Thread: Priest Macros

Priest Macros

Priest Macros:

There are a lot of places to find macros, but I felt it might be helpful for some to have a compiled list. These are some of the macros I use. I hope others will list their macros in an effort to have a good source of information. I use mostly mouseover macros to heal as they work well with Grid.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro is a great site if you are not familiar with macros and it’s a nice read.

Layout of this thread will be: Actual Macro followed by a brief description of the macro.

/cast [button:2] Prayer of Fortitude; Power Word: Fortitude
    This macro allows for left click Power Word: Fortitude and right clicking it will cast Prayer of Fortitude. Also works for Divine Spirit and Shadow Protection.

/cast [harm] Holy Fire; [target=targettarget, harm] Holy Fire
    This macro will cast Holy Fire like normal if targeting an enemy, but if targeting a friendly target it will cast Holy Fire on your targets target (providing it’s hostile). Great for healers in Arenas especially 2s and also for throwing some extra dps while targeting MT. Works for other offensive spells also.

/clearfocus [modifier:alt][target=focus,dead][target=focus,help][target=focus,noexists]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead

This macro clears focus then sets your target to focus. It then casts Shackle Undead on your focus. It reshackles the target until its dead or you hold down alt and cast it.

/cast [target=focus, exists] [target=mouseover, harm] [] [target=targettarget, harm] Mana Burn
    This Mana Burns in the following order: Focus, mouseover, target, target of target.

/use Conjured Mana Strudel
    /use Honeymint Tea
    /use Kungaloosh
    /use Star's Sorrow

Drinks water in the following order: Mana Strudel, Honeymint Tea, Kungaloosh, then Star’s Sorrow. This will always drink Star’s Sorrow in Arena.

/cast [nomodifier:alt,target=mouseover,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,help,nodead][nomodifier:alt,target=targettarget,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,target=player][modifier:alt,target=player] Flash Heal
    This casts Flash Heal in the following order: mouseover, target, targets target, self. Holding alt will always cast it on you.

/stopcast
    /cast [target=mouseover,nodead,help][target=target, nodead,help] Renew
    /cast [target=mouseover,nodead,harm][target=target,nodead,harm] Shadow Word: Pain

This casts Renew on a friendly mouseover first, then friendly target if you have no mouseover. If mouseover is hostile it casts SW:P on them, if you have no mouseover and your target is hostile it casts SW:P on them

/cast [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm] Shadowfiend
    /petattack [harm][target=targettarget,harm]

Casts Shadowfiend on Target if hostile, if target if friendly then it casts it on targets target. I mainly use it on boss fights while keeping tank targeted.

#showtooltip Speckled Tastyfish
    For tracking speckled tastyfish in the fishing tournament.

/dismount
    /cast [target=player] Levitate

Dismounts and immediately casts Levitate on you. Great for areal kills.

/stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast Mind Sear

Won’t clip Mind Sear while you’re casting it.

/cast Resurrection
    /say Resurrecting %t

Resurrects your target and announces it.

/use Spirit-World Glass
    /cast Inner Focus

Use Spirit-World Glass then cast Inner Focus

/cast !Mass Dispel
    Keeps the Green targeting circle when spamming mass dispel.

/cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead][] Penance
    Mouseover Penance if you have mouseover, if not casts it like normal. Also what I use for dispel.

I hope these macros help some people out and hopefully others will add to the list.

All relevant macros are welcome.

*edit* added penance/dispel mouseover macro

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Priest Macros

Nice list man. Got to use about two of those. I'll log-in and see any I have as a Disc Priest.

If you want to show the tooltip of the skill you have macro'd when you mouse over it, just put:

#showtooltip (spell name)

without the brackets.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    If you want to show the tooltip of the skill you have macro'd when you mouse over it, just put:

#showtooltip (spell name)

without the brackets.
    Personal preference really, I don't like tooltips unless its a spell i don't keybind. But absolutely correct that will show the tooltip. The ? icon will automatically choose the spell icon if you want to save some time also.

I was hoping for a shadow priest to post a few good ones also, but haven't seen any yet. :-X

Nice thread.

And while we are here I would like to ask for help about a macro.

Since penance now can heal yourself I find good use for it to heal myself in pvp.
    But I often got a enemy in my target and that makes me waist ALOT of channels on attack him instead of healing myself :P

Any1 got a good macro to sort this? I mean penance doesn't do any good dmg anyway so.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    I was hoping for a shadow priest to post a few good ones also, but haven't seen any yet. :-X
    #showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast Shadowfiend
    /cast [pet,nomodifier] Shadowcrawl

This will summon your Shadowfiend, and clicking it again will make him cast Shadowcrawl (for some reason it does not automatically cast)

You can modify the Shadowfiend macro that Blitond posted to contain the pet skill as well if you like.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehto
    Nice thread.

And while we are here I would like to ask for help about a macro.

Since penance now can heal yourself I find good use for it to heal myself in pvp.
    But I often got a enemy in my target and that makes me waist ALOT of channels on attack him instead of healing myself :P

Any1 got a good macro to sort this? I mean penance doesn't do any good dmg anyway so.
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead][] Penance
    The above Penance macro is what I would recommend if you use keybindings. You can cast penance on anyone no matter who your targeting through mousing over their frame. It works well both offensively and healing.

/cast [help] Penance; [target=player] Penance

Completely healing penance. If your target is friendly it will cast Penance on them, if hostile on yourself. In case you just NEVER wanted to use Penance as an offensive spell.

/cast [button:2,target=player] Penance; Penance
    This one is good if your a clicker. Left click is penance like normal, in case you need it for offensive purposes. Right click penance yourself.

I hope these help. I didn't test these out except a few minutes on targeting dummy so let me know if they don't work.

OPie > macros, for buffing.

that addon looks sweet, must download now.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

thanks blitond
    very helpful for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Thx, I think I stick to this one. Penance barely do any dmg anyway.
    And this will work good for me if it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond

/cast [help] Penance; [target=player] Penance

Completely healing penance. If your target is friendly it will cast Penance on them, if hostile on yourself. In case you just NEVER wanted to use Penance as an offensive spell.

Few of mine

MF + Shadowcrawl
    Code:
    /cast Mind Flay
    /cast [pet] Shadowcrawl
    Spirit, Stam and SR buffing
    Code:
    #showtooltip Prayer of Shadow Protection
    /cast [button:2]Prayer of Shadow Protection; Shadow Protection
    -
    #showtooltip Prayer of Fortitude
    /cast [button:2]Prayer of Fortitude; Power Word: Fortitude
    -
    #showtooltip Prayer of Spirit
    /cast [button:2]Prayer of Spirit; Divine Spirit
    Mass Dispell without loosing circle
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mass Dispel
    /cast !Mass Dispel
    Dk Shackle
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shackle Undead
    /target Ebon Gargoyle
    /cast Shackle Undead
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    OPie > macros, for buffing.
    I tried OPie, but didn't like it that much. To be honest I didn't spend alot of time tinkering with its options, which might have been my problem. It was a really cool addon, but it felt clunky when trying to rebuff in combat. I did love it for quest items though and might try it again.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xnzz
    Spirit, Stam and SR buffing
    #showtooltip Prayer of Shadow Protection
    /cast [button:2]Prayer of Shadow Protection; Shadow Protection
    -
    #showtooltip Prayer of Fortitude
    /cast [button:2]Prayer of Fortitude; Power Word: Fortitude
    -
    #showtooltip Prayer of Spirit
    /cast [button:2]Prayer of Spirit; Divine Spirit
    With this macro you press only one button for three buffs?

If I'm understanding correctly, that's three different macros.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shiroii
    If I'm understanding correctly, that's three different macros.
    well, whats the point of tht macro then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylie
    well, whats the point of tht macro then?
    Only one button per buff. Simply use other button if you want it single target not for group/raid.

My OPie does all buffs for 1 button ;-)