Is this the best 41/30 spec?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...5&version=9767

I'm guessing this is the current top Warlock DPS spec (now that Conflag was nerfed)?

Can anyone confirm this? I can't access EJ from this PC.

Rotation:
    CoA --> Corr --> Immolate --> Incinerate --> Incinerate --> Incinerate some more, repeat.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Re: Is this the best 41/30 spec?

I'm trying a spec similar to this actually, but it's 43/28 rather than 41/30. I completely agree that Demonic Tactics is necessary, but I would definately include decimation in your demo part. I took 4% crit from Demonic Tactics over 6% fire damage from Emberstorm, and with this spec, I would think that's the option to go with. On your destruction talents, I think that Cataclysm is not necessary, since you should be using Glyph of LT, and in using LT, you should have no troubles with mana. I would consider grabbing 5/5 imp sbolt instead, throwing one of those on a mob every 30 seconds to give you a bonus 5% crit.

Hope this helps ;D

Well.... RIP 40/31... time to focus on 41/30.

I can see a couple of dps increasing changes to your build.
    See: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...31050000000000

Take Demonic Brutality over healthstone, unless you're the lowest dps lock and requested by your GM to have imp HS.

No need for mana feed atm, replenishment seems to fair him well. If not, its only a 0.5 sec cast (with feldom) to get a full mana bar.

5/5 MD is much more important than 3/3 MC. 2/3 MC is 10% chance, you should have 10 ticks every 12 seconds (4 corruption, 6 CoA), statistically this should be near 100% uptime with 2/3 MC (obviously rng can screw you). 1% damage always > slightly higher MC uptime, it should be up a lot the time anyway. Keep in mind, that extra 1% does stack with the 10% when MC does proc making 5/5 MD a must have.

You'll want the decimation talent, this increases damage significantly in execute range, especially with the amount of health ulduar bosses have keeping them in execute range much longer than in naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by ksem
    2/3 MC is 10% chance, you should have 10 ticks every 12 seconds (4 corruption, 6 CoA), statistically this should be near 100% uptime with 2/3 MC (obviously rng can screw you).
    Statistically speaking that is totally wrong. Please read something about calculation of chances and stuff.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Thanks bbr, great game!

Statistically speaking that is totally wrong. Please read something about calculation of chances and stuff.
    By the nature of RNG, mileage will vary, yes. The RNG is not purely random because it is coded by a computer that uses logic, therefore STATISTICALLY means different than PRACTICALLY. Which is why I said statistically, not practically.

But did I miss something in the simple math that says 10 ticks in 12 seconds at 10% each has the statistical probability of happening at least once every 12 seconds?

As far as I know MC has no internal cooldown and refreshes itself on each proc (i could be wrong here). Therefore without clipping, there will always be 10 ticks (CoA every 2, Corruption every 3). At 10% chance, 10 ticks, on a large enough timeline, should statistically average out to once every 12 seconds.

The exception of course being the first 12 seconds because there isn't already an MC procced until the first one. Also, on fights with movement where Corr and CoA uptime are not maximized, OR if you are using CoE instead of CoA, this is not true. Obviously 100% is not going to happen barely ever, but its statistically POSSIBLE given an ideal situation. I think 2/3 MC works out to be around 85% uptime and above in practical use (I read the workup a long time ago).

What "calculations of chances and stuff" are you referring to? Is it what I addressed? If I'm wrong, then I'm as ready as anyone else to know why, because I don't like spreading misinformation. But, don't insult my research, experience, and simple math without providing a reason it is wrong, how does that help anyone?

Either way, the 5/5 MD is still more important than 3/3 MC, and that is my opinion. Take it or leave it.

By the nature of RNG, mileage will vary, yes. The RNG is not purely random because it is coded by a computer that uses logic, therefore STATISTICALLY means different than PRACTICALLY. Which is why I said statistically, not practically.

But did I miss something in the simple math that says 10 ticks in 12 seconds at 10% each has the statistical probability of happening at least once every 12 seconds?

As far as I know MC has no internal cooldown and refreshes itself on each proc (i could be wrong here). Therefore without clipping, there will always be 10 ticks (CoA every 2, Corruption every 3). At 10% chance, 10 ticks, on a large enough timeline, should statistically average out to once every 12 seconds.

The exception of course being the first 12 seconds because there isn't already an MC procced until the first one. Also, on fights with movement where Corr and CoA uptime are not maximized, OR if you are using CoE instead of CoA, this is not true. Obviously 100% is not going to happen barely ever, but its statistically POSSIBLE given an ideal situation. I think 2/3 MC works out to be around 85% uptime and above in practical use (I read the workup a long time ago).
    Not to disagree with you about the talent, I'm just talking about the 100 % uptime statement. It's just not working like that. But I'm sorry if you took that as an Insult, wasn't my intention.
    I'm no teacher or something and my english isn't that great, so I don't think I could explain it properly; to my knowledge it's called probability theory + expected value or something like that in english.

Still, one try: If you got 50 % crit and you have a talent that gives you +20 % damage after a crit for two hits you are not going to have a 100 % uptime, I think you'd end up somewhere around 75 %. Your crit chance doesn't mean you are going to crit every second hit, it simply means every hit got a 50 % chance to crit. Same for that mc talent, every tick got a own chance of 10 % to proc; it simply doesn't matter if it procced a second before that or whatever.

In turn that also means, that, let's say, on a raidevening where you did 1208901274m damage (Yeah, just some random number. Just think of whatever is the usual number after a long raid :P) that around 10 % of your ticks will have procced that Talent(Law of large numbers). But what if it procced twice in a row, what if it procced just as it still lasts half the time, etc. etc.? That's one of the reasons it simply won't be even close to 100 % uptime.

Maybe someone else could explain it a bit more detailed, I'm really tired and need to go to work now.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Thanks bbr, great game!

2/3 MC is 10% chance, you should have 10 ticks every 12 seconds (4 corruption, 6 CoA), statistically this should be near 100% uptime with 2/3 MC (obviously rng can screw you).

Well, lets do the math--

The equation for the probability of an event happening at least once in N trials is:

P = 1 - (!P)^n

Where P is the probability of the event and !P is the probability of the event not happening.

In this case you state that 10 ticks in 12 seconds at 10% probability per chance should be "near 100%"

P = .10 chance an MC proc per event
    !P = .90 chance of MC not proccing per event

P = 1 - (.9)^10
    P = 1 - 0.3486
    P = 0.6514

The math says that the probability of MC proc'ing at least once in 10 ticks is 65.14%

If you call that "near 100%" then I suppose you're right.