Disc Warrior 2's

Been playing Disc and arms for a few hours, 1500 rating atm.

Its actually really decent imo.

I play crit disc

22.5% to crit with holy, 26.5 with renewed hope 100% dominance gear.

We dont really have any problems with DK Pally teams at all.

but anything with a mage or rogue and its gg.

any thoughts ideas for fighting mage rogue, pries rogue, mage lock, mage moonkin?

Re: Disc Warrior 2's

played 6 mage rogue teams back to back, the lastest, which lasted about 45 seconds i died with PS up at 100% hp when it was casted. ive got 1006 resil... theres literally nothing i can do to stop this team ever, 95% loss

Quote Originally Posted by wouldstalk
    played 6 mage rogue teams back to back, the lastest, which lasted about 45 seconds i died with PS up at 100% hp when it was casted. ive got 1006 resil... theres literally nothing i can do to stop this team ever, 95% loss
    If the match took 45 seconds then you didn't die in the PS, because PS only stays for 8 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Rymezz
    If the match took 45 seconds then you didn't die in the PS, because PS only stays for 8 seconds
    or it took 37 sec to kill his partner and 8 to kill him afterwords
    Nah, I don't think so, more like chewed out, I've been chewed out before.

Or they didn't attack for the first 44 seconds and they one hit you both ;D

You should really have a 90% win rate vs double dps. Disc priest vs double dps is all about blowing all cooldowns.

You have to keep in mind that any damage you do to them is there, they can't heal. Your mana wont be an issue so over heal yourself, even if you dont think you need a heal go ahead and blow some mana on it and maybe you get a bubble out of it.

Your partner needs to do the same, burn everything you have.

I play with Ret so i have bop which does make it easier but conversely he cant peel. With the current Ret nerf id say warrior disc is a better comp.

Typically a fight should go like this: They cheapshot, you pump fear, they do kidney before you can get fear off, trinket, fear, they trinket (hug walls btw) you blow PS because they arent in fear anymore, instant cast heals, penance, run more, fear again, penance, desperate prayer.

At this point they have blown ALOT of thier cooldowns as you have too but your at full life and hopefully one of them is near dead.

If you die with a cooldown that you could have used then you failed.

I actually think destro lock is the double dps partner we have lost to the most, there was one paired with a shadow priest ..... oww

Get rocket boots if you don't, it will save you a lot of headache against mage/rogue. A well timed intervene from the warrior when they open on you could help a lot too I'd imagine. Burn your trinket on kidney or deep freeze then rocket boot out of LOS, heal to full, reshield, hopefully your warrior has bleeds on the rogue, don't let the rogue escape to restart and you'll win, dispels are crucial on the warrior to prevent him from being nova'd to hell while he's chasing a sprinting rogue.

Also ret/disc is the bane of mage/rogue from the 40 or 50 games I played with a ret. You don't even have to avoid sheeps with both able to dispel, blind can be bopped or bubbled. Ret pally can dish insane amounts of damage on a rogue in an instant and freedom means whoever they focus is immune to shatter combos. I would queue dodge ret/disc if I were a mage/rogue.

Yeah i suppose rocket boots might provide a window of opportunity, but as the games went now i doubt it would do anything but prolong the loss... at most give us one or two wins vs teams who arnt very good.

But honestly with the rogue poison change they just stealthed into the game, ive gone from 100 to 0 inside a counter spell. even if i only drop the half and blow every cd i have properly i still rarely manage to recover.

and yeah to the above poster... you do understand that combat in arena starts when the doors open ya? im not saying that this is my exact science but it goes soemthing liek this... doors open, see what we have, buff me, buff partner, hots etc LOSing back and forth to check out angles of attack kind of deal, commence fight...

45 seconds seems like a decent estimate for the overall arena match time... now actual combat vs a rogue mage usually never lasts longer then 30 seconds.

Its just the thing with that comp is that at any point they can double CC on me and switch to my warrior and blow him up, 500 resil but hes a warrior you know?

or they can just blow my ass up and because hes a warrior can do anything but bladestorm to stay out of sheep.

theres even been games where we kill either the rogue or the mage and it just ends up being a reset. mage sheeps invis and drinks/evoc to full and demolishes the warrior when bladestorm isnt up.

Rogue blinds vanishes goes off and eats... and current rogue vs warrior is rediculous, watched a rogue with t7.5 range gear and golem shard sticker vs an arms warrior in full deadly.

the rogue won twice back to back and i asked him what was his largest damaging attack and he said it was wound poison procs at 45%.

theres literally nothing that can be done about this comp...

Alrighty just to let everyone know if you want to try out a new comp for twos

Disc arms does work... its not great but it does counter some teams decently if played right.

What you can expect:
    This isnt a full explanation of all teams but these are some of the things i noticed after 60 games of warrior disc

you will trash most warlock healer teams simply sit on the lock, CC the healer, some well done overpowers, fears and MC's on the healer and you can scores some points.

DK pally teams are a joke, help your warrior burst during fears on the pally, keep abolish disease on you and the warrior, if you start to oom, you can easily los and get away from paladins while your warrior is sitting on the deathknight for an easy drink or hymn of hope. remember to leave your warrior with a shield and abolish before LOS'ing out of there.

Rogue ret, have your warrior sit on the rogue. warrior bladestorms and blows cooldowns to take the rogue out asap. you dont have to do a whole lot except keep your warrior moving and play super defensivly. PI with a haste trinket + borrowed time on shield, self cast penance and then innerfocus greater heal is tremendous healing power. save pain suppression for after you used your trinket on hammer or kidney shot. remember to keep moving. the key is to not let that rogue kick/kidney etc.

finally id like to add that any team with a combination of rogue or mage will absolutely demolish you. Disc rogue, mage moonkin are do-able but very difficult. Mage rogue teams are almost guaranteed loses.

as of april 23 my 2's is 1951 rated 85% win ratio.