15+ Year Old Account

Shockadin Viable PvP Spec again?

With the change to exo aswell as many of the extra damage to seal/judgement abilitys in the holy tree, would a spec like this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=053521500002132501005050200000000000000000000000000005230051223001000000000000&gl yph=000000000000&version=9767 be viable for pvp?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ve-Starstalker
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Light-Strider
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Iron-Hoof-Bio
    image of natyve coming soon
    Fryloc pic is avatar want to use him for most RPs since playing a girl is fkn hard as a guy

Re: Shockadin Viable PvP Spec again?

lets see
    Judgement : 8 second cooldown (at best)
    Holy Shock : 5 second cooldown (at best)
    Exorcism : 15 second cooldown

not too mention judgements dmg was nerfed and I'd say, it hasn't been and never will be viable so stop thinking it will be/is

yah shockadin is never gonna be a viable spec unless they give us a talent that has no cooldown for DPS. other then that ur tryin to throw out a judge for 1 - 1.5 k.. exorcism for maybe 2k.. and holy shock for 4k. now thats a nice burst but u gotta wait 15 whole seconds to throw that full burst again.. and in the mean time ur goin oom from holy shockin and judgin and doin no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by modrn
    yah shockadin is never gonna be a viable spec unless they give us a talent that has no cooldown for DPS. other then that ur tryin to throw out a judge for 1 - 1.5 k.. exorcism for maybe 2k.. and holy shock for 4k. now thats a nice burst but u gotta wait 15 whole seconds to throw that full burst again.. and in the mean time ur goin oom from holy shockin and judgin and doin no damage.
    Obviously you need a talent with no cooldown to dps. Just look at ret.

Want to DPS?

GO

FUCKING

RET!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

While I'm inclined to agree with the previous poster, if I *were* to want to have a shockadin spec, I would be likely to do something like this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...=161017040602&

Possibly pulling points out of Fanaticism, AoW, and JotW to get down to Holy Guidance. I think the points in ret give a little more flexibility and breathing room whereas putting them in holy would increase the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    lets see
    Judgement : 8 second cooldown (at best)
    Holy Shock : 5 second cooldown (at best)
    Exorcism : 15 second cooldown

not too mention judgements dmg was nerfed and I'd say, it hasn't been and never will be viable so stop thinking it will be/is
    Exorcism at best would be 10 seconds.
    Judgement damage wasn't nerfed, only SoB/M and it was swapped over to the seal component.

Judgement damage was nerfed for shockadins in 3.0

If you really want to try and be a Shockadin, just go standard Holy, it really doesn't make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    Obviously you need a talent with no cooldown to dps. Just look at ret.
    lol ur bad. If you seriously think that Shockadin can put out nething close to a ret pally ur retarded. There damage isnt based on SP like a shockadin. Shockadin in full PvE arnt puttin out NETHING close to what a ret pally is.. thus we need a spell with no CD like frostbolt, shadow bolt etc.. but way to not add nething productive to the convo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    I think one thing people need to realize before they post is he is asking for a pvp spec, not a pve spec, Shockadins will never be viable in pve, but in pvp im sure they have there moments, the ability to heal good and do strong burst is what a shockadin is anyways.
    A burst which relied more on the fact that judgment was off the GCD and an engineering trinket.

No, exorcism does not give the type of burst you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    I think one thing people need to realize before they post is he is asking for a pvp spec, not a pve spec, Shockadins will never be viable in pve, but in pvp im sure they have there moments, the ability to heal good and do strong burst is what a shockadin is anyways.
    I do realize what he is asking

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=053520500020132531005050200000000000000000000000000005230050203200000000000000&gl yph=161023000000&version=9767

is probably the best shockadin spec, which has a) no cc, which you need for pvp end of story. b) no big quick healing, without IoL (which if you took would limit your max burst to 10 yard range, which is another big thing for a caster in pvp, the ablity to burst from range) doing a cast FoL to HS crit to insta FoL is not possble so healing through huge burst could EASILY become a problem. C) damage mitigatoin for you and partner outside of bubbles. this doesn't have that either and is a HUGE sellig point of paladins in pvp. and D) if you are a paladin you can only do one thing at a time, ie if you are dpsing you can't be healing and vice versus, using GCDs to dps then trying to switch for a clutch heal gets iffy since the other team will be waiting for you to go mid burst rotation to pump your partner full of dmg (since you will be in the middle of a GCD and not able to heal).