What should i change ?

Hi. Im new here. (btw sorry for my english)

I have little problem with my sp. My friend told me that i should do about 4.2k dps on target dummy with my gear.. bu t i do only 3.3k(with a luck, usually its about 3k)... I use VE-VT-MB-MF-SW:P-DP and then spam MF/MB and keeping dots up. Sometimes i cast SP..

After read about 4 forums im little confused.

armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rush&n=Devilek

Re: What should i change ?

You wont do 4.2K dps on a target dummy with self buffs only... you're friend is leading you astray.

3.3K dps is about right... may not be the absolute best that is possible but it's certainly around the mark for some very decent dps.

Ok nice.. but why this mage

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...arush&n=Kropka

can do on target dummy with self buffs only about 4k dps.

I always thought sp is better dps on 1 target than mage, when both of them have comparable gear.

dont you ever compare target dummy dps vs raid dps.
    Just dont, ok?
    Some classes/specs scale better with raid buffs and some scale worse. Dummy dps isnt tellin you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilek

I always thought sp is better dps on 1 target than mage, when both of them have comparable gear.
    Mages should out dps Shadow priests. Nothin you can do about it

Deleted

there are classes that have a lot of raidbuffs built in, an example is an elemental shaman, who can get totem of wrath for 280 spellpower + 3% crit, a 5% haste totem, 5% crit on crit.

Or a balance druid 5% crit from aura, 3% haste from aura, 3% hit and crit from improved faerie fire and 3% crit or damage from improved insect swarm, and 4% spelldamage from master shapeshifter.

A shadowpriest only really has misery and shadowweaving.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    A shadowpriest only really has misery and shadowweaving, not to mention Prayer of Fortitude, Spirit, and Shadow Protection. Oh and how could I forget Replenishment and Vampiric Embrace
    fix't.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Under what circumstances did this mage do 4K dps, how do you know he did 4K dps? I'm sure if I cast 1 MB I could do 4K dps... better yet an arcane mage could probably do 6K dps on a target dummy then be oom 20seconds later.

Spriest dps is definitely competitive with all the other casters, it tends to be a tad lower than other casters for patchwerk type encounters but I have no issue with that. Ulduar really has no tank and spank encounters and thus far I tend to be 3rd on dps behind a Feral Druid & rogue.

Seriously, this preoccupation about who can output the biggest number is getting more and more retarded every day. I can tell you one of the best benefits of a shadow priest is the fact they are so hard to kill in PvE. We get 15% reduced damage and heal ourselfs for 15 to 25% (depending on talents) of our dps... I rarely die b4 we clear or wipe on a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    fix't.
    GTFO

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Under what circumstances did this mage do 4K dps, how do you know he did 4K dps? I'm sure if I cast 1 MB I could do 4K dps... better yet an arcane mage could probably do 6K dps on a target dummy then be oom 20seconds later.

Im with one guild with this mage. And we sometimes test our dps on target dummy... everyone told me that i should do better dps then this mage... But fact is that i do much lower dps.

On raid also mage to better dps than I... But the distance is not so high like on target dummmy... \

Seriously, this preoccupation about who can output the biggest number is getting more and more retarded every day.
    Yeah i know but fact is that if i do better dps then boss will die faster (i know that tactic is the most important think but you cant run forever on boss)... for example new boss in VoA (you need nice dps to do it without any problems, OS with drake if you dont kill drakes really fast you will wipe)

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    GTFO
    For stating the utility that so many people seem to forget about a Shadow Priest? Right, whatever. :
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

For stating the utility that so many people seem to forget about a Shadow Priest? Right, whatever. :
    Well, utility like Shadow Protection and Fortitude are not exactly useful for target dummy DPS, which is what the person was talking about.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

No, I would think it's for being a smartass and not correcting the obvious mistake that Shadow Weaving is not a raidbuff when acting like that.

How much shorter is a boss encounter going to be if you increase your dps by the amount you are behind this mage do you think? You will probably find the reduction in encounter length to be trivial and if your healers are having 0 mana issues and you are clearing encounters before enrage timers then any increase in dps isn't actually adding anything.

Where you will need to press your dps is when you start attemptign hard modes, but Ulduar gear will help increase your dps so it will all come with time.

Deleted

fix't.
    Fortitude, and shadow protection dont increase dps, spirit 'very' slightly, but only provides 8 spellpower and another 8 with glyph of shadow.

Also forgot one more thing from elemental shaman, they have 10% spelldamage increase for their next two spells when they crit.

Damage done > DPS

10k dps means nothing if you die 10 seconds into the fight.

Yeah i know but fact is that if i do better dps then boss will die faster (i know that tactic is the most important think but you cant run forever on boss)... for example new boss in VoA (you need nice dps to do it without any problems, OS with drake if you dont kill drakes really fast you will wipe)
    The best way to get a boss down faster, is to not have anyone die. Personal damage output (I dont even care about dps) comes with gear and time.

Ok. Great thanks for the help now im little calmer, but another question what should i change in my gear in prio? (i mean all gems enchants and items) Link to armory is in first post