanking abilities, the changes required by dk's and pallas required significant moving around of talents within talent trees?

Something Blizz can only really do within a major patch.

The funny thing is they already had small reactions to fixing conflag. They nerfed the bonus from glyph of immolate, and the immolate bonus from the t8 armor sets so conflag wouldnt get insane. All of EJ had the stating of 0/40/31 up at the top of the list for around 2 months before patch came out. Many people tested it for weeks on the PTR, but apparently that testing is useless. Ignore those weeks of testing and give a knee-jerk nerf within 24 hours on live. Of course, now for pve destro is the worst spec, its very simply "In raids, if you have the chaos bolt button, your doing it wrong". Fun to see a tree going from being viable to not in one immediate nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by redderz
    I'm not saying Dk's Pallas didnt need a nerf, as they surely did along with conflag but.....you do understand so as to not risk completely destroying talents, specs and especially tanking abilities, the changes required by dk's and pallas required significant moving around of talents within talent trees?

Something Blizz can only really do within a major patch.
    Icy Touch increases dmg based on AP, they could have just as easily nerfed the coefficient so that Shadowfrost's dmg wasn't the insanity that it was. Regardless, Blizz has set a dangerous standard now that I sincerely hope they continue to adhere to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombfyre
    The funny thing is they already had small reactions to fixing conflag. They nerfed the bonus from glyph of immolate, and the immolate bonus from the t8 armor sets so conflag wouldnt get insane. All of EJ had the stating of 0/40/31 up at the top of the list for around 2 months before patch came out. Many people tested it for weeks on the PTR, but apparently that testing is useless. Ignore those weeks of testing and give a knee-jerk nerf within 24 hours on live. Of course, now for pve destro is the worst spec, its very simply "In raids, if you have the chaos bolt button, your doing it wrong". Fun to see a tree going from being viable to not in one immediate nerf.
    The same thing happened to Ret paladins when Divine Storm was released. Lots and lots of test data from the PTR for weeks with Divine Storm doing holy damage, then, come release day, Blizzard seemed "surprised" by how much damage it was doing and immediately switched it to physical damage, instantly nerfing it. This is how Blizzard works guys - it's just the way it is.