Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ret+divine sacrifice

i tried this new ability last week and got destroyed in 2 sec. ;D (Tympanic Tantrum
    ) so i made a macro to bubble then pop it.... anyone have any other fun idea on how to pop divine sacrifice and not get instantly killed, beside yelling it at a healer

also, im looking for a macro to cast hand of sacrifice on the target of my target

thanks

Re: ret+divine sacrifice

Pending Damage Incomming, insterad of nurfing your damage with DS, we suceessfully used Divine Sacrifice with divine Protection and absorbed alot of damage, and stayed alive. DSac without DP or DS is suicide in a raid wide damaging situation.

Hand of Sac and Divine Sac do not stack so if you are thinking that don't try it. (I thought you might be because you asked for the macro, if not, not think I was flaming, just putting some info out!)

You can also use HoP and Divine Sac as long as the damage you are absorbing is Physical (aka Tantrum on xt-002). If it is anything other than Physical you will still take it.

This makes it possible to use it twice in that fight without being owned.

Macro including Divine Sacrifice and Divine shield do NOT WORK. Just to tell anyone here. Divine Shield does not activate.

With Divine Protection it can work, however your healers have to know about it or you die in a second.

With Divine Shield, I think its bugged and it can absorb infinite damage (or I heard something about that on EJ anyway). It looked true when I tried it, anyway. I don't know if thats really a bug or how its supposed to work, though.

As said already, Hand of Sacrifice and Divine Sacrifice do not stack - don't bother.

/cast [target = targettarget] Hand of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    Macro including Divine Sacrifice and Divine shield do NOT WORK. Just to tell anyone here. Divine Shield does not activate.
    Um well, both are on the GCD? Bubbling first and then casting Divine Sacrifice should work.

Quote Originally Posted by MatsT
    Um well, both are on the GCD? Bubbling first and then casting Divine Sacrifice should work.
    A macro would try to cast them back to back without waiting on the GCD, therefore a macro won't work. If one wasn't on the GCD it would.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake

With Divine Protection it can work, however your healers have to know about it or you die in a second.

With Divine Shield, I think its bugged and it can absorb infinite damage (or I heard something about that on EJ anyway). It looked true when I tried it, anyway. I don't know if thats really a bug or how its supposed to work, though.

As said already, Hand of Sacrifice and Divine Sacrifice do not stack - don't bother.
    Pretty sure that it doesn't absorb infinite damage anymore. I use it with Divine Shield - using Divine Shield first - and I usually have 5-6 seconds left on Divine Shield when Sacrifice wears off, indicating that it absorbs the correct amount and then falls off.

Yah on XT last night I sacrificed/divine shield and saw a lot of 0's on my screen. On the third tantrum I tried sacrifice with protection and died fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    A macro would try to cast them back to back without waiting on the GCD, therefore a macro won't work. If one wasn't on the GCD it would.
    I use this macro to bubble myself and cast DSac to absorb the damage. It requires 2 keystrokes to invoke (although you can just spam it, if you kick it off before a large amount of AOE dmg comes in, you'll typically want your bubble up before you invoke Divine Sacrifice so your bubble absorbs the dmg).

/castsequence Divine Shield, Divine Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by archibal
    I use this macro to bubble myself and cast DSac to absorb the damage. It requires 2 keystrokes to invoke (although you can just spam it, if you kick it off before a large amount of AOE dmg comes in, you'll typically want your bubble up before you invoke Divine Sacrifice so your bubble absorbs the dmg).

/castsequence Divine Shield, Divine Sacrifice
    The point of most macro's is to reduce the number of key strokes or clicks........how your macro is any better than clicking the button I have Bubble binded to and then the button I have DivSac binded to is beyond me. It is the same result.

I don't think DiviSac absorbs infinite damage anymore when Bubble is up........Mine fell of before Bubble was over.

Hand of Sacrifice doesn't kill you anymore if you can get 1 heal off right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    Hand of Sacrifice doesn't kill you anymore if you can get 1 heal off right?
    What?

Both HoS and Divine Sac can kill you. One heal may not be enough to prevent it, depending on the size of the heal.

I don't know if HoS is capped like Divine Sac is though. Really, way to ask a question that has almost nothing to do with the thread!

It is an amazing talent, I took it right away when realms went up ^^

Made by myself while I'm bored..

15+ Year Old Account

my guild paladin CL says that the ability used with bubble will give 30% mitigation until bubble is up.

the reason for this is because it will end when uve taken 150% of ur life, this will not be reached if u use bubble as u wont take any damage.

not sure if this is working as intended or a bug but it's pretty nice with 30% raid mitigation
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    What?

Both HoS and Divine Sac can kill you. One heal may not be enough to prevent it, depending on the size of the heal.

I don't know if HoS is capped like Divine Sac is though. Really, way to ask a question that has almost nothing to do with the thread!
    HoS is capped at 100% of the paladin's health.

15+ Year Old Account

I used it as prot on the first Tantrum on XT (before 75%, so I wasn't tanking), with bubble on me. Let me say, a fully talented 40% absorb does miracles for the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Wizzleteats

Amazing talent particularly in Ulduar, but I reworked my interface and bars after 3.1. I was doing Patchwerk in Naxx last night and developed a bad case of "stupid fingers", I popped Divine Sacrifice instead of AW. I managed to form the thought "Oh, shit!" in the half second I stayed alive. They went to wildly different hotkeys after that. -_-

It stinks having to pop Divine Shield and gimp my own damage in order to use it, but keeping the raid alive > flexing my epeen on Recount.

Agreed, it is a fat pve talent especially useful in heavy raid dmg fights. I think we can all agree, we've probably used it by accident and had a, "oh fuuu" moment. I found it useful in the mimiron fight and the ignis fight.

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    On the third tantrum I tried sacrifice with protection and died fairly quickly.
    Same happened to me, as both have a 10 second duration, so that means if you do it manually, one of those abilities will be active for 1.5 seconds longer then the other, which is bad lol.

To be fair, it's a gimmick ability for a gimmick fight. But coupled with the extra buff to Sacred Shield (which I love), I have to say that Divine Suicide has won me over. Just last night I popped it during a tantrum, and even managed to save a wipe because someone didn't move fast enough with a Gravity Bomb on them.

XT kinda lets a Ret Paladin shine. Last night I was:

6th on Damage (behind 4 Rogues and a Fury)
    3rd on Heals overall (JoL is h4x)
    absorbed a shit-ton of damage through 2 tantrums.

Edit: that all being said, if Blizz ever gives us a DPS increasing talent, or something that gives Expertise or Hit, etc, I'd reallocate those points in a heartbeat. Divine Suicide et al isn't necessarily 'good' for Rets; it's just the best we have currently available.