Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Is 10 man Ulduar an upgrade for gear?

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    ^ does this makes any sense to somebody? Please explain ???
    Arcane Barrage is a Blood Elf racial. He's making reference to the trope that 99% of Belfadins are n00bs who don't know anything about their class ... a stereotype that remains true even two years after TBC came out.

The only real upgrades you'll find in 10 man Ulduar would be from the Hard Mode versions of the bosses in there. Otherwise, you'll only find side-grades for your gear if you are only going to do just the normal modes.

Well i was mostly refering to the tier 8 set. Tier 8 didnt seem like that much of an upgrade compared to my naxx 25 man set.

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    here is a wowhead comparrison, compairing naxx 25 gear to ulduar 10 gear.

ill let you decide for yourself whats better since i dont play a paladin at high end.

holy: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4057...72:45373:45374
    protection: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4057...83:45384:45385
    retribution: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4057...77:45379:45380
    Thats interesting, but I think the OP was also talking about just offset and other slot gear. The tier gear is pretty good I guess, but Ive got 6 or 7 226 ilevel items so the ulduar 10 stuff is pretty fail. Im having trouble finding upgrades in 25 man also. Most are from hard modes -.-.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    Arcane Barrage is a Blood Elf racial. He's making reference to the trope that 99% of Belfadins are n00bs who don't know anything about their class ... a stereotype that remains true even two years after TBC came out.
    And you proved that this is not only true for paladins (unless you are a BE paladin of course, which would make it even more laughable) as Aracane Barrage is a mage spell and has nothing to do with BEs.

Arcane Barrage is a mage spell.

Arcane Torrent is the BE racial.

Good work knowing stuff about Blood Elves... two years after TBC came out.

Deleted

Ghrim, Vallos, for you to actually take the post you quoted seriously, your common sense of logic and social relations must be somewhere far down the road.
    I can only say one word to you, friend: SARCASM.

Neither posts in question used sarcasm-- the first used satire, and I remain unconvinced that the second did as well.

But good work adopting a very nerdy (and dare I say-- removed from any sense of 'social relations') tone!

SoB/SoM is Holy damage, yes, I know I entered a state the obvious contest...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    And you proved that this is not only true for paladins (unless you are a BE paladin of course, which would make it even more laughable) as Aracane Barrage is a mage spell and has nothing to do with BEs.
    I loled sor hard !

It's Arcane Torrent you fool !
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Rather than start another thread in the endless sea, when this thread is here I would like to pose a question.

Last night in 10 man Ulduar on Flame Leviathan, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45282 dropped for our raid. I ended up passing this to a tanking DK using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43409 as it seemed like much better choice to pass to him.

The raid leader has stated that the next time it drops if I don't have better already then I can just scoop it straight up. (At this point I would like to apologise for the rambling but I felt I need to explain a little)

The question simply is, if I were to take Ironsoul over my current weapon it will drop me below the hit cap,(yes I am over by about 44 points) is the upgrade on the weapon going to cover the drop in hit rating? ArP from the discussion I have seen so far is not a to be avoided stat but it doesnt seem desirable over additional Str although the chunk of crit is nice.

Thanks for any replies on the matter.
    Daenerýs

“It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that--it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown--then you're ahead of the game. That's what it is. Right?” - John Lennon

15+ Year Old Account

its nice of you to pass that item since its a pretty big upgrade for the tank. although its a upgrade

you can be under hitcap. there will be plenty of loot that has hit on it on the way to compensate for the loss of hit. as it stands i have 9% hit, which is way to high ofc. but then again now i am over 4k ap unbuffed. tis actually hard to get items without hit then gear with it for me

and a temporary solution is using hit food.

Kek. Self-pwns make my day.

Barring obviously flawed itemization (mp5 healer plate, mp5 elem mail, spirit mage cloth, etc) Ulduar (hard) 25 > Ulduar (hard) 10 > Ulduar 25 > KT/M/OS ilvl226 gear > Ulduar 10 is the general rule. Or U(H25)>U(H10)>U(25)>KT226>U(1o) if you wanna make it look like a magical formula.

Obviously there are dump stats and sub par items, but that is usually how it goes across the board. One big difference is the 232 weapons from Ulduar 25 are pretty much uniformly better than Ulduar 10 gear, hard or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    10 man Ulduar gear seems nice.

I got the helm from Razorscale or w/e tonight. Although using it takes away 60 hit, leaving me with 139, it gives me a bit more crit and the ArP which is always nice for SotM.
    delayed /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Aziel
    Rather than start another thread in the endless sea, when this thread is here I would like to pose a question.

Last night in 10 man Ulduar on Flame Leviathan, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45282 dropped for our raid. I ended up passing this to a tanking DK using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43409 as it seemed like much better choice to pass to him.

The raid leader has stated that the next time it drops if I don't have better already then I can just scoop it straight up. (At this point I would like to apologise for the rambling but I felt I need to explain a little)

The question simply is, if I were to take Ironsoul over my current weapon it will drop me below the hit cap,(yes I am over by about 44 points) is the upgrade on the weapon going to cover the drop in hit rating? ArP from the discussion I have seen so far is not a to be avoided stat but it doesnt seem desirable over additional Str although the chunk of crit is nice.

Thanks for any replies on the matter.
    You'll definitely want to upgrade your weapon, because weapon dps is one of the most important factors for ret paladin dps, but you will want to be regemming for hit cap as hit > str before cap. A combination of regemming and a weapon upgrade will net you a noticeable dps increase.