Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How is Ret working in arena post 3.1.1?

i love when people say ret has nothing going for them... is the player base that retarded?

what was the most popular holy spec in S5? thats right... 37/0/34.

showing that ret has plenty going for them if 34 pts of their tree are more valuable than getting the 41 or even 51 pt talent in the holy tree or ANY talents in the prot tree.

the only difference is Ret chooses damage over healing. you have the same CC, so try a class that synergizes with your damage.

Surv Hunter? Frost Mage? Any Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kàllen
    i love when people say ret has nothing going for them... is the player base that retarded?

what was the most popular holy spec in S5? thats right... 37/0/34.

showing that ret has plenty going for them if 34 pts of their tree are more valuable than getting the 41 or even 51 pt talent in the holy tree or ANY talents in the prot tree.

the only difference is Ret chooses damage over healing. you have the same CC, so try a class that synergizes with your damage.

Surv Hunter? Frost Mage? Any Rogue?
    That was a HOLY build, using HOLY gear, was a healing pvp spec.

Stop saying nonsenses.

I think the problem was the exorcism in pvp was making Bgs way too easy, just shoot people at range then come in and do a rotation and they are done. But for Arena where you needed that 3k exorcism to finish a geared healer at the end of a CC rotation we got kinda boned.

I dunno, im kinda interested in how they will change ret again. Our current FCFS system isnt bad, but it doesnt require very much skill, only time you have to think about when to use skills are in pvp and even then unless you can get some help its almost impossible to solo a healer.

Ok did 10 games not realy that big but lol it´s still faceroll <.<
    had wings up ( veng 3 stacks, 4,2k ap and deathbite ) used crusaderstrike and auto hit ( all crited ) on a holypaladin ( had 18xx hiddenraiting) went from 100% to 45%
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Quote Originally Posted by Spamor
    Ok did 10 games not realy that big but lol it´s still faceroll <.<
    had wings up ( veng 3 stacks, 4,2k ap and deathbite ) used crusaderstrike and auto hit ( all crited ) on a holypaladin ( had 18xx hiddenraiting) went from 100% to 45%
    So what, than he does a holy shock and hes with 100% health again.

and you wont do that every battle, its luck to crit everything at same time.

Yeah vs. some comps that should beat us we had to play very well and just hope the game lasted long enough for my Pali to string together 4 or 5 crits in a row ... It takes awhile :-\

at least we got a good spot in 3s...ret/warr/disc priest its pretty nice... kill the healer fast...because for your healer u got bop,DSac, HSac if he gets focused on the same time by the other dps...

for example on rmp...u can go bladestorm + Dsac...to ignore much of the sheep/blind while the priest cant hold on too much to harmstring/ms/hoj

but the current state of ret...

facts : no fast distance closing like all the other melees : charge/intercept ...feral charge/dash...ShS/sprint...DeathGrip/CoH

no ranged dmg (more than 10y...and not counting HoW) ... like shattering throw...deadly throw...icy touch...etc

no Healing debuff...no slowing...no draining (i'll ignore this because no melee has it)

last but not least : no valid interrupt/silence (only the 2 m...2 sec silence belf racial)

dispellable hoj ...so like somebody said...we really need to get a disc priest to Mb the healer...and carry us to higher rattings

Honestly dont see any problem.. my partner is a Resto shaman , we both have skill and no how to play ( not being big headed ).

Ret paladin and shaman are a REALLY good setup.. The surviveabilty of both is nuts. improved Divine Gaudian for your partner helps so much.. IMP sacrafise.. his Stoneclaw totem glyth.

Exorism can be just used for pets still it gets rid of them fast enough.

Paladins still have a nice burst Soc is alot better for arena now than SOB any way and crusader strike AND divine storm do more damage so if you have a skilled resto shaman that can assist burst and do a CC train.. like start out making the healer use trinket carry on the fight. bla bla.. then wait for a oppitunity use your repetence then at about 2 seconds shaman should start to cast hex if he has gladius he will see then, that time the dps SHOULD be kinda about 60% or 50
    then WAM shaman bursts and u pop wings.. its all over.. espectialy as we both have enginering..

just find a good resto shaman or disc priest is all i can say.. without them your fookerd..
    but were not that bad tbh guys.. and we WILL get fixed.

GL.

Quote Originally Posted by yeroo
    Honestly dont see any problem.. my partner is a Resto shaman , we both have skill and no how to play ( not being big headed ).

Ret paladin and shaman are a REALLY good setup.. The surviveabilty of both is nuts. improved Divine Gaudian for your partner helps so much.. IMP sacrafise.. his Stoneclaw totem glyth.

Exorism can be just used for pets still it gets rid of them fast enough.

Paladins still have a nice burst Soc is alot better for arena now than SOB any way and crusader strike AND divine storm do more damage so if you have a skilled resto shaman that can assist burst and do a CC train.. like start out making the healer use trinket carry on the fight. bla bla.. then wait for a oppitunity use your repetence then at about 2 seconds shaman should start to cast hex if he has gladius he will see then, that time the dps SHOULD be kinda about 60% or 50
    then WAM shaman bursts and u pop wings.. its all over.. espectialy as we both have enginering..

just find a good resto shaman or disc priest is all i can say.. without them your fookerd..
    but were not that bad tbh guys.. and we WILL get fixed.

GL.
    I agree for the most part.. ret/healer takes a good bit of skill, and I kind of enjoy the challenge but if you do one thing wrong - matches go on FOREVER until you can set it up again. So really the problem (in my eyes) with playing ret in 2's atm, is that it takes sOOO damn long to level a team from 0, just because you are fighting far longer games usually. Also, fighting resto druids is a pain in the ass, as you can't really cc them at all (just hammers..) and their mana regen is crazy go nuts

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

ret is good now, with 19/52 spec u have enough defence and quite good burst aswell.
    played 94 games today, 61-33, currently 2000 rated, which wasn't too hard at all...
    If you know what you are doing you can be high...

arms warrior + healer is quite hard tho...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...BB%D1%8C%D1%84

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    Its BAD, really bad in arenas. Battles takes forever, you can win not thx to you but your partner healer.

any healer just do /sit /laugh or /dance, its just ridiculous, when your biggest hit is a 4k crit, whit no silence/interrupt.

Remember that humans dont have arcane torrent, so is even harder.

They need to fix this ASAP! Or give exorsim back to us, or make SoC usefull again.
    Aye, ret is totaly broken, no good for arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendalph
    ret is good now, with 19/52 spec u have enough defence and quite good burst aswell.
    played 94 games today, 61-33, currently 2000 rated, which wasn't too hard at all...
    If you know what you are doing you can be high...

arms warrior + healer is quite hard tho...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...BB%D1%8C%D1%84
    Im hoping your stats are bugged... o.o Because for my offspec I got 3,3k ap, 360 hit and 32% crit o.O Also like 300 haste and 14 exp ;o

But guessing you go with pvp gear in arena? Or is it worth the loss of survivability for the extra dps?

going almost full PvP gear in arena, as Im playin` with rogue and I really need that surviveability, However Im using qite a bit of PvE items to increase my stats

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but wth ;D

This is mainly directed at ret/resto shammy setup since its what I've seen most often.

I'm a priest and a few things that none of you are mentioning is your utility.

Replenish is amazing in arenas and virtually insures that your healer will never go oom no matter how hard he tries and will never have to drink leaving you vulnerable.

You have magic, disease, poison and curse removal.

BoP for melee teams is a very nice tool to have. In theory you shouldn't loose to a rogue team ever, since w/o their opener there no trouble at all.

Yes your damage is a little low atm, Ill admit it. But most other melee damage is the same as yours (not including rogue openers) they just have other ways to put pressure on healers that you don't (interrupts/ms effects). They also don't have the above buffs either.

Whats the craziest thing I've seen playing against ret/shammy is how god awful the shaman are (no offense). Most of these guys are sporting rival/duelist titles so Id assume that they know what they are doing but apparently not. Games generally last around 20 minutes for me against this setup and for about 10 minutes of that the shaman is standing there doing nothing. I keep waiting for them the help the pally out, but they seem to give it 1 try early on and just give up.

Shaman could make it hell for priests if they were to play aggressive with well timed earth shocks and tossing in some dps. With replenish you have the upper hand vs priest/dk imo. Its just I end up drinking back to full whenever I want with a fear on the pally and Shaman just standing there not paying attention.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account

The spec is definetly broken. I play Moonkin with my ret partner. Comparing his damage to last week,he lost about 17% damage. We made about 67 matches and his damage really sucks atm. :'(

I hope that blizz will make an improvement soon. Otherwise i´ve to change my partner for getting back our lasts seasons 2k rating...