Damage Reduction Tests (BoSanc, Vigilance, Renewed Hope, Imp RF, Ardent Def.)

Ok. I've seen some confusion on what stacks with what in regards to Damage Reduction abilities in 3.1.

Here is the lowdown.

(1)BoSanc and Vigilance DO NOT stack.
    (2)Renewed Hope, BoSanc, Imp Righteous Fury, Glyph of Divine Plea, and Argent Defender DO INDEED stack. Each DR% is taken off after the other is applied.
    (3)Renewed Hope & Vigilance DO INDEED stack. Each DR% is taken off after the other is applied.

Argent Defender's 30% DR takes its percentage off the damage AFTER the DR from buffs are applied.

Below are the numbers as they stack on a Prot Pally. He has 6% passive(spell) DR, so the baseline is lower to start. I used Penance as a baseline because it has only a 1point damage spread.

799 :BASELINE
    776 :BoSanc (OR Vigilance)
    753 :BoSanc + Renewed Hope
    708 :BoSanc + Renewed Hope + Imp Righteous Fury
    495 :BoSanc + Renewed Hope + Imp Righteous Fury + Ardent Defender

Once we get the new Glyph of Divine Plea, I will test this as well.
    UPDATE: Glyph of Divine Plea has been tested and does stack with all other DR effects.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion I have seen on numerous forums.

Re: Damage Reduction Tests (BoSanc, Vigilance, Renewed Hope, Imp RF, Ardent Def.)

any chance you've gotten the glyph yet?

Don't mean for this to be a necro, but I haven't had time to sit down with one of my guild's prot pallies to test this.

being that the only prot pally in my guild that has the glyph is my alt. and the only level 80 priest in my guild is me, can't really manage it so well :/

Re: Damage Reduction Tests (BoSanc, Vigilance, Renewed Hope, Imp RF, Ardent Def.)

I think this should be stickied, this is a very popular question and everyone I ask says something different.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

This didn't get much response initially on this forum. However, there seems to be a little more interest in it.

I will conduct the Divine Plea glyph test today and incorporate it into the figures. I will also re-test all other figures to make sure nothing has been stealth-nerfed.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I won't sticky this. We have more than enough stickies.

When you have updated it with numbers for DP, etc., i will copy it into the "[Priest] Information & Changes" thread.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Pardon my bumping of this oldie but...

Just saw someone link this in a thread when someone was trying to say that these effects don't stack. I was wondering if you have intentions of updating this still Spiritus?

Would be nice for this to be added to the priest info sticky still too, at the very least just the list of what stacks.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

I did not keep the numbers, but I did another test and everything still stands as before.

(1) All DRs stack (including glyph of divine plea) with each other EXCEPT Bosanc & Vigilance.
    (2) DRs are NOT additive. First, a hit is reduced by armor, then by DR effects. Then, each DR effect is taken off after the other is applied.

This is current as of last minor patch. I have not tested on the PTR.

You haven't added Glyph of Divine Plea.
    Although I'm fairly sure it stacks with anything. It never hurts to test.

He didn't update his original post, but his most recent post said that it does stack. He simply didn't update numbers as he doesn't have them atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    You haven't added Glyph of Divine Plea.
    Although I'm fairly sure it stacks with anything. It never hurts to test.
    If its super important, I will save the numbers whenever I test again after the next minor patch.

I'm glad more people are learning about this. DR and DR effects have a lot of misinformation floating around them.

Numbers aren't important. But just saying Divine Plea stacks with everything in the original post is enough.

There's no rush with numbers for now. Because I think not many people actually doubted Divine Plea's damage reduction. But it's always nice to get some assurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Numbers aren't important. But just saying Divine Plea stacks with everything in the original post is enough.

There's no rush with numbers for now. Because I think not many people actually doubted Divine Plea's damage reduction. But it's always nice to get some assurance.
    Original post updated.

Anything regarding inspiration?
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacy
    Anything regarding inspiration?
    I didn't x-fer to the PTR, so I have not been able to test Inspiration. However, I am 99% sure that this will stack w/ all other DRs.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    I didn't x-fer to the PTR, so I have not been able to test Inspiration. However, I am 99% sure that this will stack w/ all other DRs.
    I'd have to agree with that assumption as well, seeing as it's 10% physical damage reduction.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Re: Damage Reduction Tests (BoSanc, Vigilance, Renewed Hope, Imp RF, Ardent Def.

Pardon for bumping this old thread, but I think its on the right track. How do DR% stack? Is it multiplictive or additive? IE: BoSanc+Imp Righteous fury = 9% or 9.18%? How do these stack with things like warriors or dks passive DR stances (def stance 10% / frost pres 5%)?

Thanks

Re: Damage Reduction Tests (BoSanc, Vigilance, Renewed Hope, Imp RF, Ardent Def.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierius
    Pardon for bumping this old thread, but I think its on the right track. How do DR% stack? Is it multiplictive or additive? IE: BoSanc+Imp Righteous fury = 9% or 9.18%? How do these stack with things like warriors or dks passive DR stances (def stance 10% / frost pres 5%)?

Thanks
    Its a percentage of a percentage like this:

YOU: 0Armor, 3% DR from Renewed Hope, 3% DR from BoSanc

(1) Mob hits you for 10,000damage
    (2) 3%DR from RH reduces damage to 9,700
    (3) 3%DR from BoSanc reduces damage to 9,409

In short 3%+3%=/=6%, rather x*3%=y, y*3%=z. So 3%+3%= 5.91%