Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priests 3.1 Buff to Prayer of healing

I think tbh this buff has put priest at the top of Raid healing

Anyone else think the same ? or are priest actually getting buffed and other classes getting nerfed wtf ! :P

Re: Priests 3.1 Buff to Prayer of healing

It still costs too much... it has a good niche but it's hardy useful except againts XT o Loatheb... Mending is way way way a better spell.

Yeah i think they need to nerf the mana its costs but in struggling circumstances where raid healing is needed the most its still imba

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    It still costs too much... it has a good niche but it's hardy useful except againts XT o Loatheb... Mending is way way way a better spell.
    You're spreading false information. Mending is triggered by damage, on raid damage (shockwave from Kologarn) you'll heal up 1 member, others will be left with half their HP. There are way more fights than XT where there's raid damage (Kologarn, Council, every watcher etc.). It does cost a lot, but it's manageable. Re: raid healing - druids and priests are on top, however there's a difference between good priests and bad priests who are the spam type.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    That's completely untrue. With the current state of gear (mostly BIS items minus MH, OH and second ring), on my guild's Yogg-Saron kill your mana is easily maintained throughout the encounter. Ignis, XT, etc are all fights where the mana is really not an issue and, as an alchemist, you basically have four ways to almost top your mana (shadowfiend, clearcasting, potion, Hymn of Hope).

To be honest, I'm seeing still roughly the same numbers across the "Healing Done" boards with druids being up there as well now. The buff is completely fine.

PoH hpm is over 9000, it's good, but situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveil
    PoH hpm is over 9000, it's good, but situational.
    It's really not. It is now what could be considered a Holy Priest's main raid healing spell at the moment considering with your Serendipity stacks at 3 (which, with clearcasting always proccing off a PoH+CoH combo with the proper gear you can get a lot more flash heals out that trigger it) it is a fast, mana efficent, AoE heal that heals for quite a bit. The new Divine Hymn is what could be considered a situational heal; not PoH.

I just wanted to say that ye, it costs a lot of mana like everyone is trying to say, but if you use it right (i.e. without overhealing) it will be very efficient. 20+ hpm if i remember right, compared to ~5 of GH and FH. And, it's more faster to cast one PoH (even without any buffs) then 5 flash heals, but the result will roughly be the same. Surely, you realy need to anticipate the damage to use this spell at it's max.

It is quite ironic that the most efficient heal we have is now supposed to be to expensive, don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    It is quite ironic that the most efficient heal we have is now supposed to be to expensive, don't you agree?
    It's not ironic, you, if you're a priest with full25men gear of 3.0.9, will have 22k mana raidbuffed, and around 900mana regen OO5SR and 550 I5SR, with a 30%+ spell crit, giving you a 80% uptime at least, of Holy Concentration that will boost up your regen to over 1.3k (basically, what you had before the spirit nerf), add that now, SF mana regen got buffed, and HoH now increases your mana pool, with HoH+SF up you can regen more than 15k mana, add a Potion, and I hardly doubt you'll ever go OOM even by spamming PoH every AoE (Like 2 PoH every Ignis's Flame Jets)

Spamming PoH is the fastest way in the game to run OOM. You will go OOM, there is no denying the numbers on this:

At 1680 mana / cast, you will need a 3360 MP5 to sustain it assuming every cast takes 2.5 seconds. In reality, you will typically manage to cast PoH even faster if you are winding it up a little, while the winding takes less mana, you'll still end up spending more mana overall. No ~700 MP5 while casting will save you in that regard. And that's about what you will have, given a decent uptime on Holy Concentration (nevermind that this needs other spells to be cast to work properly) and full raidbuffs.

Assuming a 22k manabar, 700 mana in per 5 seconds and 3360 mana out per 5 seconds, you will be OOM in about 40 seconds. So much for spamming!

That said, almost spamming PoH is worth it. You will run OOM, but when the wipe happens, you can lean back and tell yourself you did all you could. When the raiders learn to move out of the aoe, you can likely cut back on the spam, but until then you're acting as a very decent safety line.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

PoH is great now, I dusted it off the shelf, went disc and had fun with raid healing. I'd never argue PoH vs PoM, as I use and love em both.

PWS, PoM, Flash, Flash, Penance, PWS, PWS, Renew (oops wrong key), PoM, Penance, Flash, PoH, PoH, PoH, PWS, FlashFlashFlash, PoM, PWS...mana is ok, still have HoH, Shadowfiend, pot.

For anyone who thinks PoH is a bad spell, you clearly have not healed P2 Mimiron yet. Basically I just spam PoH during that phase gets me down to about 40% mana, hymn of hope at start of P3 and back to 100%.

If you dont know how to use your spell and utilize them theres something wrong. The changes to PoH single handedly made Priests top of raid healing once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmassacre
    For anyone who thinks PoH is a bad spell, you clearly have not healed P2 Mimiron yet. Basically I just spam PoH during that phase gets me down to about 40% mana, hymn of hope at start of P3 and back to 100%.

If you dont know how to use your spell and utilize them theres something wrong. The changes to PoH single handedly made Priests top of raid healing once again.
    I agree, PoH is a great spell. But you have highlighted just how situational it is. (Dont get me wrong its a great spell) But I think some of the other posters are referring to the fact that it is not a sustainable part of our healing rotation. IE. It will work for 1 phase of a 8 min fight, but not for the whole 8 min.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK
    I agree, PoH is a great spell. But you have highlighted just how situational it is. (Dont get me wrong its a great spell) But I think some of the other posters are referring to the fact that it is not a sustainable part of our healing rotation. IE. It will work for 1 phase of a 8 min fight, but not for the whole 8 min.
    Every boss fight in Ulduar right now has use for this spell due to heavy and predictable raid damage, although on some fights (ie council, auriya<-spelling idk, thorim) it should be repressed by counters and interupts.

I have to say for myself though PoH is not putting me out of Mana i dont use Hym of hope much at all so it can be used to the maximum tbh if u go OOM in any fight as a priest u should give up the game tbh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Assuming a 22k manabar, 700 mana in per 5 seconds and 3360 mana out per 5 seconds, you will be OOM in about 40 seconds. So much for spamming!
    Except you're completely forgetting Replenishment, Shadowfiend, Mana Pot, Inner Focus, etc. with that 700 MP5 number. I can easily spam PoH for a lot longer than 40s without running out of mana.

Every damn spell is "situational" if you want to nitpick. Why the frack would you want to use PoH for the entire duration of every fight? That'd be about as fun as only spamming Flash. Priest are great healers, and fun because we have a boatload of spells capable of many various applications/rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Except you're completely forgetting Replenishment, Shadowfiend, Mana Pot, Inner Focus, etc. with that 700 MP5 number. I can easily spam PoH for a lot longer than 40s without running out of mana.
    Yeh, his numbers were completely random

You could also add to the list trinkets, like me for "Long" fights I use the Soul of the Dead (900mana on proc) and the Spark of Life (176mana/5sec for 15 sec) and, most of all, Holy Concentration.

Your numbers, Danner, are just casual, yeh, with NO mana regen except the one that comes from your gear, you'll probably last 40 seconds.

Add a replenishment of 0.25% mana regen, wich is about 70mana regen, then the Shadowfiend+HoH=15k mana, then a Nightmare pot, 3.6k mana, then Holy Concentration wich adds you more than 500 mana regen....It's gonna be around 3-4 minutes or more.
    Add that NOONE is actually spamming PoH for 3-4 Minutes, this means you can get along really well on a 1-2 minute spam of PoH spread over the 7-8 minutes of the encounters.

Oh God, please don't let PoH get QQ'd to the point where they reduce its mana cost by 5%. Then, once they realize how BA it is, they nerf it all the way into oblivion.

Please. please. please.

Oh, and let the Shaman QQ fall on deaf ears. Their niche is sustained, prolonged, mana efficient raid healing. Our's is ZOMG WHAAAAA KABOOM MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS! raid healing when needed at the cost of large chunks of our mana bars.

Oh, and PoH isn't mana inefficient. It just heals for an metric ton in a short time, which burns through lots of mana fast. Its actual HpM is through the roof, better than CoH even (not counting glyphs). The Mana Used per Second, however, while "spammed," is epic.