Spriests and training dummys

so what is your DPS on training dummys with self buff's only?

Re: Spriests and training dummys

ive never been shadow ever, and i just went shadow today and im only reaching about 2.3k dps on the dummys, how well is this holding up to other ppl?

I wouldn't know, since why the fuck would I care to go hit on a training dummy instead of doing something useful, like getting flasks/potions/gold, or cooking food so I'm prepared for the real raids!

15+ Year Old Account

Even in real raids my DPS is lacking badly, so is our other spriests. averaging 4700 on decontructor. Way down the list.

You didn't tell us what your other dps did. But there's no encounter in Ulduar that's a good measurement, except Kologarn. And Kologarn is only reliable data if you didn't get beams on you.

I did 12500 on Thorim /epeen, everybody else peaked at around 8k. Does that make my dps good?

DPS is such a useless measurement. Those who live though the end, and still do reasonable dps, is better than those who do insane dps and then dies for the remaining 80% of the encounters ;-)

~2,8k 50% heroics-10m, 50% 25m

Agreeing with Nezoia here. Dpssing when you should and dpssing the target you should dps is a lot more important than just dpssing.

Might sound obvious, but some people really do not understand the concept.

If you really want to know my dummy dps, it's ranging from 3k - 3.3k(Did go higher on tests as RNG is a huge factor currently, but that is a rough estimate). This was on patch day with addons freaking out and I wasn't really used to it.

DPS is such a useless measurement. Those who live though the end, and still do reasonable dps, is better than those who do insane dps and then dies for the remaining 80% of the encounters ;-)
    I disagree about this. Survivalbility is not an excuse to lower dps. There are those who live through the end and still do insane dmg, aren't there? =)
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You didn't tell us what your other dps did. But there's no encounter in Ulduar that's a good measurement, except Kologarn. And Kologarn is only reliable data if you didn't get beams on you.

I did 12500 on Thorim /epeen, everybody else peaked at around 8k. Does that make my dps good?

What everyone else did is roll melee. I don't really think I need to say a lot more.

I was about number 7 on recount behind all our melee. I was usually top of the caster list. They all we averaging around 5600 dps. 3-4 5.8-6k and the rest lower to bring their average down.

So far, I just seem to be lacking in DPS, I would like to hear if other shadow priests are falling behind. It seems to be scaling issues, but who knows. Maybe we will have to completely focus on crit, get around 50% buffed to actually compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    I disagree about this. Survivalbility is not an excuse to lower dps. There are those who live through the end and still do insane dmg, aren't there? =)
    You do more damage when you're alive... take the case of someone doing 10K dps but living long enough to do 100K damage vs the person doing 3K dps but stayed alive and did 500K total damage. Sure those numbers are a bit arbitary but you get my meaning. Survivability does have a dps value it's just a lot harder to measure.

The only time raw dps means anything is for encounters with very tuned enrage timers and they are only valid during progression which is generally a very small portion of your raiding time.

Moderate to High dps with guaranteed survivability is always > Insane dps with poor survivability. If you get Insane dps with high survivability you tend to be an extremely good player but most dps people chuck survivabilty out the window in favour of trying to push that 1 extra cast or that 1 extra hit of damage and it generally results in wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    You do more damage when you're alive... take the case of someone doing 10K dps but living long enough to do 100K damage vs the person doing 3K dps but stayed alive and did 500K total damage. Sure those numbers are a bit arbitary but you get my meaning. Survivability does have a dps value it's just a lot harder to measure.

The only time raw dps means anything is for encounters with very tuned enrage timers and they are only valid during progression which is generally a very small portion of your raiding time.

Moderate to High dps with guaranteed survivability is always > Insane dps with poor survivability. If you get Insane dps with high survivability you tend to be an extremely good player but most dps people chuck survivabilty out the window in favour of trying to push that 1 extra cast or that 1 extra hit of damage and it generally results in wipes.
    As an example, if you have a raid pushing out 4k dps per person on mimiron with high survivability, you'll have no problem. If you have a raid pushing out 8k dps per person with low survivability, you'll hit stage 4 with most of your dps dead and end up not being able to kill each section at the same time. There's also more important things attached to survivabilty, like making sure that when you have a mark of the faceless on you in General Vezax that you move away from everyone else. Or making sure when you're burning down guardians against yogg that you don't hit any clouds.

Spriests can put out big numbers on certain fights when they need to. Just make sure you're not sacrificing survivability to achieve that when high dps is not that important. I'm usually not top dps on most of the current encounters, but I'm alive until wipe probably 98 times out of 100