Page 1 of 2
LastLast

In a Debate (Human or Dreanei)

I've been in a huge debate as of lately, and like the subject says that's it...

My main is a Horde Orc shaman, and I've wanted to continue either my Dreanei or Human Paladin, both around Lv 50...

Really, I've been look at these points
    A. Racials
    Dreanei - I enjoy GotN a lot, it saved my butt countless of times in PvE and PvP, and now that it is an instant cast, it really is great. Other then 1% hit, which is great when I'm the only one in a group, I don't see much else.
    Humans - Have of course the PvP trinket, saves a trinket slot for PvP, but I'm debating if it would be better to just get the trinket in the end due to the high resilience it has. 10% Rep bonus is great, but truly dailys are something I do already, and since the rep grind is pretty easy now, I don't see it as strong as it used to. 5 Expertise is about 1% hit from my understanding. Perception is also a decent PvP buff, but most of the time when you end up finding the rogue they already started something. And spirit, well is useless.

B. Looks
    Dreanei - I really love how they look in most sets and armor, the only thing I do not like about them is how they look on mounts, besides their own.
    Human - Over all look great.

C. Lore
    Dreanei - Personally, I love Unbroken, and the little lore that is with the Dreanei. I do not like they do not have no real new lore with WotLK though.
    Human - Tirion Fordring is probably my favorite human characters, from the novel "For Blood and Honor", and I do love the story of Ashbringer.

(Sorry I brought this up from being posted probably thousands of times before, but any input would be grateful thanks.)
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Re: In a Debate (Human or Dreanei)

nothing, and i mean NOTHING beats the human racial. Think about it..you get a free trinket that means you indirectly get (using bandits insignia as an example) an extra 190 attack power and a chance to do some extra dmg. That is something no other racial offers. While the rest of us are forced into wasting a trinket slot for a pvp trinket, you get a shit ton of added stats. As for the draeni racial (I'm a draeni herb/alc) it is nice having the ability to use GotN + arena health potion + lifeblood. I would tell you to go draeni but only if they stuck with the original idea of makin GotN a instant heal not an instant heal over time. For now you still wayyy better off being a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory
    nothing, and i mean NOTHING beats the human racial. Think about it..you get a free trinket that means you indirectly get (using bandits insignia as an example) an extra 190 attack power and a chance to do some extra dmg. That is something no other racial offers. While the rest of us are forced into wasting a trinket slot for a pvp trinket, you get a shit ton of added stats. As for the draeni racial (I'm a draeni herb/alc) it is nice having the ability to use GotN + arena health potion + lifeblood. I would tell you to go draeni but only if they stuck with the original idea of makin GotN a instant heal not an instant heal over time. For now you still wayyy better off being a human.
    I heard somthing quite recently about they may remove that racial, this could be total lies and just roumors, i cant remember, but alot of people complained that it was very OP.

IMO Racial or no racial, Human is the way to go, we look so awesome when we pop wings hehe. We may be the undead rogue of the allaince, but i wouldnt change my character for anythinig

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm
    but I'm debating if it would be better to just get the trinket in the end due to the high resilience it has
    Or go with some of the new Wintergrasp trinkets that has resilience and a use that doesn't conflict with your racial.

I reccomend choosing Draenei over Human. Why?

1. Draenei has this awesome passive presence that everyone seems to overlook
    2. It looks better with full high-end armor (bigger than puny humans)
    3. The instant heal is a big plus
    4. Despite a crazy awesome racial, Every Man for Himself is nearly useless in PvE
    5. Even in PvP, u r likely to get the free movement trinket anyways, for the resil.
    6. Earlier Draenei quests are much more interesting than Humans'

The only BIG BIG win Humans have is their 10% bonus to reps. This is a HUGE plus if ur planning to get 'The Exalted' or 'The Insane'. It saves a lot of money and time.

In PvE, you've also got some extra expertise to consider for human - you'll be looking at 3 expertise against Gift for raiding, so take human for that IMO (ret or prot at least). For PvP I'm not sure, especially with the new WG trinkets. For holy, it doesn't realy matter which you choose. Also, people ignore the prescence as generally you'll have a draenei with you in raids, at least bigger ones.

I enjoy the input I've been getting, but truly I think what throws me away from Dreanei is the lack of involvment in Wrath with the race, it seems as though it was getting good at the end of BC, Sunwell was done, then nothing. I really think that's what has me in the debate.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Draenei might look cooler in gear, but how often do you sit there staring at your character? Someone else might look at you for a second now and then...but I wouldn't think how a race looks in armor should be a factor in choosing who to play.

Dreanei all the way. My main and my main alt are Goats
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][/url[url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][/url

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm
    I've been in a huge debate as of lately, and like the subject says that's it...

My main is a Horde Orc shaman, and I've wanted to continue either my Dreanei or Human Paladin, both around Lv 50...

Really, I've been look at these points
    A. Racials
    Dreanei - I enjoy GotN a lot, it saved my butt countless of times in PvE and PvP, and now that it is an instant cast, it really is great. Other then 1% hit, which is great when I'm the only one in a group, I don't see much else.
    Humans - Have of course the PvP trinket, saves a trinket slot for PvP, but I'm debating if it would be better to just get the trinket in the end due to the high resilience it has. 10% Rep bonus is great, but truly dailys are something I do already, and since the rep grind is pretty easy now, I don't see it as strong as it used to. 5 Expertise is about 1% hit from my understanding. Perception is also a decent PvP buff, but most of the time when you end up finding the rogue they already started something. And spirit, well is useless.

B. Looks
    Dreanei - I really love how they look in most sets and armor, the only thing I do not like about them is how they look on mounts, besides their own.
    Human - Over all look great.

C. Lore
    Dreanei - Personally, I love Unbroken, and the little lore that is with the Dreanei. I do not like they do not have no real new lore with WotLK though.
    Human - Tirion Fordring is probably my favorite human characters, from the novel "For Blood and Honor", and I do love the story of Ashbringer.

(Sorry I brought this up from being posted probably thousands of times before, but any input would be grateful thanks.)
    Had a similar problem.
    So i rolled both Human AND draenei ^^

Im not much of a looks person, but in this case, NO to male draenei xD

Cmon dude, dont choose a space cow. Nothing beats armor sets on a human pala.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Glory
    nothing, and i mean NOTHING beats the human racial. Think about it..you get a free trinket that means you indirectly get (using bandits insignia as an example) an extra 190 attack power and a chance to do some extra dmg.

lol, thats it? L2orc son

but since this is pally discussion do what you want. Humans get a little extra expertise but so do dwarves for ret/prot. Draenei have a small heal but it would be best paired with a priests renew if you ask me. (but now its a direct heal, not a HoT?)

I wouldn't trade in my free 1% hit for anything.

Human just cause of racial's at least in PVP 1 trink slot > 1%hit and a heal

with the WG trink's u can get at least 2% hit and a chance to proc 1k ap i think it is?

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy
    Draenei might look cooler in gear, but how often do you sit there staring at your character? Someone else might look at you for a second now and then...but I wouldn't think how a race looks in armor should be a factor in choosing who to play.
    How many Tauren DPS Warriors do you know, eventhough Orcs have better racials for that spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Im not much of a looks person, but in this case, NO to male draenei xD

Cmon dude, dont choose a space cow. Nothing beats armor sets on a human pala.
    No way ... completely disagree on ths one. Humans hands down have the worst modeling/animations in the game. Especially the males.

... top it off now with all these moronic human males running about with gay blood elf hair styles makes me want to reach through my computer and strangle them.

Quote Originally Posted by banky
    No way ... completely disagree on ths one. Humans hands down have the worst modeling/animations in the game. Especially the males.
    LOL yep. Running Cot1 and Cot4 are especially painfull

I don't see how anyone that isn't a goat fanboy could justify being a Draenei over a Human.

Humans:
    - Sword/Mace spec is amazing for Ret/Prot (3 Expertise, not Expertise rating)
    - Every Man for Himself(PvP trinket) is like having a third trinket for PvP and works in PvE too. Remember the Archimonde fight in Hyjal?? Every other race would be losing a DPS/Healing trinket. Humans just pop this and are G2G.
    - Diplomacy is ridiculously good for rep grinding. This alone can save you hours of grinding per faction.
    - Perception used to be better, but I still pull stealthers out very often. As soon as you see/hear them, DS and they are so busted!!!

Draenei:
    - Gift of the Naaru is an instant cast now and heals for ~4k at level 80. it does benefit from spellpower, so it could heal for more. When raid buffed, Art of War proc'd FoLs crit for well over 4.5k. I'll be ok without GotN.
    - Heroic Presence is hella good for paladins especially going into Ulduar where hit is more valuable. But... Almost every 25man raid group has a Draenei shaman in it.
    - Shadow Resistance is really meh.

Side by side, there is no debate as to which race is better for a ret pally. PvE and PvP, its human hands down.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    - Heroic Presence is hella good for paladins especially going into Ulduar where hit is more valuable. But... Almost every 25man raid group has a Draenei shaman in it.
    1 - Im thinking more about PvE here. Your points for Humans in PvP are irrefutable
    2 - Heroic Presence is Party Wide, not Raid Wide (at least it was pre-3.1, haven't checked)
    3 - If anyone says to me "I don't need to be hit capped so long as I have a Draenei with me", my response would be GTFO. Some times players don't sign up for raids. In encounters, even Space Goats can die, etc. The only way to insure you get the 1% hit buff is if YOU are the Space goat

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    1 - Im thinking more about PvE here. Your points for Humans in PvP are irrefutable
    2 - Heroic Presence is Party Wide, not Raid Wide (at least it was pre-3.1, haven't checked)
    3 - If anyone says to me "I don't need to be hit capped so long as I have a Draenei with me", my response would be GTFO. Some times players don't sign up for raids. In encounters, even Space Goats can die, etc. The only way to insure you get the 1% hit buff is if YOU are the Space goat
    Oops. You're right. I never really looked because I have always had a Draenei DK. Just assumed it was raid-wide. My bad.
    In looking at the new T8 gear, it has quite a bit more +hit on it and so do the other plate drops in Ulduar. I just don't see how the extra hit would be needed by anyone that is considering raiding on their ret pally.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD