Spriest DOT crits

Hello, i haven't had the chance to test out shadow on PTR or live yet, and would like to know a bit about Shadowform making your dots able to crit.
    I've heard a few people talk about downsides - Did Blizzard reduce the initial damage done by the dots in order to not raise the dps too much?
    Also, couldn't this potentially bring VT up in the 5k crit range?

Re: Spriest DOT crits

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    Hello, i haven't had the chance to test out shadow on PTR or live yet, and would like to know a bit about Shadowform making your dots able to crit.
    I've heard a few people talk about downsides - Did Blizzard reduce the initial damage done by the dots in order to not raise the dps too much?
    Also, couldn't this potentially bring VT up in the 5k crit range?

The only time I usually see over 5K VT ticks are on fights like Thad where you have an external damage modifier. Shadowform already caused increased damage of your DoTs ticks by your crit rate, that has been removed and they can now crit. So we will lose some damage off each individual tick in exchange for allowing then to crit for double damage. We also got 6% increased DoT crit chance from the change to Mind Melt.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Re: Spriest DOT crits

Ah, makes sense now.
    Thanks.