PvE build for 3.1?

Hey guys! I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not yet, and frankly, I didn't have the time to look. But I was just wondering, which would be a better spec dps wise for 3.1? I was considering either sticking to Affliction with a 53/0/18 Haunt / Ruin spec, or going with a 0/41/30 Felguard / Emberstorm. Or should I consider going deeper into Destruction? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the responses

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvE build for 3.1?

The difference between all 6 possible specs is 500 dps, in fairly decent Ulduar gear.

Pick the one you enjoy the most and master it. I enjoy affliction, despite it being ~100 dps less than 0/40/31 or something similar. That amount of dps won't make or break my playstyle.

And before the people start screaming "Simulationcraft says its 500 dps difference, not 100!!", Simulationcraft is a simulation that relies on a perfect Decimation weave, standing perfectly still. The similarities will become more apparent as moving is introduced and instants such as Conflag or super-powered dot ticks keep going while the Decimation warlock is doing nothing while moving.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvE build for 3.1?

Possible specs, for those interested, in order:

Felguard/Emberstorm
    Meta/Ruin
    Haunt/Ruin
    Meta/Ruin/Demonic Pact
    0/40/31 (Imp/Emberstorm?)
    Chaos Bolt/Demonic Aegis

Link to simcraft data compilation
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...ost_3_1_specs/