OSShockadin89

Holy PvP Paladin Help!

As the title says Im PvPing as a holy paladin, Ive been holy since vanilla wow and PvP'd more through BC, and Im just starting to get back into it now with Wrath, but, Im a little lost now. I keep hearing you do need Res and you dont need Res, my SP and crit are also rather low, granted Im wearing some pretty low stuff, and I plan to start arenas with the next season. What should my priority be for gemming?

Here is my armory if you were curious to my actual stats, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Dawn&n=Marack

My current spec Im trying out for PvP too. It is hopfully updated from like 5 mins ago, if the belt doesnt show up, its the new plate healing belt from Wintergrasp tokens. ( it didnt show up when I looked) This -> http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46071

Re: Holy PvP Paladin Help!

Depending on what you intend to do you may or may not need that much Resi
    2v2s it helps a lot, as your only real counter is double DPS managing to sit on you with your partner CCed
    Depending on how good your partner is at staying out of CC you can manage with ~half PvE gear
    3v3s and 5v5s you can afford to run a lot less PvP gear

I'd recommend going over to arena junkies, their Pally section is pretty good and has some quite useful tips and information

(You WILL need to PvE to be high rated PvP)

OSShockadin89

Alright, thanks, I'lll looking to it, it's prolly gonna be a 2v2 with a DK friend, and maybe a 3v3 with the same DK and a warrior. I've heard Holy paladin and DK is like, the ultimate combo.

And Ive got decent PvE gear, my paladin was pushed aside for raids after a while 'cause my guild needed a Warlock more ( seriously, we had like, 9 paladins in one raid, and like two locks, Im the only lock now o.O )

while were talking about holy pally for pvp
    and with exo how good is holy pally burst?
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

OSShockadin89

I've been f-ing with it, it looks like it scales better with AP, Ive never looked up the math or anything for it, but I use it to defend myself (Yeah I though of trying shock again )

Since you will need to specc holy/prot now you will need to start caring about your pve-stats (Jotw gave us pretty much unlimited mana before). I´m prolly gonna start geming for int. But, as it been said, check arena-junkies, and try some games. It depends alot of who you are playing with to. I play with warrior, who almost always got nuked before patch, so pve-stats it is!

Resi could be important now when we have to endure stun-locks. We´ll have to wait and see.

OSShockadin89

Thats another thign I was wondering about, going a little off topic, the whole Holy Light build and stacking Int, is that the better thing to do with pVE healing? Or is it just an alternative for healing? I checked my sockets and did the math, Id have lost SP and crit, but I woulda gained about 2k mana, which is a plus I suppose. Maybe Im just missing a part of this Holy Light thing, Im not easily swayed from the FoL spam that Im so used to.

FoL spam is kinda dead. The only time I use it is to spam something while im bored and no one is taking raid damage or to remember the good ol' days of BC.

This is the OP, changed my stuff, but, Im paying closer attention in WG and BGs now, and it seems ( save one ret paladin ) that barely anyone uses PvP gear, so basically, is it just for arenas now, even though you end up using PvE gear too?

people are using pve gear in bgs cause its 3 times easier to get than pvp

just like in tbc everyone raided in arena gear, now everyone pvps in nax welfare epix

Seems true enough, but my Warlock on the other hand is mostly naxx 25 geared, where as my paladin isnt, and my warlock gets deicmated by stuff I'll prolly be seeking warlock help soon :-\