affliction,affliction,afflictionx2

i tried all the top specs on elitest might just be my gear 4/5 val turning tide.but affliction still seems best dps for ulduar i mean.

1.more health back=more survival
    2.DOTS CRIT= OP
    3.with glyphs this spec is amazing still maybe better
    4. ROTATION A 3 Y/O COULD DO.

if your guild is downing bosses in uld. and you think any diff. id love to hear your prospective otherwise affl. is still the best raid dps spec IMO.

armory me Søurdiesel Alt 0248 for the o

Re: affliction,affliction,afflictionx2

I'm still out dpsing an equally geared affliction lock in our guild using 0/40/31. Thats not saying much since the two of us are now 8th and 9th place respectively on meters (coming from the two of us being 1st 2nd or 3rd in 3.0 on every fight regardless of movement/RNG/etc).

im top dps with 0/40/31 aswell...
    Also i see top10 world guilds locks speccing deep destro any1?

I think the coolest thing about WOTLK is that locks dont HAVE to spec a specific way to raid. Gone are the days of 0/21/40 only.
    Blizz said that they wanted all the trees to be viable for PvE and you know what, they are. As much critism as they get about messing us about with constant buff/nerf cycles they really have succeeded in this respect.

There is no dominant PvE spec at the moment. This will probably change with gear improvement etc etc but right now you can play whatever spec you enjoy playing the most. I personally think that's pretty nice

I am an Affl-lock and am doing *comparably with the rest of the raid* almost identical damage in 3.1 as I was in 3.0. In VoA on the release night (which we did cos Ulduar was just one big loading screen) I was top on both bosses.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

My afflic dps is completely wank in ulduar compared to being top of the meters before. And I can't seem to figure out why yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboteckel
    My afflic dps is completely wank in ulduar compared to being top of the meters before. And I can't seem to figure out why yet.
    my aff dmg is just fine i would say, but i have dualspec aff/dest and it's soo cool.
    once fight has lots of adds or rapid target changes dest > aff but if it's single target nuking aff > dest

So far in our guild we have killed 5 bosses in Ulduar, and apart on XT-002 Ladybot, on which rogues apparently rock real hard, the locks were #1->#5 on dps charts constantly, topping Assembly of Iron and Kologarn by a fair ammount.
    Right now, me (affliction) and the 41/30 lock are preety equal on damage, whether as the rDps build lock (meta/destro) is following closely.

As for a perspective on affli3.1 and affli 3.0>3.0.8 I'd say that even if the damage is just slightly lower, critting dots makes up for the fun part of playing.
    In the end, it's not about what build does most dps, but the build you enjoy playing, and if played well, every build has the potencial of being the top build. Numerical value differences of certain builds against others are but minimal, and I think Blizz has done a good job with equalizing builds' potencial damage.

I go with 3/14/54 Destro build. This is of course the Incinerate build. I payed for dual spec and switch between it and 53/0/18 all the time to try and figure out which one is doing better. My destro build always seems to come up on top by 300-400 dps. On our first downing of Deconstructor 10m I was doing ~4800 dps while our rogue was 4500ish. I don't know why, but I cannot get affliction to match in DPS, even though all the numbers say it should do more.

My afflic dps seems to have gone done by a couple hundred dps. I used to be able to pull 5k on patchwerk type fights but I'm pulling 6-700 less on fights like ignis where I'm just standing in the middle and maxing out on the boss. Some of this is his flame jets but I'm pretty sure that's not all of it.
    Also seems like destro and demo specs got a lil' buff relative to afflic.

warlocks have always scaled AMAZINGLY with gear, so only time will tell which spec will rule supreme..

My money is on Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by sno0zer
    My afflic dps seems to have gone done by a couple hundred dps. I used to be able to pull 5k on patchwerk type fights but I'm pulling 6-700 less on fights like ignis where I'm just standing in the middle and maxing out on the boss. Some of this is his flame jets but I'm pretty sure that's not all of it.
    Also seems like destro and demo specs got a lil' buff relative to afflic.
    u cant really match patchwerk dps to any other fight. because the faster u kill patchwerk the higher ur dps is. my guilds 10/14 ulduar and im top 5, sometimes first on some fights sometimes 8th 9th 10th. it really depends on what boss, Hodir for example, your switching between targets to break the NPCs out the iceblocks all the time and moving around constantly, patchwerk is standstill and go all out. ignis u get flame jets and can get put into slag pot. playing as 3/51/17
    Twilight Vanquisher Lolitsalan

Quote Originally Posted by Turboteckel
    Well there are a few reasons why your dps could be lower then your own expectations. (or the EJ calc )
    First point as more people already stated, it totally depends per fight. Where as XT is a pretty static fight for a lock, Ingis already changes that, then you go Kologarn and its pretty static again.. etc etc. Lots of movement = dps loss. There are ofcourse a few little tricks to do running and maximizing your dps while running etc. Try to time running and refreshing dots. Its not much, but every bit helps.

Second point, affliction spec changed a bit. Is your spec still the best you can have? I've seen "not so smart" warlocks with the most silly specs and they complained their dmg was lower then before.. so unless you provide an armory link thats something that we cant analyze.

Lastly, seeing im lazy and dont wanna type too much. Raid setups also affect your dps a lot. Maybe 3.1 changed your raids a bit and there is less benifit for you?

There are many reasons, perhapse the new easy rotation is whack for you and you gotta learn to work with it. Perhapse you are using shit glyphs or whatever.. many many reasons. We can still top the dps meter. But another very important thing to never forget. Topping dps meter is so fun.. but ulduar atm is progression raids.. (for most of us at least) doing a bit less dmg, but not dying and helping the raid/guildies to kill a (new/hard) boss >>>>>>> doing 100 dps more then that superduper buffed other class which is clearly so OP

Curious what kind of numbers 53/0/18 spec is pulling on the test dummies with no flasks or elixirs.

Also waht should i be expecting for dps when boss is above 25% health?

here is my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ore&n=Demaworc

15+ Year Old Account

Top warlocks are speccing deep destro for the burst. Adds = burst requirement. Trash = burst requirement. Affliction takes ~9 seconds to reach full damage potential, every other build takes about 3 or less, depending on your goals for that target. Destro is not half bad at sustained damage, but when your success hinges on how fast adds die, such as Yogg, burst is key. Small boss dps loss < HUGE ADD DPS INCREASE

Affliction is the easy way to get better dps. It continues to hit while transitioning. However, if you know your stuff and can maximize your output and minimize your movement on every fight, then you can do well with any spec.

If you are in the middle of the pack now, then you need to look at % of damage done. If you are in the middle and EVERYONE does 5% of total damage, then you are exactly where you should be. If you do 5% and everyone else is doing 4% or 8%, then you are doing something wrong or are completely outgeared. Some guilds passed gear to lowbies to bring the guild up, assuming the people at the top had everything they needed for the moment.

R.I.P. YARG