Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Priests mana regen in Ulduar, moar feedback!

This is my Armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hoof&n=Elegans

My Holy priest is my alt that I geared up to mostly 25-man gear. Not BiS or anything but lucky enough in 25man PuGs that she got stuff. I went in to Ulduar10 with a solid group and had very little problems in terms of mana. Obviously I outgear the place, but even if I were in 10-man gear I don't think I'd be in a bad spot. I ended most fights with a very comfortable level of mana. And as players above me have commented, I've found it's less an issue of healers going OOM so much as certain situations throwing out so much damage at once that you don't quite keep up.

I haven't gotten all the way in (10/14) but thus far at least Holy priests are in a fine place in Ulduar10. I believe Hard modes will force me to trim some of my slack (sloppy overhealing mainly) but such is to be expected.

my armory:
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...j&n=Blueranger

Alot more fun to heal now with having hasted Prayers of Healing in the rotation.

Actually having to use the regen cooldowns you have makes the fights alot more fun too

Shifted some crit gear for haste (Was at around 25 crit before and 5 haste vs 23 crit and 10 haste now)

Armory seems odd to me, not taking spec into account (It lists holy crit as 18)

I have 2401 Spell Power self buffed, I'm kinda trying to max it for Circle of Healing and Prayer of Healing.

On last Deconstructor I did 25% of the healing with 7 healers, twice as much as the second (a pally)

And even on that try I didn't go oom.

Shadow Fiend before Blood Lust + Hymn of Hope = Sick regen

Tried disc too, and as I'm not used to it nearly as much as holy I am a bit more careless with my mana and do go oom, but spamming shields is fun as hell

All in allm, healing is a bit more challenging now, and I love it after the snooze fest that is Naxx

Deleted

I havent gone further in ulduar then loot leviathan, but hearing stories about aoe damage I think it is comparable to malygos.

I'm a disco priest, healing together with a holy paladin, and we usually do it without replenishment. At the end of phase 2 I am defenatly oom, and struggle throughout entire phase 2, sometimes we bring a resto druid or holypriest instead of the holy paladin, but they are oom faster then me, making me pop HoH, not for me but for them, and they appreciate it.

I'm pretty glad with the changes to manaregen, we have to think again for once.

Our mana had to be nerfed no mather what, we are already at infinite mana in an entry level raid, if we are again at infinite mana at the end of ulduar I think damage will go up or they could make more fights like general vezax, because nerfing leveling priests even more is just not acceptable.

I'm a Shadow Priest, but I'm always aware of how the healers are doing. We have two Holy Priests and one Disc Priest and they've yet OOM on any encounter.

One thing worth pointing out is that our Disc Priest likes to 'raid heal' by putting a Power Word: Shield on every single person in the raid. He somehow never runs out of mana and never calls for an Innervate or Mana Tide, which leads me to believe there might be some bug with Rapture.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    and we usually do it without replenishment.
    You are quite brave...

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    I'm a Shadow Priest, but I'm always aware of how the healers are doing. We have two Holy Priests and one Disc Priest and they've yet OOM on any encounter.

One thing worth pointing out is that our Disc Priest likes to 'raid heal' by putting a Power Word: Shield on every single person in the raid. He somehow never runs out of mana and never calls for an Innervate or Mana Tide, which leads me to believe there might be some bug with Rapture.
    Right now, there is. If they all burst at the same time (razorscale), he gets mana from each of them. If they lag behind though, then he's screwed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper

It's not really a bug, I've tried speccing disc for AoE healing on fights with predictable high damage AoEs (Deconstructor, Ignis, Cat Lady and Hodir come to mind)

You can literally spam shield with the GCD being 1 second on ~15 people before an AoE ability, causing all these shields to absorb the damage and giving you back 6-9k mana from rapture if done correctly.

This strategy is easy to abuse so I think it will be nerfed soon :P

Now I just need some way to measure the absorbed damage so I can get my position on the meters

I don't get how you can do this on Razorscale though, as there isn't any predictable AoE damage, but I do spec disc on Razor as it's a single target healing fight

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    and we usually do it without replenishment.
    A raid with no hunters, shadowpriests or retribution paladins?

What, you bring 6 moonkins to make up for them? Or ask your dps to raid with 14% hit?

lol.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    A raid with no hunters, shadowpriests or retribution paladins?

What, you bring 6 moonkins to make up for them? Or ask your dps to raid with 14% hit?

lol.
    It's on tenman, all our priests are healers, survival hunter is quite a slacker, and so is our loner retpaladin. and our warlocks/mages refuse to spec deep destro/frost.

Having no replenishment makes it all the more fun

Remember that Hymn of Hope increases your mana pool by 20% briefly, so if you're really in need of mana, pop your shadowfiend before using it (you will get more mana back because of your increased mana pool). This is effectively the "reset button" for Priests--using both cooldowns in conjunction with each other makes them more powerful.

I raid as holy annd have cleared everything up to Yogg in the current content patch. As it stands right now no holy priest should be going oom at all during and fight, except for General Vezax of course. At the very most a shadow fiend will be used because your carrying other healers in your raid or one or two have died. Or if you are going oom it could just be that your gear is not top notch thats all.

The changes to holy priests have actually increased our effiecency and longevity in my experience thus far. the only fight where I may pop hymn of hope and a mana fiend in is Mimiron due to P2 being a bitch to heal and most just spam PoH and CoH to proc haste trinkets.

My int is sitting at 1040 spell power at 2317 mp5 while casting 306 and holy crit at 21% unbuffed. I primarily raid heal and ot heal, sometimes pulling MT healing as well and have no issues.

I raid as Disc now. Mainly focus on tanks but I tend to help with raid healing with PW:S and PoM's. We have cleared up to Auriaya now. Haven't really had oom problems in these fights. I usually use Inner Focus on every cd, Power Infusion goes usually to caster dps (sometimes use as my self if I see oncoming oom). I use the new hyms in every fight just for the fun of those and to help raid. Nothing more fun to see Divine Hymn heal over 60k total.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmassacre
    I raid as holy annd have cleared everything up to Yogg in the current content patch. As it stands right now no holy priest should be going oom at all during and fight, except for General Vezax of course. At the very most a shadow fiend will be used because your carrying other healers in your raid or one or two have died. Or if you are going oom it could just be that your gear is not top notch thats all.
    Not really, people shouldn't understimate the Overhealing, plus, the "Mana regen" thread as this one must come in pair with the amount of heal you do; Is pretty useless never going OOM and ending up 5th-6th in the healing meters, if you are not Discipline.

If you end a fight with 80% of the mana, simply means you slacked too much, and you could have ended up with 1% of it, but having healed more.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Not really, people shouldn't understimate the Overhealing, plus, the "Mana regen" thread as this one must come in pair with the amount of heal you do; Is pretty useless never going OOM and ending up 5th-6th in the healing meters, if you are not Discipline.

If you end a fight with 80% of the mana, simply means you slacked too much, and you could have ended up with 1% of it, but having healed more.
    Actually I never go oom and am always 2nd or 3rd on effective healing done. Learn to heal properly and you will never have mana issues.

Also, if your raiders are better they avoid more damage and let you regen more

I'm disc healing and did Iron Council last night on 10man.

I'm not the best geared as i still have some heroic loot, but I used my hymn of hope, shadowfiend (twice?) and used a Mana Tide totem (Used Hymn of Hope at the same time, went from 30% to full mana after Hymn's effect went off), used no mana pots.

Ended with like 10% mana on a successful attempt.

Ending a fight with 50%+ mana doesnt makes you a better healer, imo... It just means that you slacked

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

I strongly disagree with the "slacking" comments about how much mana you end with. I raid as Holy in 10-mans and have done up to Mimiron (I think I posted somewhere else in this thread) and have ended most fights with a rather comfortable level of mana, despite being fairly aggressive in my healing. First time was with a Disc Priest and Resto Druid, the second with a Holy Paladin and Resto Druid. What I care about is fulfilling my assignments, the jobs that Holy priests are best at, and not rushing around trying to step on other people's toes.

-Resto Druids use HoTs (big surprise there). Being aware of who has HoTs on them and who doesn't saves you a lot of wasted healing. Wild Growth in particular does an incredible amount of healing if people have the time to be healed by it.

-Paladins and Disc priests are superior to Holy when it comes to tank healing. I'm great at swooping in with a 3xSerendipity Gheal when the tank gets low, but for just basically stabilizing I'm not that great. I keep my Renew, my PoM, and the occasional Surge of Light going toward the tank but Holy priests excel at large heals rather than small stabilizing ones.

-Healing single targets that are down ~4k is again something that Holy only does alright. If you have Surge of Light procced it's a great way to use it, but again there are other classes/specs that do cheap light heals better.

These are all situations where I specifically do not heal because there's no point. So far in Ulduar it's a lot more important to keep people topped off than in previous content given the respectably high level of unavoidable raid damage. But ultimately raid healing is being part of a team and working with the other healers rather than try to show them up.

How are you a slacker if you end with more mana?

You can't always heal more than you do, I rarely stop spamming my spells and usually keep CoH and Prayer of Mending on cooldown and throw in hasted prayers and gheal when needed.

But I also balance my regen cooldowns and only go oom if the stupid fiend dies (Curse him!)

And the amount of healing you can do depends on how good your raiders are and the gear of your raiders.

Hell, first Deconstructor try this week we had a druid that did 600k(!) damage to the raid with light bomb, do you really think it's better if we heal that damage or we adapt and let him stand outside the raid? (Our strategy consists of bunching up and moving like lightning, usually we only get 1-2 ticks on the group)

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

I am not a priest, but try to keep tabs on the healing scene. We're very light on healing priests, so I am curious to see how the changes to regen have changed things, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithip
    I'm disc healing and did Iron Council last night on 10man.

I'm not the best geared as i still have some heroic loot, but I used my hymn of hope, shadowfiend (twice?) and used a Mana Tide totem (Used Hymn of Hope at the same time, went from 30% to full mana after Hymn's effect went off), used no mana pots.

Ended with like 10% mana on a successful attempt.

Ending a fight with 50%+ mana doesnt makes you a better healer, imo... It just means that you slacked

I don't agree with the 50%+ mana means you slacked, especially in 10mans. 10 man Iron Council (Steelbreaker last) is an absolute joke. Yogg (10m) with two Watchers is extremely easy as well. We cleared the entire instance (Ulduar 10) using two healers (resto druid / resto shaman). For this particular fight, I was assigned to tank heal the Steelbreaker and Runemaster tank. Mana was never an issue and I finished the fight with a huge chunk of my mana pool left.

I am curious to know what your healing setups were like. Were you running with 2/3 healers for 10m? Were you attempting hard modes for any of the 25m content? If so, what was your healing setup like?

oke done so far every boss in ulduar uptop genral vezax wich is the only fight where the mana regen doesnt count as there aint any im a holy priest atm and used to be disc got both gears to the max but i did not stack spirit back in the days as i believed it wasnt pro enough and wenn i heared that 3.1 would gimp the spirit and mana regen i laughed my ass off that i done well on picking my gear .. in ulduar i got arround 4.5k hps on most fights and in 25 man i can get up to 5.9 6.1k hps (love those 59k PoH's )

all i whant to say is if you stacked spirit in naxx 25 man .. go back and get other gear with less spirit on it (look me up on the armory Alineara on Hellscream EU)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)