Raw mp5 for a holy priest?

Since spirit got a huge nerf, i was wondering if raw mp5 could compare to int in terms of regen?
    Feel free to post some numbers.

Deleted

Re: Raw mp5 for a holy priest?

Only out of combat regen was nerfed... incombat regen remains fine.. spirit FTW.

its really not necessary with our new talent that procs on crit to increase mana regen by 50%.....ive been through 4-5 bosses in ulduar and i really havent had any mana issues just gotta time ur shadowfiend and hymn of hope

Quote Originally Posted by Yonxa
    its really not necessary with our new talent that procs on crit to increase mana regen by 50%
    Mana regen from Spirit is increased by 50%, not total regen.

I stopped stacking spirit a while back for sp. Luckily I kept my old gear since my first try of 25 ulduar was last night and we didn't have a single pally or shaman. We only had 5 healers and 2 were disc. Run didn't go well at all, but there's always next week .

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    Since spirit got a huge nerf, i was wondering if raw mp5 could compare to int in terms of regen?
    Feel free to post some numbers.
    As others have touched on, MP5 went from meh to utterly useless for Priests. The nerf to Spirit was OO5SR only, but the change to Holy Concentration buffed how much Spirit returns, so at a decent gear level (which should be achieveable in Heroic level gear, and possibly sooner) Spirit completely outclasses MP5 in terms of regen and it still gives Spell Power, which makes it that much better. Intellect got a similar boost from the Holy Concentration change as well continuing to be amazing thanks to Replenishment and Shadowfiend, and gets even better with Hymn of Hope.

In summary, if you have any MP5 gems, trade them out for Spirit and/or Intellect.

Do you guys use +16 int gems or +8crit/9sp

Using:

16Spirit (blue gem) for blue sockets [Sparkling Sky Sapphire]

8Spirit 9Spellpower (purple gem) for red sockets [Purified Twilight Opal]

8spirit 8intellect (green gem) for yellow sockets [Seer's Forest Emerald]

So I prefer spirit myself as you can see ^^

+like said above
    Holy Concentration is +50% extra regain from spirit only

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK
    Do you guys use +16 int gems or +8crit/9sp
    I'm too lazy to post numbers for it again, but you're generally better off never socketting Crit. If you want regen, Intellect will get you roughly a third of the crit per point that straight crit rating will, but it also increases your mana pool and regen. So personally, in a yellow socket I would either socket Int (or some combination) if you need mana regen and Haste (or some combination) if you want throughput. In general, I've been using Int/Spirit for yellow sockets because of the good balance of regen and the added bonus that green gems are dirt cheap on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    8Spirit 9Spellpower (purple gem) for red sockets [Purified Twilight Opal]
    I'm a Spirit junkie too, but I've generally be putting pure 19 SP in red sockets because 1x(19 SP) + 1x(16 Spirit) > 2x(9 SP + 8 Spirit) = 2x(9 SP + 8 Intellect). IOW, it's a way to squeeze out a few extra points of SP by taking advantage of rounding errors.